Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Twelve: Daniella's News

“Welcome back, Cescky!” Xavi greeted with a big smile as Cesc walked onto the training pitch. The Spaniard smiled as his teammate, “Thanks, Xavi.” Cesc replied. Cesc had left the house early before Sam had gotten up, but he left her a note telling her where he was going and when he was going to be back.

Daniella was either going to come back from Paris today or extend her trip. Either way, Cesc just wanted to go back to his usual, carefree self. “How are you doing?” Neymar asked as he jogged up to his teammate with a smile.

“I’m doing alright,” Cesc replied as the team started jogging around the pitch. “Who are you staying with? Geri?” Xavi asked. Cesc shook his head, “Nope, I’m staying with a friend of mine.”

“Oh, who is he?” Neymar added. “It’s a she, actually. Samantha Castillo. Do you guys know her?” Cesc asked. Neymar and Xavi shot each other a look. They knew Samantha Castillo, all right. She was one of the most well known people in Spain and everyone loved her.

“You’re friends with Samantha Castillo?” Neymar asked in shock. Cesc nodded, “Yeah. Childhood friends, actually.” He smiled. Neymar grinned happily, “Do you think you could introduce me to her?” he asked.

Cesc gave Neymar a knowing look, making Neymar raise his hands in defeat. “I just want to meet her, Cesc.” Cesc sighed and nodded, “I’ll make sure with her first.”

-Samantha.
“Are you serious?” Andrea asked me in a hushed tone. I glared at her and she pointed up at the guest room, “You have a footballer—a recently single footballer—living in your house?” she squealed.

I groaned and threw a chip at her. “Stop making such a big deal out of this, you’re going to freak Cesc out. We’re just friends! Remember that.” I said, narrowing my eyes at her. Andrea raised her hands up in surrender, “Okay. But if he has any cute footballer friends, hook me up.” She teased.

I was about to shoot her a snarky comment back when the door opened. Cesc walked in the house whistling a soft tune. He stopped whistling when he saw Andrea and I staring at him.

“Oh, sorry,” he murmured sheepishly. “I didn’t know anyone was home.” He apologized. Andrea cleared her throat and shot me a look. “Oh, right,” I chuckled, “Cesc, this is Andrea. Andrea, this is Cesc.” I introduced the both of them.

“Hola.” Cesc smiled politely. Andrea grinned back, “Hi. Well, I should get going. See you tomorrow, Sammy.” Andrea said before grabbing her bag and waving at the both of us again before walking out the door.

Cesc set his back down by the table and sat across from me. “How was training?” I asked. He shrugged, “It was fine. We’ve got a couple of games left before the finals.” He told me, sneakily grabbing a chip from my packet.

“Do you think you’re going to win the league?” I asked him, slapping his hand away from my chips. He nodded, “Of course. We have to be optimistic, don’t we?” he grinned.

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair. “So—” I got cut off mid-sentence when someone knocked on the front door. I got up and walked to the front door and opened it to see someone I hadn’t expected to see.

“Daniella?” I shrieked. She shot me a small smirk, “Where is he?” she asked. I furrowed my brows, “Why do you want to know? He’s over you.” I snapped. Daniella glared at me before pushing her way into the house and to the kitchen.

Cesc looked up from his phone and up at Daniella. His face instantly paled and he quickly stood up. “Daniella, what are you doing here?” he asked. Daniella turned to shoot me a glare before turning back to Cesc.

“I have to tell you something,” she said, sitting down next to Cesc. “What is it?” Cesc asked.

Daniella took a deep breath before talking, “I’m pregnant.”