Life of Luxury

Chapter Two

“What the hell, Freddy?” I heard and then saw a figure appear in the doorway and my eyes widened.

“Holy fuck,” I breathed and Brittany looked at me.

“What?” she asked and I looked at the guy in front of me.

“You’re Tyler Seguin,” I said and he looked at me and smirked.

“And you’re really hot,” he said and I rolled my eyes, watching as he leaned against his doorway and I saw his friend shake his head and mutter ‘weak’.

“You know him?” Brittany asked.

“He was drafted second overall by the Boston Bruins in 2010, scored his first goal against Phoenix on a breakaway, first teenager to score four points in a playoff game since Trevor Linden,” I said and continued to rattle off some other information and seeing Brittany giving me a confused look.

“The girl knows ya, Segs,” Freddy said and I scoffed.

“Don’t flatter yourself, I just know the sport,” I said and Tyler chuckled.

“So you’re good?” Brittany asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Was, until he fucked it all up and got traded to Dallas,” I said and he glared at me and Freddy laughed.

“I like her, she’s not gunna fall for your bullshit,” Freddy said and I just looked at Tyler, watching as he glared at me.

“Come on Haley,” Brittany said and started to pull me, “Sorry about her,” she said and I rolled my eyes, “This is why boys are scared of you!”

“Good,” I said and she sighed and shook her head and hit the button for the elevator.

-Tyler-
“This is why boys are scared of you!” I heard the one girl say to the other that was a bitch to me.

“Good,” she said and I rolled my eyes and turned around, going back into my new place, hearing Freddy cracking up behind me.

“What’s so funny?” I heard one of my buddies ask Freddy.

“Dude, Ty just got sooooo burned by his new neighbor,” he laughed and I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “You had to be there.”

“My thought is how the fuck can that girl afford that condo, mine was over three mill,” I said and Freddy shrugged his shoulders.

“Her tats were pretty sick though,” he said and I rolled my eyes, “And they were both pretty fuckin’ hot.”

“Yeah, whatever,” I muttered.

“Don’t be pissy because she didn’t fall for your boyish manwhore charms,” Freddy chuckled, “She knows sports, she knows your rep.”

“Whoa, a hot girl who actually knows the sport? Why didn’t I meet her?” my buddy and now ex-teammate, Brad Marshand whined.

“She’s nothing special,” I muttered and Freddy scoffed.

“I clearly remember you saying ’You’re hot’ to her- Which, by the way was fuckin’ weak!” he said and I plopped on the couch.

“Shut the fuck up!” I yelled and the guys laughed.

“You’re totally off your game, Segs,” Brad said and I sighed and looked at my two other friends who were standing out on the balcony looking at the view I had.

-Haley-
“See ya later, Britt!” I smiled and waved goodbye to my friend as she walked out of my car and into hers. We had just gotten back from going to dinner, deciding to skip the bar scene tonight, but planning on going clubbing this Friday. I walked into my building, got onto the elevator and hit the button for the twenty ninth floor. It took a while to get there, but when I did, I walked out and towards my door, opening my door and hearing Laya barking towards me, “Hi pretty girl!” I smiled and bent down when she came at me, “Did ya miss me?” I giggled and scratched her neck, “Come on, let’s go for a walk at,” I looked at the clock, “eleven at night.”

I walked towards the closet and grabbed her leash, not realizing that I left my door wide open and hearing Laya bark. I grabbed the leash and walked over and saw that Laya was standing in the hallway barking. I grabbed her collar and looked up and sighed, seeing that she was barking at Tyler.

“Sorry,” I muttered and linked the leash to her collar, “Didn’t realize I left the door opened.”

“Nice dog,” he said and I looked down and laughed a little, see that he had a chocolate lab by his side.

“Same to you,” I said and then sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, “Uh, sorry about the bitchy comment before,” I said and looked at him, “I didn’t mean to be rude, kind of just slipped out.”

“I’ve heard worse,” he said and then moved into the hallway and closed his door, “Just going for a walk.”

“Uh, same here, there’s a dog park about a block away,” I said and he looked at his watch.

“It’s opened now?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“It’s got street lights in it,” I said and then closed my door and locked it.

“What your dog’s name?” Tyler asked as I looked and saw him by the elevators.

“Laya, yours?”

“Thought you knew everything about me?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Your stats, not your personal life- Well, other than you like to fuck girls and party,” I said and he chuckled.

“You pretty much know me then,” he said and I sighed.

‘…I see why Boston traded him…’ I thought as I stood in the elevator, our dogs standing in-between us.

“Marshall,” he said and I looked at him confused, “Uh, you asked my dog’s name, it’s Marshall.”

“Oh, cool,” I said and then bent down and looked at the two labs sniffing each other’s faces, “Hi Marshall,” I giggled when he came over towards me and tried to lick me, but I pulled back a little and petted his head, “Are you a ladies man like your dad?”

“No doubt, gets more girls than me,” Tyler said and I giggled and then stood back up, “So,” I looked at him and then towards the elevator to see that we still have twelve more floors, “You live alone?”

“Yeah, have for two years,” I said and looked at him suspiciously.

“And you can afford living here?” he asked and I sighed.

‘…Of course, if it isn’t my personality, it’s the money that scares them away…’ I thought and looked down, “Yeah, I can afford living here,” I said but just looked forward.

“Someone die and give you money?” he asked and I snapped my head towards him.

“Is it really any of your business?” I asked and he just looked at me.

“No, sorry,” he said and then it was awkward.

We got to the bottom floor, walked into the lobby and headed for the front door. I looked towards Tyler and saw him looking around, I sighed, “This way,” I said and he looked at me, “You looking for the dog park?”

“Yeah.”

“This way,” I said and he nodded his head and started to follow me.

“So how long have you been in Dallas?” he asked and I looked at him.

“All my life,” I said and he looked at me surprised.

“You don’t have one of those famous southern accents,” he said and I smirked.

“Both of my parents were from the north, moved here when I was born to be close to family,” I said as we crossed the street and headed into the dog park.

“You know, you know my name, but I never got yours,” I heard him say and stopped to turn around.

“It’s Haley,” I said and he smirked.

“Pretty name for a pretty girl,” he said and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, “What? I’m just stating a fact!”

“Whatever,” I said and then walked into the dog park.

“Wow, this place is nice, didn’t know they would have a park downtown,” he said and I nodded my head.

“They built it about a year ago,” I said and he and I saw that we were the only ones there. I unleashed Laya and grabbed one of the tennis balls in the nearby bin and showed it to her. This got both her and Marshall’s attention.

“Hold on boy, let me get you- All right, go!” Tyler laughed as I threw the ball and watched as Laya ran to get it and saw Marshall running too, “How often do you come here?”

“Almost every day,” I said watching the dogs, “Sometimes at night, sometimes during the day, depends on when I have work.”

“Maybe we can come together,” he said and I looked at him and then looked to see the dogs running back.

‘…What the fuck is he trying to pull?...’ I thought and watched him bend down and grabbed the ball from Laya’s mouth and then threw it again, “What are you going to do with him when you’re away?”

“I haven’t figured it out yet, Freddy lived with me in Boston, he’s not staying in Dallas,” Tyler sighed and I walked over towards the one bench and sat down, watching the two pups jumping around and having fun with each other.

“You’ll figure something out,” I said and then just looked forward, ‘…What the hell am I doing with him anyways? I just met him! If it wasn’t for Britt fuckin’ lecturing me about how to talk to boys, I would be still not talking to him…’