‹ Prequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Active!

Stranger

The Plan

Ever since Umbridge was granted the position of Hogwarts High Inquisitor, things had changed.

Every class I went to, I would be greeted by the toad and her girlish giggles. No lesson would pass by without disapproving headshakes or interruptions with irrelevant criticism on the Professor's actions. I was positive I wasn't the only one growing irritated and distracted by her often appearances in classes and the constant scribbling of pen on paper.

Apart from this, the wall outside of her classroom was now a wall covered with plaques hammered on by Filch so commonly .They were decrees - "mandatory" rules she had set and expected all to follow. Every stroll down the hallway you saw her, you could see her enforcing them. She would be seperating couples, tucking in boys' shirts properly, taking things she didn't like or things she believed were against her and the Ministry.

The Quibbler had been banned for supporting my brother and I. Weasley products had even gained their own decree which seemed to make Fred and George proud. Numerous prank items and magazines were being snatched daily.

None of the students or teachers were really enjoying themselves.

I walked out to the Entrance Hall where - not exactly uncommon now - people scurrried to catch a developing scene. This one seemed to be occurring in the courtyard. Most of the kids' expressions hardened the closer they got. I followed everyone, eyes widening at the amount of people crowding the area. I couldn't see clearly, but a peek of pink was visible on one side. I instantly knew this wouldn't be pretty.

I slowly pushed my way to ther front when Professor Trelawney came into view, trembling like a fragile flower. She was surrounded by trunks, her trunks. Umbridge showed no remorse - she kept an ugly smile on her face as she watched the woman burst into tears.

"This castle has been my home for m-many years. H-Hogwarts is my home," she winced, her jewelled hands shaking ever-so-slightly. Large and welled eyes could be seen through the round-rimmed glasses.

"I'm sorry, but the Ministry and I have agreed your teaching is not ensuring the success of young witches and wizards."

"B-But," Trelawney whimpered. "Y-You c-can't do t-this..."

My heart dropped at the heartbreak on the Divination Professor's face. The toad held up her Ministry-approved papers. "Actually I can."

She scanned the students. I was sure to snarl at her when her eyes met mine for a short second. She turned it back away when McGonagall ran towards the crying lady and hugged her. She eyed the Inquisitor with disgust.

"Is there something you'd like to say, Minerva?"

"Oh there are several things I would like to say," she snapped before frowning and mumbling pep talk to the Professor.

The doors swung open from the Entrance Hall, revealing Dumbledore's approaching figure. His stride showed grace but he carried a stern expression. He looked at Trelawney and ignored the nasty woman, walking to his two friends to comfort them.

After a seemingly long and silent moment, he spoke up. "Minerva, may I so kindly ask you to escort her back inside?"

Trelawney's watery eyes gleamed and she sniffled. "H-Headmaster, thank you..."

McGonagall glared at Dolores one last time before grabbing the Divination master's hand and leading her inside. The Headmaster turned to the Inquisitor who eyed him sourly.

"Might I ask what you think you're doing, Albus," she bitterly questioned.

"Dolores, it is inappropriate to dismiss a teacher with a crowd of students exhibiting -"

"Ahem."

He fell silent as she cleared her throat.

"Must I remind you that by Minister's orders and decrees I am allowed to sack teachers if necessary."

Fred leaned into my ear. "Then sack yourself, mate," he whispered.

I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent from laughing, still angrily staring at the scene in front of me.

"Yes, but however, you do not have the authority to banish them. That power remains for the Headmaster."

Umbridge falsely giggled and shook her head before walking away. I groaned in fury and frustration before stomping back inside. Rayne followed behind, bellowing threats.

"...does she think she is...go to hell...'sack Professors' my arse..."

"Someone's in a pissy mood," George jabbed.

I sat down in the Gryffindor table, slumping as my head fell in my hands. Rayne and the twins joined.

"Why did she have to come to this school," I complained. "Why not Durmstrang? The Ministry could stop the Dark Arts there. Or Beauxbatons - they're all bloody like her!"

"She's a nightmare dressed in pink," Fred added.

Harry bustled over to us in irritation, followed by Ron and Hermione. He grumbled. "Why is Dumbledore ignoring me?"

I frowned. "He might not have heard y-"

"I yelled for him just feet away from him - he has to have, Rose," he protested.

Hermione's lips curled downward. "You can't be sure, Harry."

"Yes, I can! He won't talk to me or even look at me."

Ron sighed. "Blimey, Harry. I think you're overexaggerating a bit."

"A bit," I mumbled.

My brother turned to Ron and stared for a moment but then his redheaded friend turned to face something else. I glanced up to where his attention was to see a handsome screech owl swooping down towards Ron.

"Isn't that Hermes," I asked.

"Bloody hell," he mumbled, sinking in his seat as Fred and George's brows furrowed as the envelope fell on their brother's lap. Surely enough, scribbled over the front was Percy's fancy handwriting.

Rayne narrowed her eyes at the paper. "What could that two-face want?

The twins snickered but quiet fell as Ron scanned over the letter. His eyes seemed to dialate in fury every passing sentence. When he was done, George reached over to read it but Ron tore it up.

"Stupid... brother... thinks... I'm... going... to... be... like... him... bloody... Ministry... kiss... up," he growled until the letter was absolutely shredded.

We stared blankly at Ron, unsure of what to say as he looked at the pieces of papers in his hands.

"Mate, if you needed to unleash all that anger, we could've brought Rose into the situation," Fred joked.

"But Freddy," George defended. "Rose would kick his arse!"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately I can't doubt that because she's done it before."

I smiled cheekily. Hermione turned to me.

"So, Rose, me and Ron talked to Harry about this yesterday, but we were thinking about starting a group."

"A group," I asked.

Harry nodded. "They want to start a group - more of a class. With me the teacher. A proper Defense Against the Dark Arts class."

I clapped my hands. "I think that's a great idea!"

He sighed. "You're not supposed to say that."

"Well, why not?"

"I'm not going to be a good teacher - plus everyone hates my guts."

"You're delusional," Rayne answered.

Hermione continued. "Well, the thing is, we need people to join. I was thinking maybe you could help us find people who'd want in - you know, people who wouldn't rat us out? You could help us actually teach the kids."

I nodded. "Of course. I'll find some people."

"We'll probably hold a meeting in Hogsmeade once we can figure out an isolated place to hold it, you know, to not be overheard," she explained.

"Seems great."

Rayne beamed. "I like this idea already!"

Harry put his hands up. "Okay, changing the topic. So, has Sirius written to you again apart from last time?"

I shook my head. "No. Why? Did something happen to him? I've heard the things the Ministry are claiming about him."

"He visited the common room last night, and he told me to tell you he's going to the Slytherin common room tonight at 1."

I sighed. "That's kind of relieving, finally being able to talk to him."

Rayne laughed. "Just make sure the toad doesn't hear you or else she'll send her pink demon pets through the fireplace."

Image

I paced around the common room and stared at the clock anxiously. All the Slytherins were asleep in the common rooms, far from earshot. I glanced at the fireplace and took a long pause to see the embers. Sirius' face wasn't there.

Tick, tock.

"Sirius, where the hell are you," I mumbled.

Tick, tock.

I grumbled. Had Harry gotten a date mixed up? Had Sirius fallen asleep and forgotten? I pinched the bridge of my nose and grabbed my wand, ready to trudge disappointedly back down the steps to the dormitory when the fire roared alive. I jumped and came face to face with Sirius.

"Sorry I took so long, Tonks has been giving me a headache - I think she suspects what I'm doing right now," he apologized with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and took a seat. "It's good to see you, too. And what do you mean 'suspect?' Do they not know you're talking to me or is your ego already so big you would feel better if you snuck around and acted as if seeing me was top secret?"

"Both," he said with a wink. The charm replaced itself with a warm smile and flickering eyes. "You look a lot better."

I shrugged. "I've still got my moments, but I think I'm getting better. I mean...I don't cry in my sleep anymore?"

"Do you think it was smart to tell me that," Sirius asked with a smirk.

I scoffed. "Stop joking around and for Merlin's sake tell me what you came for! If not I'm going to use Aguamenti on your firey ass."

He chuckled. "That's my girl."

We laughed for a moment before I changed the subject to the serious matter. "So, the Ministry's been a little rough on you, huh?"

He nodded. "It's okay, not like they'll find me. Plus, their evidence is about as solid as pumpkin juice. Voldemort is definitely on the move, he's striking and recruiting. But never mind that, it's not what we came to discuss."

"Then what's so important you decide to interrupt my sleep," I persisted. "I came back three bloody hours ago from a late night Astronomy lesson."

"Well, for starters, the dreams. Are you still having them?"

I had a hunch in my stomach lying wouldn't work unless my brother had lied as well. I bit my lip and decided not to answer - I had the feeling he already knew the answer.

"I was expecting you to deny it, you know. You have to tell Dumbledore about this, if anything he'll know best about what they mean."

"What if they're just stupid dreams, Sirius," I whined. "Everyone has nightmares. And it's not like I'm seeing Voldemort in my dreams...anymore. I just see that stupid door and...other things." I decided to leave out Cedric and me killing everything I touched.

Sirius groaned. "Stop being stubborn. Just talk to him. Or me. If anything, you have all of us."

I nodded. "I know."

"Now, about Umbridge. I can only imagine how things are - I've been reading the Prophet. Has she tortured you? Hurt you? Annoyed you?"

"She's definitely annoyed us all, I think even some of the Slytherins despise her," I added, laughing. "But she definitely tortured me - Harry probably told you all about that."

He nodded. "That's something else you need to tell him, she can't keep on."

"McGonagall faced her about it. She won't stop, even if I tell Dumbledore. She has the Ministry on her side, I don't want to involve him in this. Plus, he's got enough on his mind already."

He sighed. "Just make sure not to get detention again, then. Wow, words I never thought I'd say."

I mischievously smirked. "Oh my dear godfather, how oh how do you expect me to get out of detention being me, and having my friends?"

Sirius laughed. "You really are James' daughter."

I proudly grinned.

"Now, about Slytherin - how are they treating you?"

I shrugged. "Well, they still taunt me, but I think I've made myself pretty invisible in this House so I don't really get paid much attention to. The worst that's happened is Moreno becoming Head Girl and Malfoy becoming a prefect."

"Oh, damn," he muttered. "I still wish you the best of luck, trust me. They're horrible."

"You're telling me," I complained.

Suddenly, footsteps were treading down the girl's dormitory. My eyes widened. "Sirius," I hissed. "Someone's coming!"

"Bye, keep your Gryffindor friends close!"

With that, he disappeared.

"Astoria," a light voice called. "Is that you down there?"

I jumped onto the couch and naturally stared at the fire. I looked up to see Daphne Greengrass entering the common room. She locked eyes with mine and sighed, tugging on the bottom of her nightclothes.

"Oh, just you, Potter," she acknowledged. I smiled a bit fakely as I expected her to turn around, but the opposite happened as she walked over to the sofa and took a seat.

"I thought you were my sister, Tori," she explained. "Sometimes she'll sneak out here to read or daydream."

I merely shrugged. "We've all done that now and then."

"Is that what you're doing," she asked.

I didn't respond - just gazed into the fireplace and let my eyes bore the different colors and their brightness.

The silence seemed to make Daphne frown. "Potter, I think we got off on the wrong leg. I've been trying to befriend you this whole damn time and show you not all Slytherins are mean and you just seem to hate me."

I turned my head to her and blankly stared, a little baffled.

"I - I, er?"

"I'm not asking for you to stop hating me," she simply stated. "I'm just telling you. But then again, Potters are all pretty thick-skulled."

I slightly gasped. "We are not! I - We...okay, maybe a bit," I admitted with a frown.

She let out a laugh but was interrupted by another pair of running footsteps, this time from the boy's dorm. I watched as Blaise Zabini strolled down with a smirk as he eyed Daphne. "I thought I heard you, Daphne."

He walked over to the sofa and took the last seat available, closing the space between me and the Slytherins. I squirmed a little bit as he spoke.

"So, Greengrass and Potter, huh? You two besties forever now? Where's your friendship bracelets?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "We're not besties. We're just...talking.

Daphne grinned. "Where's yours and Draco's? You two probably have pillow fights up there that we don't bloody know about."

I snorted, trying to hold back a laugh.

He jokingly followed along. "I admit to having one, it's okay. We gossip about guys too - like, my God, have you seen Viktor Krum?"

I didn't know why this conversation suddenly seemed amusing. I turned to Blaise and clapped my hands. "Oh my God," I swooned. "He's so hot, with his biceps and all, he winked at me last year! Like, ugh!"

Daphne giggled. "I never thought you were a Krum girl."

"Well, I'm not like a huge and crazed fan, but he's an amazing player and good looking. But shh, he didn't have to know," I spat playfully.

Blaise grinned. "Look, she's making conversation! I told you that you'd warm up to the good part of us soon," he cooed.

I scoffed. "How do you know? I could be plotting murder in my head right now for all of you. This is just talk."

They both raised a brow and smirked.

I narrowed my eyes and groaned. "Stop staring at me like that! I still hate Slytherins."

A long awkward silence filled us and I fiddled my thumbs. Blaise was the first one to speak.

"Draco's probably got a bigger fan club that Viktor Krum," Zabini teased, chuckling at his joke.

Daphne laughed along with me. She clapped her hands as she spoke. "I swear! He has like, some group of admirers just ogling him. It's hilarious!"

"It's stupid," I corrected with a chuckle.

"It is stupid, I mean, when I'm right here," Blaise said, roaming his hands down his body. I covered my eyes and shook my head with a laugh.

"No! Stop! Don't do that!"

He laughed. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"

I giggled and uncovered my eyes. "Okay, chill. I'll confess I'm slightly warming up but don't make me throw you off the Tower!"

Daphne beamed. "So you and I can try again? To be good friends?"

I tried to make a serious face but it was hard to not crack a small smile. "Fine, fine. But I still have my eye...on both of you."

We laughed.

A thought came to my mind quickly about Harry. And about the group. I took a moment to consider my chances on bringing a Slytherin. The trio would probably hate me, but Blaise and Daphne seemed...different. Despite the fact they were friends with Malfoy, they were different. Both of them had an aura that made you feel enlightened instead of uneasy. Even they admitted to Malfoy's flaws - maybe they were off Umbridge too. Would the risk be worth it?

I weighed my options and the risks. My mind snapped as I came to a final decision. I looked up to Blaise and Daphne and smirked.

"Would you two be up to joining the start of a revolution against Umbridge?"
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS IM SO SORRY I HAD THE BIGGEST WRITERS BLOCK IN THE WORLD AND THEN WHEN I FINALLY FINISHED IT I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO UPDATE IT KILL ME.
But finally my two fave Slytherins are warming up to Rose! The Slytherin Trio woo! Make it a thing, haha!
Thanks to Lion Queen, celestial_royalty, and misfitchild for your comments!
POSTING NEXT CHAPTER <3 :)