Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Eleven: Sam's Place

Cesc stared out of the window of the car sadly. He was back in Barcelona with Sam by his side while Daniella was out in Paris enjoying a paid-for trip.

Sam was driving him back to the house he still shared with Daniella so he could pick his things up. Sam felt bad for the footballer, she could see how much he loved Daniella and she hated how Daniella just threw it all away.

“Are you okay?” Sam asked as she glanced at him. Cesc looked away from the window and nodded, “I’ll be fine.”

Sam sighed before pulling up outside of the house. “Do you want me to come with you?” she asked. Cesc shook his head and opened the door of the car, “I won’t be too long.” He said before jogging up the front steps of the house.

Sam bit her lip as she watched him enter the house. Even after their rocky past, Sam was willing to look past that and focus on helping him get back to his proper self.

-

Sam ran a hand through her brown hair as she walked into her kitchen. It was around 8:30 PM and Cesc was in the guest room taking a small nap.

He was exhausted and Sam knew that when he woke up he’d be really hungry and would want to consume everything in Sam’s fridge. Since Sam couldn’t cook to save her life, she grabbed some menus from her cupboard and decided to order some pizza.

Just as she was about to dial the number of the restaurant, someone knocked on the front door. She walked towards the door and opened it.

Sam raised her eyebrows when she saw Lionel Messi and Gerard Piqué standing on her doorstep. “Hi, Sam. My name is Leo and this is Gerard. Can we please see Cesc?” Leo asked politely.

Sam looked up at Gerard who had a wide grin on his face. Laughing softly, Sam nodded and moved aside to let the two footballers in. “Sure, he’s in the guest room upstairs. Second door on the left.” Sam told them.

“Gracias!” Gerard said before pulling Leo up the stairs. “Muchas gracias, Sam!” Leo grinned. Sam shot him a smile back up before returning to the phone.

-

“It’s fine, Cesc. I never liked Daniella anyway.” Gerard mused as he poked around the nicely decorated guest room. Leo turned to face Gerard from his position on the bed and shot him a glare.

“You’re not helping, Geri.” Leo said through gritted teeth. Gerard shrugged innocently and tinkered with something he found on one of the bookshelves.

Cesc sighed and ran a hand through his brown hair. He knew that being negative wasn’t going to get him anywhere so he was going to focus on Barca. They weren’t having a great season and he wanted to help improve the team’s performance.

“It’s fine, guys. Really, I’m happy where I am.” Cesc said, slightly wincing after he let the words out. He wasn’t really happy; all he wanted was to take some time off away from everyone to get his mind off Daniella.

Gerard snorted sarcastically, “You’re not,” he laughed, “But Sam’s really nice to let you stay here. How do you know her, anyway?”

Cesc shrugged, “We were friends since we were kids. It doesn’t really matter; let’s just go eat. I feel like I just hibernated.”