Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

27

"Where are you going?" Jaime asked me as I was slipping my shoes on.

"I'm going to return all of the stuff that Danny gave me." I said. I looked in the bag to make sure I had everything, but immediately regretted it when i saw the sweater that he always let me use. I blinked away the tears in my eyes. "I hate seeing it and being reminded of him."

"He might come around, nix." He reasoned.

"It's been two months since he even came to the bakery to try to talk to me, jay" I said and I stood up and grabbed the plastic bag. "I'll be back soon."

Before he could say anything else, I slipped my jacket on as I walked out and close the door.
-
I hesitated when I got to the door. Did I really want to see him right now? What if he was with that guy again? Maybe I should just ring the door bell and leave the bag at the door... No that would be pathetic.

I took a deep breath before firmly knocking on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened and a surprised Danny appeared.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, still surprised. I was about to answer when I saw that guy that he slept with poke his head round the corner of the kitchen. My eyes were getting blury so I tossed the bag at him, which he caught against his stomach, and walked away.

He didn't even call after me like I thought he would or what he would have done if he still loved me. I quickly walked down the hallway and to the elevator and feverishly hit the down button.

When it opened I was surprised to see Ryan in the elevator. I hesitated before stepping in.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you here?" He asked.

"I came to give my ex's stuff back that he gave me, the guy that he slept with was also there." I choked out, trying my hardest not to cry.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he said "can I help you at all? Do you want to come over for some tea or something?" I shook my head.

"Thank you but im going to have to pass" I said "I kind of just want to go home and take a hot bath and a nap."

He nodded "that's fair, I'll walk you to your car."

"You don't have to."

"I want to." I didn't argue after that, there would be no point in doing so.
-
"How'd it go?" Jaime asked as I walked into the apartment.

"Fine I guess, I'm going to take a bath." I said in a monotone voice. I didn't even look at him or take my shoes or jacket off. I went straight to the bathroom and shut the door.

-
Sat in the bath tub for god knows how long before knocking came at the door.

"What." I just stared at my knees that were sticking out of the water.

"Nix, I'm going to work now" Jamie's voice came "I'm closing so I won't be home until late tonight."

"Kay." I replied. I heard him sigh before his footsteps faded in the distance.

I sat in the tub for about an hour longer, the cold water that I didn't even notice was cold forced me out. I looked at my hands and feet and noticed that they were incredibly pruney and pale.
-
By the time Jaime got home it was 11:00. I was still up and watching tv in the small living room.

"You're still up?" He asked, surprised, when he came in.

"I'm still up..." I said softly. He sighed and roughly sat down next to me and looked at me.

"Stop being so depressed! I understand that you love Danny and you're upset that everything that has happened happened, but you continueing to be in a bad and depressed mood won't make anything better and it's only going to effect you and other people around you."

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Stop saying sorry! You need to cheer up! Come some of my co-workers and I are going bar hopping, come with us!" He said "it'll be fun!" I sighed.

"Okay." Maybe he's right, maybe I should face the facts and focus on having fun and getting back on my feet.
♠ ♠ ♠
IM SORRY! SORRY FOR THE SHORT SHITTY CHAPTER, SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN A LONG LONG LONG TIME!! THANK YOU FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL