I Do

I Remember I Need You

20

I watch from the couch as Tatum rushes do the door. No one is knocking or ringing the doorbell because hurts my head so I guess they text her. The house feels gloomy with the tension between us and the blinds are all closed keeping the bright light out.

“Oh mom thank god you’re here!” I hear Tatum say but I don’t see her mom. I see my mom. She called my mom?
“Oh sweet heart! I’m here now. We will work on this ok?” She tells Tatum and she nods. They both walk in and Erika is with her.
“Hey Patrick.” Erika says softly and comes over to give me a hug, followed by my mom.
“Mom, I’m gonna head out I have a doctor’s appointment for the baby.” Tatum says to MY mom and mom nods. I look at Tatum and her tiny forming baby bump.
“I want to go.” I say and they all look at me, well mom and Erika do. Tatum looks at mom with sad wide eyes and I can see her slightly shaking her head no.
“Patrick honey, I don’t think that’s best. Erika is going to go with her so she isn’t alone.” My mom tells me and then Erika sends me a small smile before walking out the door with Tatum.
“Mom what’s wrong with me? I love her. I can feel that so strongly in my heart when I see the pain on her face but my thoughts just won’t connect with my heart.”
“Honey, the doctor said it will all come back eventually. You just need to be patient and try hard. I know Tatum is trying her best…” She looks at me with those kind motherly eyes. “She loves you so much Patrick.”
.
.
“Mrs. Kane, everything looks perfect with the baby. You’re right about at three months and hopefully at your next appointment next month, if the baby is the right position, we will be able to see the sex of the baby.” The doctor shakes my hand and then leaves us alone.
“You ready to head home?” Erika ask and I shake my head and she nods.
“Do you want to go out for lunch? I know Lacy is free.” I tell her and he nods.
“Of course.” Erika says and I call Lacy and we get a table at our favorite local restaurant.
“So how is Patrick?” Lacy ask and I shrug.
“He still doesn’t remember me but he wanted to come to the appointment.”
“Maybe he is starting to remember things.” Lacy suggest but I shake my head.
“Tatum he does love you. I can see it.” Erika says and gives my arm a soft pat.
“It’s just so hard. I mean what if it doesn’t all come back? He can still play hockey. He just won’t remember me.”
“Tatum try to stay calm. The doctor says this happens more than we know it usually doesn’t take more than a few weeks, if that.”
“Yeah but some people don’t come back from it all!” I raise my voice and wipe my tears away. “Can we go home? I’m feeling tired.” I lie. I just didn’t want to be in public anymore.
We drive to the house Lacy head out, the boys have a game tonight but Patrick won’t be playing. I get home and walk past Patrick and Donna. I keep wiping my eyes and walk straight back into our bedroom. Bauer jumps onto the bed with me and I sit for a minute.
I know I need to find something to do for myself. Something to keep myself busy besides all this WAG stuff. I need something for myself. I feel like everything I do is for Patrick and now he doesn’t even know who I am. I hear a knock on the door and I stand up when I see its Patrick.
“Are you hungry? I make you something if you are.” I tell him and he shakes his head no.
“I’m not hungry I just… I feel like I miss you. I feel like I need you but I don’t know why.” Patrick says and he looks so sad. He lets a tear fall but quickly wipes it away.
“I think you just need your space. Maybe you’ll figure it all out.”
I know I shouldn’t be mad at him, it’s not his fault.
.
.
Patrick’s POV
I toss and turn and can’t sleep. It just doesn’t feel right but I can’t figure out what is wrong with me. Finally it hits me. I crawl out of the bed and make my way towards the master bedroom. I see Tatum sleeping in the giant bed alone and it clicks. I climb into the bed and under the covers and pull Tatum into me and wrap my arms around her.
“Patrick?”
“I don’t remember everything. But I remember I need you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?!?!?

BTW I want to say thank you to those of you who keep commenting! It really does help me!