Sequel: Scattered
Status: Completed

Forgetting You, But Not the Time

Haushinka

WARNING: Sexual content towards the end of the chapter. If you don't like reading anything sexual-related, then go straight to the bottom where the author's note is located and read a clean version of what happened.

Eleven packs of Poprocks, seven cans of Coke, five complaints from parents, four profanities from Kristen, two oddly formed pretzels and a homerun later...

"I'm bored." The unmistakable bland tone of John's voice rang through my ears as the six of us walked down the sidewalk of Concord near the parking garage for Sunvalley Mall. It was nearly nine o'clock and ever since the game had come to a successful end—Mike and John's team coming out victoriously where we continually laughed at the losing team on our way out, which seemed to desperately tick them off—we ended up wandering onto the streets of Concord.

The weather for this part of town chilled me, considering the breeze that so suddenly appeared; most likely just to piss me off. I tugged at my jacket occasionally, wandering why I didn't think of wearing a bigger jacket. Carly seemed rather cold as well and once she had complained about it, Mike had done nothing but wrapped his arm around her. That definitely shut her up... and warmed her up, but that's just stating the obvious.

Kristen seemed rather comfortable being wrapped up in Billie's embrace, for she was only wearing a black leather miniskirt, a pink tank top and yellow high heels. Yes, you heard me, yellow high heels. She looked like a whore, no doubt about it. Or maybe even a hooker. A hooker who still looked a little too slutty for her own good (You: Is that even possible? Me: With Kristen, yes, it is.) And with Billie's arm wrapped around her carelessly, it gave the impression that she was his whore for the time being and that he was definitely paying her well.

I scowled at the image that had so rudely shoved itself into my brain and tried ignoring it. Though, a sense pulling at the pit of my stomach suggested Billie to be of that type of nature; doing massive amounts of drinking and multiple other illegal festivities, then taking a woman to his apartment to shag her senseless, though not even knowing her name in the first place and then waking up the next morning with a nasty hangover and cursing himself for doing what he did upon noticing the body of the girl he couldn't even remember meeting... and then doing it again the next night only because he felt sorry for himself.

At least, that's the vibe I had recently gotten from his sudden mood swing towards Kristen.

So, as I was saying, I was freezing. And according to who I was walking with, the only other option I had of easing myself from the cold was to snuggle with John... which, wasn't exactly on my list of things to do for that particular evening.

"Did I say I was bored?" John questioned, almost as if he had actually forgotten if he had or not. I sighed heavily.

"You might've mentioned it once or twice." Carly commented airily.

"Oh, look!" John suddenly shouted, breaking the silence that had filled the air between us and obviously not noticing—or choosing to ignore—Carly's tone of voice. He pointed towards the other side of the street, a gleam in his eyes. "A Little Caesars Pizza! Jesus Christ, I'm starving! Let's go!" (Me: Is it just me or have I written John's personality to where he acts an awful lot like Tre would? o.O)

"Pizza!" screamed Mike, rather proud of John for finding the little restaurant. Kristen looked disgusted at the mere thought of the pizza; either because she was on the South Bitch Diet (Me: *snorts* You know, RV? Get it? Bah. You: Shut up.) or because she couldn't picture herself ruining her near perfect high heels on the dirty floors of that place. Either way, she was going to have to suffer through and tag along with us. For me, watching her tormented to such measures was like Christmas in August (Me: Yes, the month is August. August 21, 1990 if you want an exact date. Sorry, I forgot to mention it! And, yes, I know their first CD should be released that year, but give it some time and just trust me.).

We followed John inside where he immediately began scanning the menu for what he wanted. Not that there was a big selection.

"What can I get for you?" a girl asked at the cash register. Her name tag read "Anna".

"Uh, I'll take..." John looked as though he were thinking for a moment before he spoke up. "I'll have one medium pizza with pineapple, bacon, pepperoni, anchovies, tomatoes—oh, hell, give me a medium with everything and a Coke." He said, leaning up against the counter. I gaped at him. Everything? I didn't think that was humanly possible! And how he managed to look as slim as he did was beyond me.

"Yeah, I'll have a small cheese pizza and a Pepsi." Mike politely said to Anna who still seemed quite dumbstruck with John's order. Carly simply ordered a water bottle, I ordered a small cheese pizza as well with a Coca Cola and Billie ordered nothing, most likely to please Kristen; according to the satisfied smirk she held on our way to sit down.

Carly sat down on one side of the booth while Mike sat in front of her, I slid in beside Carly and Billie took a seat next to me. John sat beside Mike and Kristen tried squeezing in next to Billie; cramming Carly to the wall and squishing me in the middle.

"Kristen, Kristen, take the other side of the damn booth!" Carly complained, pushing me which pushed Billie which in response made Kristen fall out of the booth. Carly and I suppressed a laugh as she quickly stood from the ground, brushing herself off like nothing happened. Billie looked downright embarrassed, which made me feel a little sorry for him. Keywords being "a little".

"Come on Billie, let's sit somewhere else!" Kristen complained. Billie didn't budge.

"Kris, it won't kill you to sit in front of me." Billie exasperatedly replied. Kristen seemed taken aback by that comment, but obliged, much to her dismay and my undying pleasure.

"Kiffmeyer!" Anna called. John pushed by Kristen, going over her lap in the process to get out of the booth and sprinted over to the counter to get his order. I, once again, tried to stifle a laugh that was trying to escape as Kristen made a face at her lap, almost like she couldn't believe he actually touched her.

Once everyone got their orders, things seemed to settle down for the time being. I got into a conversation with Carly about The White Stripes, comparing them to ZZ Top (Yes, I thought it was a rather strange comparison as well) while Mike, Billie and John got into a heated discussion over Sweet Children, or something along the lines of that. I had no clue what they meant by that, but I didn't bother listening in on their business.

And Kristen... well, Kristen looked downright bored. Apparently, no one wanted to engage in a civil conversation with her. I didn't blame them.

"Well, Billie, I've had a great time, but I think we should go." Kristen snottily said, standing up from her spot in the booth, making sure to put enough emphasis on "we"; meaning her and Billie. I grimaced. Billie seemed reluctant to agree, but did so with a forced smile.

"I guess the woman said it all." said Billie, getting up from his seat as well. He squeezed my arm and murmured, "Glad you could come with us. Maybe we could hang out again soon?" Before I could respond, Kristen pulled him towards her and hooked arms with him, almost literally dragging the poor guy out the restaurant. He waved to everyone before slipping his arm around Kristen's waist.

If only I knew what they had in mind.

"How much do you wanna bet Billie gets laid in the next ten minutes?" Mike suddenly asked, finishing up on his pizza. I glared at him.

"I'm betting the next five minutes." Challenged John. Mike looked over at him with raised eyebrows.

"Alright, you're on, Kiffmeyer." Said Mike before the two boys shook hands. Carly leaned in towards me and whispered,

"As much as I despise Kristen and keep thinking she doesn't stand a chance with Billie, I'm betting it'll be within the next two hours." All I did was frown. I couldn't decipher any response to what the three of them had said. But, as all eyes directed to me, I had no choice but to reply.

"I'm with Carly." I said, trying to seem unaffected by the chosen conversation topic. Mike looked at Carly with a curious raised eyebrow.

"The next two hours or so." She answered his unasked question. Mike nodded and the rest of us shook hands. I had no idea why I got myself involved. I didn't even know what we were betting on for who won and who didn't. Well, either way, this would help spice up my night.

I felt my phone vibrating in the front pocket of my jeans. Other than nearly jumping ten feet out of the booth from surprise, I gracefully took the phone out and answered it. The spiciness of the night would have to wait.

"Hello?" I asked as Carly and the guys got themselves in a new conversation; arguing over Mountain Dew and Syrup. Why? I honestly didn't want to know.

"Honey, where are you?" I sighed with relief, thinking for a moment that it was going to be Reese calling to have a cow.

"I'm out with a few friends, dad. We went to a baseball game. We're just eating pizza right now." I said, hoping he would understand and not attempt to go kamikaze on me.

"Oh, alright then. Well, your step-mother will be home in about an hour. So, if I were you, I'd start heading home in about fifteen minutes and beat her here. But, hey, that's only my advice." Dad suggested. I cursed under my breath. Reese would probably shoot me in the head and burry me in the backyard if I wasn't home when she got there.

"Yeah, you're right. Okay, I'll be home in just a little bit." I said. We exchanged our goodbyes before I hung up the phone. "Guys," I said, getting everyone's attention. "I need to head home. If I'm not there by the time Reese gets there... I'm as good as dead." I told them.

"We should be going anyways." Mike said. The four of us stood from the booth and headed out (Me: You paid for your food right after you ordered it, if you didn't know.).

"Dude, do you think Black Sabba—" John cut his sentence short upon walking into the parking lot of the school. We had to walk about three blocks down the road, but once we arrived at the parking lot where we parked for the game, our hopes of relaxing were shot down into the cement.

There was no sign of Billie's car. Anywhere. The parking lot was rather bare. It was depressing, actually. Carly and I exchanged knowing looks before slapping ourselves.

"Billie left early! He obviously took the car!" Carly said, feeling stupid that she didn't think of it before. No one even managed to strike the thought of Billie taking the car. In all honesty, they expected him to check into the motel next door. Well, I didn't—or, at least, I was hoping he wouldn't—but let's pretend I was thinking along the same lines as they were.

"FUCK!" Mike took off for the sidewalk. "Well, come on, we've got a long walk ahead of us!"

Multiple groans and protests were heard between John, Carly and myself. But, we had no choice but to follow.

[Billie's POV]

I was an idiot. I was beyond an idiot. I left my friends to be alone with the one girl I once despised most. But, for some reason, none of that mattered. As much as I wanted to stay with Mike, John and Carly... and, more importantly, Spencer... I had to go with Kristen. I just had to. And, right now, I was quite proud of myself for choosing her. I needed this. I needed this like I needed oxygen; possibly more. It surprised me how needy I was at that moment, but I craved passion. I craved bliss. This wasn't exactly bliss, but it was passion. Burning passion.

Kristen laid on top of me, straddling my waist in a rather attractive way that I had to hold back the urge to simply jump her right then and there. I felt her hands running through my hair and I suppressed a groan that rested in the back of my throat. She brought her lips to mine, deepening the passion we had thrown ourselves into the moment we reached my house.

I ran my hands eagerly down her sides, massaging her hips and pressing them forcefully against my own. She gasped above me and pulled at my hair seductively and I couldn't help but moan at her touch. It wasn't exactly the touch two lovers would experience with each other; this was just a moment in time where we both longed for ecstasy; a thrill of some sort that needed to be expressed.

I smoothed my hands under her shirt, running them up her back and bringing her tank with them. Without hesitance I discarded her shirt to the floor. Her lips traced down my jaw line and rested on my neck where she planted aggressive kisses. No longer able to be the inferior one between us, I pushed her over to the other side of the bed and took full control over her body; climbing on top of her and claiming her as my own.

Kristen dug her fingers into my shoulders, leaving indents in my shirt in the process. I brought my lips back up to hers, pressing a rough kiss against them, slipping my tongue into her mouth without permission; not that I needed it. She wanted this as much as I did. Within seconds, she pulled my shirt off my back and threw it across the room and onto the lamp in the far side of the room. The room heated with pure desire as my hands roamed all over her body.

She had a magnificent body. It was full, almost fake, but exactly what I liked. And her black lacy bra was only turning me on more than before. My hands went lower down her body and lingered over her skirt where I managed to unbutton the front. I began to pull it down, not breaking our lips apart and she managed to kick it off the rest of the way.

I kissed all the way down her neck, across her chest and down to her stomach. I brought my lips back up to hers one last time before she began unbuttoning my jeans. She rolled over on top of me and threw my jeans carelessly to the floor. I wrapped my arms around her, fumbling with the clips on her bra as she sucked on my earlobe.

Just as I was about to unclip it, an image flashed across my mind. But, not just any image; an image of someone I did not want to think about. After all, I hadn't known said person for more than a day. But, once the unmistakable image of Spencer plagued my brain, I stopped everything I was doing. Wait, what the hell was I doing? I was being an ass, that's what I was doing. I invited Spencer to come with us, knowing very well that Kristen was going to be there, yet I didn't mention a word to Spencer of the chick, and I completely ditched her. I ditched everyone so I could satisfy my needs for sex. Just sex. I chose sex over my friends. Now if that wasn't low, I didn't know what was.

Usually, I would've continued on with this rather passionate moment. But, as I saw Spencer smiling back at me, completely replacing Kristen's confused, yet enraged one, I knew what I was doing was wrong. I didn't really want Kristen. I wanted what Kristen could offer. Which, if I thought about it, wasn't that much.

Without thinking, I pushed Kristen off of me, not caring that she was only in her bra and thong. Yes, thong. I cringed at the sight of her. What the fuck was wrong with me?!

"What the hell, Billie?!" Kristen yelled, sitting up on my bed, red in the face with her arms crossed. Yes, what the hell, Armstrong? I asked myself. I didn't really know. But I knew one thing was for sure... I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to finish what I started. It was all one big mistake.

And the car. I drove the car home. I completely left them in Concord at 9:30 in the evening, leaving them no choice but to walk home in the cold.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." I muttered over and over again as I picked my shirt off the lamp and threw my pants on. Avoiding Kristen's gaze, I started heading out the door. "I'm sorry, Kristen... I'm sorry, but I can't. I just can't." I raced out the room, only hearing Kristen's comment,

"God damnit, Billie!" and her shuffling feet before running out the door and jumping in the car. I am so screwed. Jesus fucking Christ, I'm such an idiot!

Preview for Chapter Six:
"Hey." He said casually. I looked around frantically, trying to figure out why in God's name he was there.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I echoed my previous thoughts.

"Uh... I came to see you?" Billie somewhat asked, as if afraid that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

"I can see that! But you didn't have to climb up the drainpipe to do so!" I protested incredulously.
♠ ♠ ♠
written 2/17/08
posted 5/17/08