Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

3

This project is going to be the death of me. The client is constantly changing the design and the builders are literally children. They work for a few hours and get half of what they should be doing done and then take super long lunch breaks or they go home early. Only half of the workers actually work hard and get work done. Its been a month since the project started and we only have a skeleton of a building.

I got out of mt car at the build site to see only a few of the workers. I looked down at my watch, 6:00 am. They should all be here by now. I groan and walk up to the men that are actually working. "where is everyone?" i asked, raising my arms and then letting them fall to my sides with a thud. They shrugged their shoulders.

"We got here about 15 minutes ago and no body was here and we thought that they would show, but..." He trailed off. I nodded and sighed.

"well, ill help you guys" I stripped off my blazer and put it in the car "No sense in pouting about it. we'll just have to wait for them. ill let you guys go home early today, you're pretty much the only guys working lately." They smiled and nodded.

Over the time span of about an hour and a half, all of the workers should up. I gathered up in the yard to talk to them.

"What time are you supposed to get here?" I asked.

"6:00" i heard one of them mumble. I nodded.

"Right, well its 7:45 right now." I said "your are all late except for the 9 guys that were here on time. You need to be on time!" I shouted "Most of you are slacking off and doing nothing! this project already has me stressed out and your laziness and failure to work is making it that much stressful! no slacking off and be hear on time. There will be consequences if this kind of work continues."

They just stood there silently when i finished talking. "Start building!" I shouted. They grumbled and walked away to their stations and started working. I huffed and for the rest of the day, walked around the site and inspected the progress.

At around 5:30 i went up to the group of men that were at the site on time and let them know that they were free to go. they thanked me and finished up what they were doing before packing their things and leaving.

A worker walked up to me with a furrowed brow. "Why do they get to leave early?!" He gestured to the group of men getting into their cars.

"Because, THEY were on time and already working by the time i got here." I said "Get back to work, please." He huffed and rolled his eyes before turning around and walking back to his station.

It was about 7:30 before the goal for today was met. "Go home!" I shouted at the mob of men in front of me "good work today, be on time tomorrow!" They dispersed and soon i was alone. Looking at the skeleton of a mansion. I sighed and patted john's shoulder to tell him to follow me to the car.

"Lets go home." I sighed. He nodded and walked beside me.

When i opened the door to the flat, the blissful smell of peanut butter cookies smacked me in the face. I inhaled the sweet sent and then exhaled before slipping my shoes off. I walked into the kitchen and there was my perfect fiance rolling balls of dough in between in palms. Next to him was a metal cooling rack that had cookies piles on it. I wrapped my arms around him and he gasped and jolted. He looked over his shoulder to see who it was and sighed in relief upon seeing that it was me.

"God i hate it when you do that.' He breathed out. I chuckled and reached over to grab a cookie.

"Whats the occasion?" I asked, chewing on my first bite of the cookie.

"No reason" He place a dough ball on the metal tray and then pressed a fork into it and sprinkled sugar on it. "i just felt like making cookies, i guessed that your day was long and hard and mine was too and cookies just make everything better."

"Mm, well thank you so very much for the treat." He turned in my arms and smiled.

"You are very welcome." I smiled and leaned down to kiss him. He tasted so fucking good. Sugar and vanilla and peanut butter.

"i love you." I said. He looked up at me and smiled wide. I took the cookie in one bite and cupped his face in my hands. He laughed at me as i tried to eat the huge cookie that i just shoved in my mouth.

"You're going to choke someday." He giggled. I swallowed and he laughed harder at the pained face i made when a piece of un-chewed cookie scrapped down my throat. "ow" i said under my breath as i blinked the blurriness in my eyes away.

He kissed my throat and then kissed my lips. "aww, Is my poor baby okay?" He teased.

"I dont know, it hurt a lot. I think i need special care." He just smirked at me and him grabbed a cookie and put it in front of me.

"here's you're special care." I chuckled and took it and bite into. I ate my dinner at the island counter and watched him work around the kitchen. By the time i finished eating he had made the rest of the cookies and the tray was in the oven.

I got up and gathered all of the dirty dishes and was prepared to wash them, but nixon stopped me by shoving me away from the sink. "I've got this baby" He said "You had a hard day today, go take a shower and relax."

"Are you sure? i can easily do it."

"Yes im sure. Go" He insisted. I kissed his and then left the kitchen to go take a shower.

When i got out, the kitchen was all clean and nixon was laying on the couch, cuddled with both of the cats. Tux was laying in the curve of nixons stomach and the other was by his knees. Nixon was using his arm for a pillow and calm breaths were leaving his parted lips.

His short hair was messy and his eye lids twitched every few seconds. I chuckled and walked over to the couch so i was standing in front of him. I carefully moved the cats to the chair and then scooped nixon up in my arms.

"Wha?" he moaned at the sudden movement.

"Shhh. its just me baby, im taking you to the bedroom." He furrowed his brow and smacked his lips tiredly. His arms slowly came up to wrap around my neck and he rested his head against my chest. I carefully entered the hallway and made sure not to bump him into the wall.

I laid him down on the bed and since we were both in our pajamas, i just crawled in bed with him and pulled him into me. He breathed sharply and turned his head in the direction of the dresser across the room. "Gi meh a goo ni kiss." He mumbled. I chuckled, he was so tired he didnt even know where i was.

I pulled his chin to face me and gave him a kiss. For a second he didnt respond, but soon he gave me a feather light kiss and let him head drop onto the pillow. I chuckled again and nuzzled my nose in the back of his neck and inhaled the sent of his coconut shampoo and conditioner and soon fell asleep.