Status: Still working on this. Will update within a day of the last update until I get to the point I am in the story. (Hopefully.)

The Zeal of Eros

Chapter 7

When I got home, I felt more guilt weighing on me.

What right had I had to question him? A little voice in my head started to nag me. You had every right. That hadn't made me feel better about it.

My dad really didn't want me to be alone, even though I think I made it abundantly clear that I really didn't want anyone around. My dad also wanted me to stay home from school to make sure that I was alright. But I couldn't stay in the house with my dad acting like a mother hen. It was just adding to the stress.

I went to school at my ordinary time. Rose caught up to me as I was already passing her house.

“Aria! Wait up!” She caught my arm and stopped me. “Aria. What's wrong?”

I shook my head.

“I'm alright.” She looked at me worriedly.

“You were in the hospital for two days.” I sighed.

“I wouldn't be out and about if I wasn't well enough.” She bit her lip.

“I see. What about Coop. Heard he was at the hospital and saved you from a rabid dog.” I grounded my teeth slightly.

“He's perfectly fine.” I'm sorry, I'm still a bit mad from him hiding things from me.

Don't get me wrong, being Cupid and telling me was a huge step. But someone had had me kidnapped by the Empousai. And Cupid knew who it was. A hand waved in front of my face brought me back to reality.

“They said he stayed by you.” I groaned.

Problem with living in a small town. Secrets just don't stay secret very long. Except the massive secret about a god in our town. That still baffled me.

“Yeah. He did. But he was there for another reason. To see his own doctor.” Rose rubbed her chin gently.

“Hmmm....” I looked at her.

“What is it, Rose?” Sometimes, asking Rose what's on her mind was like trying to talk to a goldfish. Mainly because her thoughts were always changing.

“Just thinking.”

“It must her then. You got this expression like it's painful.” I tried to make the face she had been making while she was thinking, scrunching up my face slightly. She shoved my shoulder.

“Shut up Aria.” She laughed. I know I had been sulking a lot since yesterday. I could tell when I broke into a grin. “There's the Aria I know. Come on. Let's get to school.”

The walk to school was as less troubling as it were yesterday. At least this time, I wasn't being stalked by demon cheerleaders. Which reminded me.

“How were the cheerleaders? Didn't we have a game yesterday?” Rose looked at me with a cocked eyebrow.

“Why do you ask? You're not thinking of joining the cheering squad, are you?” I shook my head.
“You really don't remember them following me around? Before I went to the hospital?” Rose looked at me, her face becoming more and more worried.

“Aria, you must have really hit your head. The cheerleaders hadn't followed you around. I know you had an awkward conversation with Max.” I blinked.

“Rose, the cheerleaders were following us that morning. You even asked me if I did something to them.” She grabbed my arm.

“We had a nice conversation about the guys at school. No one was following us. You ok? You look liked you are going to be sick.” My skin felt clammy.

The cheerleaders were there. Even Coop had confirmed it. Why didn't Rose remember. I knew I should have probably stayed home. I wouldn't have to deal with the churning in my stomach.

I wouldn't have to see him. I still felt guilty for accusing him. But what else was I suppose to do? Pretend that thing with the Empousai didn't happen.

Rose grabbed my shoulder.

“Do you want me to call your dad or 911?” I shook my head.

“No. I'm ok.” No I'm not. I noticed how much my hands were shaking.

Why was I feeling like this? A sudden pain in my back, bringing me down to my knees.

“Aria?” She kneeled. “What is it?”

My body started to tremble.

“Get... help...” I tried to say through the trembling.

She started to pull out her phone, trying to call 911. I started to fall over.

Not again, I thought. I can't faint now.

As my vision started to blur, a dark figure came over.

I'll take her to the hospital.” I felt my body being lifted.

Maybe this time, I would have another dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, Chapter 7. Mainly because I was really bored last night and saw how short chapter 6 and chapter 7 were going to be. I will be working on Chapter 8 tonight and maybe tomorrow. But for now, two chapter update for the day.