I Do

It Has It's Perks

I was more excited for Patrick to get home than I thought I would be. I had a great week with the girls but I was ready for my husband to be home. He should be home any minute so I prepared a pot roast, potatoes, and vegetables. The apartment was smelling wonderful and my stomach was rumbling. I hear the lock on the door click and I smile when he walked in with a smile on his face.
“Hey beautiful.” He says and drops his bag before pulling me into a big hug and giving me a sweet kiss with his hands on either side of my face. He pulls away with wide happy eyes. “Is that food I smell?”
“It sure is.” I tell him and he smiles, I follow him into the kitchen.
“Oh Tate, how did I get so lucky?” He ask with a small laugh and I shrug, going to pull out two plates.
“You got overly drunk one night. It wasn’t luck.” I tell him and stick my tongue out to tease him.
“Eh… best drunk night of my life.” He jokes back and kisses me quickly before grabbing two glasses of water and setting them at our places on the table. I get our plates and we take our seats. “Oh wow… this is amazing.” He says after his first bight and I can’t help but smile. “So tell me about your week?”
“Well it was actually enjoyable.”

Patrick POV

She is an amazing cook. That much I’m sure of. And I know my feelings for her are growing because when I walked through the door all I wanted to do was kiss her.
“The wives kept me really busy but we got a lot of work done for the charity event. Most of the girlfriends where not there, but I’m not complaining. Being the wife of Patrick Kane seems to have its perks in this town. Lacy loved that we didn’t have to wait for a table on a Friday night.” She says with a laugh and I admire the sound. It’s been two weeks and I know we are already married, which is good because I would probably find some way to fuck it all up if we weren’t, but I may just be falling for my wife. I grab her hand on the table and give it a tight squeeze.
“See, it has its perks.” I tease her. We finish up dinner and load the dish washer together. Then I grab her hand and lead her to the couch. I pull her under my arm and she snuggles against me.
“You know what I just thought of?” She ask.
“What?” I question as I turn the TV onto a movie channel.
“We don’t know any of the important things that married couples are supposed to know.”
“Like what?” I ask, becoming interested.
“We don’t know each other’s birthday.”
“November 19th.”
“August 7th.”
“How many kids do you want?” I ask, making her blush.
“Uhm.. At least 3.” She says with a beautiful shy smile, “No… more. I don’t know, I want a big family but at least three.”
“I want at least four.” I tell her and she looks at me shocked but happy. “What?”
“I just never would have guessed you would want a big family.”
“Oh whatever!”
“Ok so, if you want four kids what are you going to drive? A minni van?” She ask with a laugh.
“Hell no! I’ll keep my car and you’ll drive an escalade.”
“Tahoe.” She bargains and I nod.
“Deal.”
We become silent for a few minutes.
“Ok what about a house? We would need a house. Not an apartment. Houses are better for all the kids.” I tell her and feel her stiffen. She sits up and pulls away from me.
“We shouldn’t be talking about all this.” She says and wipes her eyes.
“Tate what’s wrong?” I ask, standing up with her.
“Patrick who are we kidding… I’m only here for the short run remember? Why are we talking like… like…”
“Like we are married?” I ask and she nods. “Because we are Tate! I really like you and maybe it’s not just the short run! Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is how it’s supposed to be. I don’t know.”
“I’m sorry it’s just… A lot.”
“I have an idea. Let’s just act like we are married. I mean we are but, can we stop worrying about the technicalities of it? Can we just go with it?” I ask her with pleading eyes and she smiles up at me.
“Ok. I’m sorry.” She says and then she kisses me. “Then can we go to bed please?” She ask me with a flirtatious smile and I can’t help but laugh.
“Yes my wifey. Lead the way.”
Tatum’s POV
We get to the bed room and I pull the shirt over my head. I feel Patrick’s eyes on me as I slip out of jeans and they hit the floor.
“You are so beautiful.” He says and makes his way over to kiss me again. We seem to kiss a lot but I’m not complaining. He pulls his shirt off and his jeans so he is just in his boxers. I go to his closet and pull out a shirt. I pull it on and then take my bra off. I crawl under the sheets and Patrick pulls me up close to him and wraps me into my arms. “Good night Tater Bater.”
“Good night Patty Cake.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those who have been leaving comments:)