Status: Combining Fantasy and Science Fiction!

Alternate Gear

Noland. Named after a man who first discovered the country, it was a beautiful place full of life. Until the Great Gear War ravaged the land and left it barren. The remains of machines litter the soil. Rouge android armies roam unchecked and kill anything in sight. Cities and towns are turned to ashes in their wake. People call them "Gears," due to the giant pieces of metal rotating in their chests. Eighty years of fighting has divided the land. There are three major regions, and each area is governed by a different species. In the South, lies the vast beach of the Black Sea. The sun hardly ever rises or sets there anymore. Many believe the coast is cursed; it was the main battleground of the war. No one knows what lurks beneath the waters anymore... After their own town is decimated, Deon and Tamika Colworthe, two store clerks, set out seeking new lives, unknowingly beginning a new era of peace.
  1. The FOX-PARTY
    Sort of like the title page!
  2. They Came From the Sea...
    Nineteen year old Deon Colworthe recalls his Grandmother telling him about the Great Gear War.
  3. Colworthe's
    The Family Business...
  4. Blood & Oil
    Deon realizes the impact the Great Gear War has had within his homeland. Meanwhile, trouble strikes...
  5. Fear
    For the first time in his life Deon comes across a robot. Not one, but two. Miranda and Ms. Stewart are in grave danger, but he's afriad...
  6. Gears
    The Androids proceed to tear Deon to shreds...
  7. INVASION (Part 1)
    While Deon gathers his courage, the story turns back to "Colworthe's," exactly six minutes earlier...