Life of Luxury

Chapter Fifteen

I woke up the next morning to an alarm going off. I groaned, knowing that I didn’t set the alarm and then felt that I was holding something. I blinked my eyes opened and realized that I wasn’t in my room, I looked in front of me to see that I was with Haley. Her back was to my chest and my arms were wrapped around her waist. I looked at the clock and saw that it was nine in the morning and I was confused as to why the alarm was going off.

Haley groaned and then reached over and turned off her alarm, I tiredly sat up and watched as she rolled over and looked at me, “Hey.”

“Hey,” I smirked and watched as she yawned and stretched, I smirked when her shirt rose up and I saw her stomach, “What’s with the alarm?”

“I’ve got work at eleven,” she said and I frowned, “Don’t pout, I only work like two or three times a week.”

“My buddies come in today, I was gunna ask if you wanted to help me pick them up at the airport,” I said and she looked at me confused, “There’s a lot of them, we had to rent a bus to drive us from the airport to here.”

She giggled and then sat up, “How many are coming?”

“Five,” I said and she nodded her head, “But one’s in a wheel chair and he’s really that we’re reason we’re renting the bus, I want him to be comfortable.”

“What happened?” she asked, looking at me and I looked down at the bed.

“He was in a car accident and was paralyzed,” I said and she looked at me sadly, “He’s the reason that I started the Seguin Stars foundation.”

“That’s pretty cool,” Haley said and I nodded my head, “What’s his name?”

“Derek,” I said and she smiled.

“He’s not dorky like my Derek?” she asked and I chuckled.

“Hell no- And he can handle his liquor,” I laughed and she smiled and I felt her fingers on my sleeve, tracing over my tattoos.

“What do they mean?” she asked and I looked at her seeing her gliding over the numbers on my arm.

I shivered as her touch and she looked at me, “They’re the years of my parents and sisters birth,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head, “What about yours?” I asked and looked at the woman on her shoulder; it was a woman with a crow, wolf and some other animal together.

“That was the start of my sleeve,” she said and I smirked.

“Who is she?”

“The Morrigan,” she said and I looked at her confused, “In Irish mythology, she’s the goddess of battle, strife and sovereignty. I’m Irish and I enjoy different cultural mythology.”

“What’s with the wolf, and other things?” I asked and she giggled.

“In times of war the Morrigan would change into a crow, wolf or eel to help out her fellow soldiers and help them survive. She’s known to be the ‘Phantom Queen’ or the ‘Great Queen’,” Haley explained, sounding proud as she explained her tattoo.

“It’s nice, I like it,” I said and she smirked, “What about this one?” I pointed towards the one on her other shoulder, “A peacock?”

“Did you know that a peacock in ancient times symbolized immortality and renewal?” she asked and I shook my head, “Christians used them a lot in paintings and mosaics, some still even use the peacock’s feathers during Easter as church decorations. They think that the peacock is a direct link to Christ.”

“How do you know all of this?” I asked, finding it interesting that she knew so many random facts.

Haley just shrugged her shoulders, “I like to read,” she said and I smirked, “I was fascinated with the peacock and believed in the renewal part,” she said and I leaned back on the bed and looked at her, “When I won the lottery, I promised myself that I was start a new life, I guess you can say that the peacock is my promise.”

“Are you going to get anymore?” I asked and she smiled at me.

“Maybe,” she giggled, “You?”

“Yeah, I’m get one on the back of my arm,” I said and motioned towards my bare arm.

“What are you going to get?” she asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know yet, it’ll come to me someday, I don’t when I’ll get it, just know that I want it,” I said and she giggled and nodded her head.

“Well, I have to go to work,” Haley said and I looked at the clock to see that we were talking for about a half hour.

“What time do you start?”

“Eleven,” she said and I snorted, “I have to get ready!”

“No, don’t go,” I whined and then wrapped my arms around her and pushed her onto the bed and climbed on top of her.

“Tyler!” she laughed and I chuckled and pressed my lips against hers.

-Haley-
“Sorry again, Max! I promise I won’t be late again!” I yelled as I grabbed my helmet and keys from the back and headed for the front door, my shift being finished at the coffee shop.

“All right, see you later, Haley!” he yelled and I ran out the front door.

Just as I turned the corner to head to where my bike was parked, I ran into someone. I nearly fell to the ground after bouncing off of their solid body, but they caught me, “I so sorry,” I heard and looked up to see a tall, nicely built, brown hair, light eyes, white smile man, “I sorry.”

“Uh, it’s all right,” I giggled and he helped me up straight.

“I wasn’t paying attention,” he said and then motioning to his phone and rubbing the back of his neck, I smiled at his thick French accent.

“It’s all right, I was just headin’ to my bike,” I said and motioning towards the motorcycle a few feet behind him.

“Very nice, I go for coffee, would you join?” he smiled brightly and I giggled.

“Maybe another time, I need to get home,” I said and he smiled.

“So I get to see you again?” he asked and I smiled.

“Are you going to that coffee shop?” I asked pointing towards Mocho Coco, he nodded his head, “Tell you’ll see me again, I work there.”

“Oh, nice, I’m Antoine,” he said and we shook hands.

“Haley,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head, “You don’t sound like you’re from around here.”

“Uh, no, I’m from France,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Here for- for, uh, work.”

“Cool, well it was nice meeting you Antoine, guess I’ll see you another time,” I said and waved towards him and then walked over towards my bike and climbed on, ‘…He was pretty cute…’ I thought and placed my helmet on and listened to the engine roar to life.

I drove to the four blocks to my home, I know that I could walk, but I just wanted an excuse to take my bike out, I loved riding on it. I pulled into the parking garage and made my way towards my parking area. I saw my car and pulled my bike up next to it and cut the engine.

“Hey Hales!” I heard and turned my head, my helmet still on, I smirked when I saw Freddy waving towards me, he was surrounded by a group of guys.

‘…And let the party begin…’ I thought as I took my helmet off, grabbed my keys and climbed off my bike, shaking my hair out and hoping I didn’t have helmet hair, “Hey!” I smiled and walked over towards them and saw a bunch of guys smirking towards me.

“Hey Haley,” Tyler smirked as he closed the truck of his car, finished taking the luggage.

“Hey,” I smiled and then playfully punched Freddy, “You rabbits finally finished fuckin’ last night?”

“Fuck off,” Freddy blushed and I heard the guys laugh.

Tyler came up next to my and threw his arm around my shoulder, “These are my buddies from back home, Brandon, Eric, Trevor, Nick, and-“

“Derek,” the one in the wheel chair said as he moved it forward and shook my hand, “Charmed to meet you.”

“Oh, you’re a sweet talker,” I giggled and he smirked and shrugged his shoulders, “Good, so if I sit on your lap you can give me a ride up?”

“Anytime,” he said and I laughed.

“He’s a ladies man,” Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

“Pretty sure your whole pack is Seguin,” I said and poked his side and the guys laughed.