Status: hi im alive but i hope to update soon!

My Knight and Shining Hockey Gear

Work Day

Brooke

"Okay so we got an empty room down the hall. Last patient got transferred to a private room," I told Shelly, the head nurse.

"Right, so just finish up here until its time for their meds" she said.

I rubbed my face and then washed my hands quick as I grabbed the last chart. I headed over towards the room and went inside. The patient was a woman, early forties got bad injuries from a car accident and now slipped into a medcially induced coma until she needed surgery. I checked over everything and it was the same. I headed out of the room and back towards the nurses' station.

It's always the same routine here unless it got changed. I didn't think that I would get a job here at this hospital but I count my blessings the day I got the call saying I got the job. It could've been a whole different situation if that never happened. I'd applied to other hospitals and a few nursing care facilities but Lenox was the place I wanted to be at.

I grabbed some paperwork as I was heading back towards my spot in the nurses' station. I love the job don't get me wrong, but sometimes it can be a bit emotional depending on how bad the patient's situation is. As long as I help save lives the best I can, that all it matters in the end.

"Brooke, isn't your brother playing tonight?" Shelly asked.

"Yeah, I don't think the game doesn't start until seven," I replied.

"I see" she said. "Has there been any change?"

"Nope no change on her. When was she supposed to have the surgery?" I asked.

"It was supposed to be today but it got pushed back until 5am tomorrow a trauma came in before so I heard," she replied.

I nodded as I sat down. I sent a quick text to Chris wishing him luck today. I couldn't wait until the Stadium Series in a few weeks. I already got my tickets for that Sunday's game and the Wednesday game against the Isles. Our parents were coming down and they would be staying with me for Sunday's game.

-----

It wasn't until after 830 that night my cell phone started to ring. I saw it was Morgan calling me.

"How's it going?" I answered.

"Ugh don't even ask," she replied.

"That bad?"

"We're down 3-2 last period but honestly I don't know what's going on. We had a good practice today before we left," she said.

"Sometimes it doesn't work out. You never know that could change," I offered.

"Yeah, you're right. So how's the graveyard shift?"

"Quiet. Nothing out of the ordinary tonight," I replied. "You caught me filling out some charts."

"Damn sorry."

"Nah no worries. I needed a little break," I said.

"Okay good. Oh before the guys get back from the ice, I have something to tell you," she said in a singsong voice.

"Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get you that excited since I showed you the concert tickets," I said, getting up from my chair to put a few charts away.

"Someone asked about you."

"You know you could've said my brother or Stepan," I said.

"No i'm not talking about them. Brassard asked about you," she said.

"Who the hell is Brassard?" I asked.

"Derick Brassard," she replied simply.

"Doesn't ring a bell," I said.

"He plays forward. He wears the number 16. He's from the Blue Jackets that got him traded here with John and Dorsett." she said.

"It rings a bell," I said, still not getting it.

"The guy you almost fell over on your ass."

"You saw that?" I said in a shocked voice. I looked over and only saw two nurses giving me weird looks before going back to their work.

"Come on Brooke. I couldn't help but look over my shoulder and saw it happen. It was fate," she said.

I scoffed. Fate my ass. It was just an accident or at least; I think it is.

"You can believe that all you want. He probably wanted to apologize for bumping into me earlier." I said.

"I don't know," she said. "Shit I got to go, I could hear the team coming back."

"Yeah just text me later and whatever," I said.

We hung up after we said our goodbyes. I went down the hall and into the empty supply closet and let out a shaky breath.

Someone was interested in me. I haven't had that feeling in such a long time. I didn't even know how to feel. Maybe I was right. He could've been asking about me. Maybe he did want to apologize for almost tripping me or whatever. I wasn't so sure. I didn't know how to feel but I guess for now I could make the best out of this situation; if that I could call it.

Shaking those thoughts out of my head for the time being, I grabbed some supplies to stock up for later on in the evening. I checked on the patients that needed the most care whether it's been since they were admitted or out of surgery but needed to be kept a close eye on.

Whatever this feeling that's going on, I wasn't too sure if I would like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know not a lot but more will happen next chapter.

Also, lets say the Rangers played with the Devils twice in this scenario. I know it didn't happen in RL but lets say they did.

Thank you so much for the love! I'll try to update as soon as I can since I started school yesterday.