Life of Luxury

Chapter Five

“Excuse me, you’re in my spot,” I turned my head and sighed.

“Derek, just sit next to him,” I said and looked towards Tyler who was looking at my friend confused.

“But that’s my spot,” he whined and I rolled my eyes, “I always sit in that spot. Haley, you know that’s my spot. Every time I come here, I always sit in that spot.”

Tyler looked at me and gave me a ‘really’ look and I sighed and moved over closer to Freddy so that Tyler could move over and stop Derek from bitching.

“What the hell was that?” Tyler muttered to me and I sighed.

“He’s got some kind of complex where everything needs to be routine,” I said and he rolled his eyes and nodded his head, “Do you understand?”

“Not really,” he said and I sighed.

“He’s a fuckin’ geeky version of Crosby,” I explained and Tyler nodded his head and I rolled my eyes.

“Haley, when is Drake going to be here?” Derek asked and I looked at the clock on the wall above the TV.

“Should be on his way.”

“Why is no one here? It’s seven, you told everyone to be here at seven, it’s seven and no one’s here-“

“Derek!” I groaned and leaned my head back, “They’re coming! You never heard of fashionably late?”

“Here, hon, have a drink,” Brittany said and I looked to see her handing Derek a beer, I knew he wouldn’t take it.

“Oh no, I don’t drink,” he said and Tyler snickered, I slapped his stomach and glared at him, “It makes me feel weird.”

“That’s the point, dude,” Freddy said and I punched his arm.

“Shut up,” I growled and the two snickered.

“The guy’s a loser,” Tyler laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Derek,” he looked at me, “Play Tyler in NHL ’13.”

“What’s that?” he asked and Tyler’s eyes widened.

“Hockey, hon,” I said and he shrugged his shoulder, “I know it’s not your usual game.”

“I’ll try it, how do you play?” he asked and Tyler smirked.

“This’ll be easy,” he said and I smirked evilly.

‘…That’s what you think…’ I thought and climbed over Tyler’s lap, knowing full well that he checked my ass out. I handed Derek the controller and showed him what button was what and Tyler started the game, of course picking the Bruins, while I chose the Panthers for Derek.

“You gave him the weakest team, Haley!” Freddy said and I nodded my head, knowing what I was doing.

I walked away just as the game was starting, not needed to watch it, knowing that Derek was going to win either way, the kid was just skilled like that. I walked over towards my kitchen, saw the front door open and saw Drake, Colin, Erin and Theresa walk in, “Hey guys!”

“Hales, hey girl!” Erin smiled and walked over towards us, Drake and Colin behind her, the three of them had boxes, “We bought the liquor store.”

“Awesome!” I laughed and looked up to see Freddy walking over.

“Noice, a lot of good shit here,” he said and the three looked at him.

“The hockey player?” Drake asked and I shook my head.

“The hockey player’s dorky friend,” I said and Freddy scoffed, “Freddy, meet Erin, Colin and Drake, guys, meet Freddy.”

“Where’s the hockey player?” Drake asked and I smirked and nudged my head towards the couch.

“Currently getting his ass kicked by Derek,” I said and the three snickered.

“Why’d he want to play against him?” Colin asked and I smirked.

“Because I wanted them to play against each other, he was being an ass, so Derek is shutting him up,” I said and Erin laughed.

“You’re a bitch,” she smirked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“What game are they playing?” Colin asked.

“NHL ’13.”

“The hockey player is losing a hockey game?” Erin asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “Awesome.”

“Karma’s a bitch,” I said and Freddy smirked and rolled his eyes.

“What can I do to help?” he asked as he opened the boxes and looked at the various alcoholic drinks, juices and beers.

“Step back and let the master work,” Drake said and Freddy looked at him confused, “Hales is like the best bartender I ever met.”

“You’re a bartender?” Freddy asked and I shook my head, “Then-“

“Kind of taught myself, was really bored one day,” I said and he laughed.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” Tyler yelled and stood up, looking at us and pointing towards the TV, I was just cracking up laughing, “He beat me!”

“I know,” I said and smirked, “I knew he would too.”

“He doesn’t even know the game,” Tyler said and then walked over towards us and leaned against the counter.

“He’s just that good, he’s able to pick up on things really fast,” I said and then started to pull out some of the bottles, “Shit D, you even got the good tequila!”

“Nothing but the best,” Drake said and I smiled brightly and bent down to grab the box of red solo cups, my blender and martini kit.

“Haley, you’re phones ringing!” Derek yelled from the couch.

“Answer it, hon!” I yelled as I went to my fridge and put all of the juices inside and pulled out some that were already opened.

“What are you making?” Tyler asked.

“Oh, uh, something I made up,” I said and looked towards guys, “Colin, Erin, Drake, this is Tyler-“

“The hockey player?” Drake asked and I snickered and nodded my head.

“Tyler, these are my friends, Colin, Erin and Drake,” I introduced and Tyler nodded his head towards them.

“Haley, the pizza is downstairs,” Derek informed from across the room.

“All right- Uh, let me-“

“I’ll go get it,” Colin said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“You’re gunna need help and it’s already paid for, just tip the guy,” I said and Colin nodded his head and he and Drake walked out of the condo.

“Do you know what you’re doing?” Tyler asked as I added the Everclear alcohol, rum, vodka and triple sec into the blender.

“Shush, just wait,” I said and Freddy snickered and Tyler rolled his eyes. I went back to the fridge and grabbed some strawberries, oranges, grapes, watermelon and pineapple, they were already diced up, I had done it this morning. I threw the fruit into the blender and then threw away the containers and grabbed the cranberry juice and orange juice, walking to the freezer and grabbing the frozen orange juice.

“What the hell is that?” Tyler asked and I smirked towards him.

“Jungle juice,” I said and Erin smiled brightly and started to open the cups.

“Where’s Brittany?” Erin asked.

“She’s in the shower, she came from work so she wanted to change,” I said and Erin nodded her head, I was sort of truthful. Brittany’s parents were giving her a hard time and I told her to take a nice warm bath to relax and come out when she was ready and refreshed.

“Foods here!” I heard and saw Colin and Drake walk into the condo with five boxes of pizza and four boxes of wings.

“Anna’s here!” I heard and laughed when I saw another friend follow them inside.

“Hey girlie!” I smiled and started to blend the drink a little before pouring it into cups.

“Haley,” I heard and saw Brittany walking over.

“Hey, better?” I asked and handed her a drink and she nodded her head.

“Uh, don’t kill me,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Uh, what did you do now, Britt?” Drake asked.

“I might have accidently invited Chet,” she said and my eyes widened, “Or he invited himself, I’m not quite sure what just happened.”

“No, fuckin’ way!” Erin yelled and I sighed and turned back towards the alcohol.

“Yeah, I’m gunna need the strong shit then.”

“Who’s Chet?” Tyler asked and I looked up towards his and Freddy’s confused faces.

“My ex.”