Life of Luxury

Chapter Nineteen

“So, where do you want to go?” Antoine asked as he leaned against his car that was parked next to my bike.

“What do you want to do?” I giggled as I leaned against my bike, just having gotten out of work. I had changed into jean shorts and a red plaid button up short sleeve shirt. I left my work clothes in my locker in work; I would get them the next time I worked.

“You want to go to baseball game?” he asked and I smirked, I was just at one on Monday with Tyler, Brittany and Freddy, today was Thursday.

“Sure,” I smiled and he nodded his head and opened the passenger door for me.

“I’m only guessing that I’m driving,” he said and I giggled as he looked at me bike.

“I mean, if you want me to be in-between your legs, I could drive,” I said and patted my bike’s seat and Antoine chuckled.

“I’d rather be between yours,” he said and I blushed because the tone in his voice wasn’t referring to being on the bike.

‘…Why does that feel like a Tyler line?...’ I thought as I looked at Antoine and smirked towards him, ‘…Tyler…’

-Brittany-
I know it was early, I mean it was only nine in the morning, but for some reason I was wide awake and I wanted to talk to Haley about her date with Mr. French. I pulled into the parking garage and got out of my car. I was heading towards the lobby doors when I heard a motorcycle and turned my head to see that Haley was driving in.

‘…Haley?...’ I thought and looked at my watch, ‘…What the hell?”

Haley got off her bike, I waited for her, she started to walk towards me, she looked tired, “Not a word,” she said as she walked towards me.

“Did you sleep-“

“No, I didn’t sleep with him,” she said and then sighed. We walked into the lobby and into the elevator, I pressed the button for her floor and watched as she leaned against the wall and sighed.

“How was it?”

“I’m a horrible person,” she said and I looked at her confused, “He was so sweet, took me to lunch, we went to a baseball game and then he was going to drop me off at my bike. I was ready to come home, but he asked me if I wanted to go to his place and we could watch movies.”

“What happened?”

“You know the whole time during lunch and the baseball game I was thinking about Tyler,” she said and my eyes widened, “Antoine took me to the same café that Tyler took me too on Monday, we went to go see the Rangers vs. Rays- Same as Tyler! So when he asked me to go back to his place, I agreed thinking that maybe I could stop thinking about him,” she growled and then punched the wall of the elevator, “The whole fuckin’ time I was thinking about Tyler.”

“Did you fall asleep at his house or something?” I asked and she shook her head.

“I left around midnight; I didn’t want to come back here so I drove around,” she said and I looked at her.

“Where did you drive to?” I asked and she sighed.

“I went to the beach,” she said and I looked at her confused, “Walked on the sand, stared out at the ocean.”

“Hales, the closest beach is in Houston,” I said and Haley nodded her head, “That’s three and a half hours away!”

“Three if you speed,” she said and looked at me and I saw the sad look on her face.

“You really like Tyler, don’t you?” I asked and she sighed.

“He kissed me this morning and begged me not to go on the date with Antoine, said he wanted to be more than friends,” she said and my eyes widened.

“Why the hell did you go?!”

“I don’t know- I honestly don’t know,” Haley said a defeated look on her face, “I was just angry with him for getting into the fight, for making out with that girl when the other day he had spent the night with me and we kissed all night.”

“Wait- What?!” I asked and she looked at me and nodded her head, “Explain.”

“On Monday, after my Aunt- He took me to the rink, brought me to the gym and let me punch out my frustrations,” she said and I watched her, I looked at the elevator and saw that we were on the twenty fifth floor. I hit the ‘stop’ button and she looked at me and I motioned for her to continue, “When we were at the rink, we kissed, it got pretty hot and we rushed back here, but you and Freddy were in his place and Drake and Colin were in mine, so we never got to- Ya know,” she said and I nodded my head, “He spent the night and in the morning we woke up together, we talked about our tattoos before I went to work- It was nice, Britt.”

“Shit, you really do like him,” I said and she nodded her head slowly.

“I know he’s a manwhore, a flirt, an ass- I KNOW this,” she growled and I just looked at her, “I don’t know why I like him- It’s just- He has- He has this sweet side,” she said and I saw her eyes starting to water, “When we were at my family event, he kept me calm, he-“

“I know,” I said, and I did, “Tyler told Freddy and I what happened.”

“What am I going to do, Britt?” Haley asked and I hugged her and then sighed.

“Tell Tyler,” I said and she looked at me, “And tell Mr. French that you want to be just friends, it’s not fair to him.”

“You’re right,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head. I hit the stop button on the elevator again and we felt it kick to life again and brought us to our floor, “Thanks Brittany.”

“Anytime girl, I love you,” I said and Haley smiled towards me and nodded her head.

We walked out of the elevator and headed for Haley’s door. Just as she was about to open the door, the one behind us opened, I turned around and saw a small blonde walking out, she was throwing her shirt on and was holding shoes in her hand and looking to be sneaking out.

“Oh,” she looked at us wide eyed, “Hello.”

“Which one was it?” Haley asked and I looked at the girl.

“Uh, I think his name was Ty- Tyler,” she said and my eyes widened, “Man, he was a lot of fun,” she giggled, “My legs are sore-“

“That’s ok, you don’t have to go into detail,” I said and looked at Haley to see her glaring at the door, she opened it and then walked into her place and then let me in. I jumped when the door slammed behind me.

“I didn’t do it!” I heard and snapped my head towards the couch to see Freddy and his friends sprawled out on the couch, two were even outside on the lawn chairs.

“I swear I lock this door, how do you get in?” Haley asked and Freddy smirked.

“I’ll never reveal my many talents,” Freddy said and I giggled while Haley rolled her eyes, “You just gettin’ in? Did you get it in with Mr. French?”

My eyes widened and I shook my head towards him, wishing he would stop talking. Haley growled and then turned arm and stomped off towards her room. I sighed when she let out a frustrated scream.

“Uh, was it something I said?” Freddy asked and that scream woke up the other two that were on the couch.

“What’s goin’ on?” Trevor asked sleepily.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked and Freddy yawned.

“Segs was gettin’ some ass, she was really loud,” Trevor said and stretched.

“Yeah, small blonde? Met her out in the hall,” I said and Freddy chuckled.

“So what’s up with Haley?” Freddy asked and I walked over towards him and plopped on his lap and kicked my feet onto the coffee table.

“Why’s there a skank sneaking out of your place?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Rebound for the non-relationship Segs shared with Haley,” Freddy said and I sighed, “Now you, what’s up with her?”

“Pissed because the whole time she was with Mr. French she was thinking about Tyler,” I said and Freddy sighed

“So they both like each other?” Derek said from the other side of the couch, I looked at him and nodded my head and watched as he pushed himself up and into his wheelchair.

“Yeah, at first I thought it was Segs bein’- Well bein’ Segs, I thought he just wanted to get in her pants,” Freddy said and I nodded my head, “Not so sure now.”

“He wouldn’t be this pissy with her being on a date if he didn’t like her,” Derek said and I sighed.

“So what are we going to do?” I asked and looked at Freddy, “Obviously we need to do something.”

“Why do we need to do something?” Freddy asked.

“Because I don’t think we like to see either of our friends upset,” I said and Freddy sighed, “And I’m pretty sure that if Tyler sleeps with another girl he’s gunna get an STD.”