I Do

Fried Pickles

Tatum’s POV
I wake up and feel arms around me. I don’t move. I want to feel safe in his arms for just a moment longer before he wakes up and realizes he doesn’t know. I don’t think I could face that again. It hurts too much to see the lost look on his face when he looks at me.
“You awake?” He ask me and I nod. I still don’t move. “You’re birthday is August 7th. You want at least three kids and you want to drive a Tahoe when our family gets too big. I love you Tater Bater.” He says into my ear and I turn around quickly throwing my arms around him and I start crying into shoulder. “Shhh, I’m here Tate and I remember. I’m so sorry. I love you so much.” I try to stop crying but it’s all these emotions and they just come out. He sits up and pulls me into his lap. He moves my long blonde hair out of my face and kisses me. He kisses me soft and then hard, like he can’t get enough. I touch his chest, his shoulders, his face. I just want to touch him. His hands explore my body and soon enough I’m on my back and he is on top of me, kissing every inch of my skin. “I love you Tatum. I love you so much.”
“I love you Patrick. More than anything.”
.
.
“This is such bullshit!” Patrick yells in the doctor’s office after the doctor leaves.
“Pat, the doctor knows best. I know you want to play but you need to finish healing.”
“Babe! I love you! You know I do. But He just told me I’m going to miss the first round of play offs for sure and we don’t even know about the second yet. I’m going to be a little pissed off.” He tells me with a bit of an attitude but I can’t even really be mad. I had my Patrick back, well sort of, not being able to play was really pissing him off and we were already about to have to second game in the first round. It was tomorrow here in Chicago and then they go to Minnesota. Patrick won’t be making the trip. “I’m sorry.” He says and takes my hand in his. “I’m sorry I just… Hockey is who I am and I need to be out there with my team.”
“You also need to heal so you can play longer in the long run.” I tell him and he gives me a small smile before standing up and placing a simple kiss on my lips.
“What do you want for lunch?” He ask as we walk out of the office and get in the Rover. I’m driving of course.
“I’m really crazing fried pickles.” I tell him and he raises an eye brow but smiles. “Yeah, fried pickles sound so good with like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.” I tell him and he pretends to gag.
“Good god baby. I swear these food cravings are off the wall. Wait till Brent hears about this one.”
“What do you mean?” I ask him a little bit confused.
“You and Dayna have weird ass pregnancy symptoms and it gets talked about babe.” He says and gives my hand a squeeze.
“Oh whatever!” I stick out my tongue and he does it back.
.
.
“How is he doing?” Donna ask.
“He is great. I mean he is a little pissed off about missing the first round of playoffs but his symptoms are fading and he excited about the baby.”
“Well of course he is! Patrick is going to make an amazing father.”
“Yeah he really wants to know the sex of the baby but we still have a little bit of time for that.”
“What do you want sweet heart?” She ask me and I shrug even though she can’t see me.
“I don’t know. I think a boy. But as long as the baby is healthy I’ll be happy.”
“Spoken like a true mother.” She says with a small laugh. “Well honey I will let you go. Pat just got home and I need to start dinner. Love you and give Patrick my love.”
“Will do. We love you too.” I say and hang up.
“Was that mom?” Patrick ask as he walks in the front door from taking Bauer on a walk.
“Yup. She said to give you her love.”
“I’m glad you get along so well with them.”
“Yeah so am I.” I say and give him a simple kiss as he reaches me. “Babe go shower. You stink.”
“Fine! I’m trying to stay busy anyways.” We were going to watch the game with Lacy and he wanted to keep his mind busy till then. Lacy and I decided that for round two we would be going to all the games together, home or away.
“Do you need company?” I ask as he starts walking up the stairs. He turns around to look at me with a wide grin.
“I always need your company.” He says and holds out a hand for me. I run to catch up to him and take his hand, letting him lead the way.
.
.
Patrick’s POV.
“Oh my god did you see that!” I yell as Jonathan gets a goal and the girls cheer.
“That’s my boy!” Lacy yells.
“No that’s my boy!” I pretend to argue with her and she sticks out her tongue.
“Don’t make me fight you for him!” Lacy jokes and Tatum laughs.
“Bring it on Blondie!”
“Alright you two! Enough!” Tatum pretends to scold us but she can’t keep a serious face. The boys win the game 5-2 and Lacy hangs out for a little bit before heading home and soon enough it’s just me and Tatum.
“Have you thought about names?” I ask her and she smiles.
“Of course I have.”
“Well what are they?”
“I like the names Braxton, Colton, or Keaton. I think they’re all cute. And for girls I like Hadley, Harper, or Kadence.”
“I like all of those babe.”
“I guess we are going to have a hard decision to make.” She tells me and then kisses me.
“Well since we are going to have so many kids we can just line them up from most favorite to least and go in order.” I tell her and we both laugh.
“Oh my god Patrick! You’re such a dork.”
♠ ♠ ♠
THOUGHTS?
btw I got nine comments on the last chapter! that's awesome! thank you guys so much! please keep giving me your thoughts!