Sequel: Scattered
Status: Completed

Forgetting You, But Not the Time

Wanna Make People Stare

I watched as we pulled into the rather large parking lot that was located just outside of Six Flags. Considering it was in the bay area, it was fairly popular; meaning it was packed. I watched families scramble out of their cars, applying their sunscreen and grabbing their bags full of water bottles and such. There were multiple groups of teenagers piling to the entrance as well. Apparently we weren't the only ones ditching a day of school for a day of fun.

The five of us jumped out of Billie's car and gathered near the hood of it, making sure we had everything squared away before we walked to the entrance.

"You got the tickets?" John asked Billie, afraid that they could've easily slipped out of his back pocket... while sitting on them in the car.

Billie nodded. "Yeah, I've got them... right here." He said, taking them out of his back pocket where they had been all morning.

"Everyone got cash?" asked Carly. Everyone nodded.

"Anyone have sunscreen?" I asked. Billie raised his eyebrows at me like I was an idiot. What did I do?

"Why would you need sunscreen?"

"Because my skin burns easily and trust me, it's not too comfortable." I stated. Mike shook his head.

"We don't have any sunscreen. Sorry." He said, smiling slightly. I shrugged.

"Okay, I guess I'll live." I sighed.

"Alright, let's get started!" John said. We laughed and ran for the entrance, trying to see who could get there first. Billie handed us our tickets (how he had so many, I would never know) and we gave them to security at the entrance. They let us in and Billie immediately went crazy.

"Let's get some ice cream!" He shouted.

"Or cotton candy!" Mike suggested.

"Or both!" said John. Carly and I laughed and couldn't help but agree. The boys seemed more excited to be there than we were. Although, I had to admit that if dad and Reese were to find out about this little adventure of mine, it'd be worth it. Anyone dreams of skipping school for a day to go to the best amusement park in the bay area. We walked over to a stand where they were selling all different colors of fluffy cotton candy, John first in line. He bought two large pink bags of it while Billie and Mike got one blue bag. I got myself a pink one and Carly got one blue one and one pink one.

"This beats school..." Mike began, swallowing his bite.

"By a long shot." Carly finished for him.

"I second that." said Billie before stuffing his face with the cotton candy. I laughed at him and brushed off a few pieces of cotton candy that lingered over his face. He swatted my hand away, claiming that I was treating him like a child. I only laughed harder.

"So, where to now?" Carly asked. I looked around and almost instantly spotted Medusa, one of the best thrill rides in northern California. I shrieked and pointed to the roller coaster.

"Medusa! Medusa!" I chanted (Me: Okay, so this ride didn't open until 2000. But, pretend like it was open then, sound good?). Everyone looked at the roller coaster, probably not having a clue as to what I was talking about. But, once they saw what it looked like (which was absolutely gigantic), they knew why I was so excited.

"Oh, hell yeah!" Billie yelled, throwing his cotton on the ground and making a dash for the rather long queue we had to wait in. Carly, Mike, John and myself ran to catch up with him and joined him in line. The sun was blazing down upon us, and I could just picture how red my skin was going to be when we left. I was already dreading the pain I was going to go through because of this. And if dad didn't find out, getting sun burned was the perfect punishment.

I munched on my cotton candy out of pure boredom (because I wasn't stupid enough to throw my cotton candy onto the dirty ground like Billie had). The line had barely moved since we had gotten in it—I checked my cell phone to see the time—7 minutes ago. And me being the very impatient person I was started to get annoyed. I tapped my foot every now and then, thinking that it could possibly speed up the line if everyone noticed my intolerance. But, unfortunately for me, it didn't work.

Out of nowhere, Billie took a bit out of my cotton candy I held in my hand, about to put into my own mouth.

"Hey!" I complained. Billie smirked and chewed slowly as if to irritate me. I scowled and pulled another piece of cotton candy out of my bag and threw it at him. Billie stood there for a moment, shocked at what I had done. Then, finally snapping out his temporary stage of shock, he took Mike's water bottle from him (Me: Lets just say he bought it with the cotton candy, alright?) and flicked it at me, sprinkling a few drops of water on me. I squealed and grabbed the bottle from him, dumping it easily on his head.

And you wouldn't believe what Billie had looked like. It was priceless. I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laughter at the sight. Billie's hair was soaking went, lying flat on his head while droplets of water fell from the tips. His white shirt was drenched, making it stick to his skin (I nearly melted at the sight of his chest). His black baggy pants had a few spots of water on them, but nothing serious. He glared at me for a moment, just standing there and shooting daggers in my direction. I giggled.

"Problem?" I asked sweetly. Mike, Carly and John stared wide-eyed at the two of us, looking from me to Billie, wondering what Billie was going to do to me. I giggled again, sounding rather girlish (well, obviously I'm a girl, but you know what I mean), but that was the point; to piss Billie off. And it worked. Oh, it worked. Out of the blue, Billie lunged towards me. I squealed again and backed away from him, bending underneath the ropes for the queue and ran the opposite way. Billie ducked under them as well and chased me.

We earned a few curious stares as we ran insanely through the crowds, me screaming and laughing while Billie was red in the face. I tried hiding behind one of the tents they had, but it did no good. I ran behind a ticket booth, no good. I even tried climbing a tree that was near one of the food stands, but Billie just followed me.

I happened to run into a grassy field that was off to the side of the amusement park. I hadn't exactly left, but we weren't exactly in the park anymore. I shrieked as I looked behind me to see how close to me he was. I tried running faster, but it did no good. I felt Billie grab my wrist, yanking me back towards him. But, him being too strong and forceful for his own good, I rammed into him and the both of us fell to the ground.

I whimpered and tried crawling away from him, but he just grabbed my leg and pulled me back. I did a mix of laughing and screaming as Billie pulled me towards him, a look of amusement twinkling in his green eyes. He laid me flat on my back and climbed on top of me, pinning my arms down beside me and straddling my waist. Hm, I like this position. I continued laughing as Billie sat on top of me.

"Apologize!" he said over my laughs. I shook my head.

"Never!" I yelled in between giggles. He ran his hands up my arms, around and down my sides. I squirmed when his fingers ran over my sides and squealed. He raised an eyebrow, smirking with a gleam in his eyes.

"Ticklish are we?" he asked mischievously. Even though I was wriggling from his touch, I shook my head. "Really?" he asked. I shook my head again, indicating I wasn't ticklish. "Well then... I guess it wouldn't bother you..." he began, poking his fingers into my sides. I tried stifling a laugh as I sat helplessly beneath him. "If I did... this!" he began tickling my sides, causing me to burst into fits of laughter.

I tried pushing him off of me, but I was too weak up against him. He was much stronger than I was, and he had a firm grip on me, considering he was still sitting on top of me. And even though he was a rather small guy; not really heavy at all, he still beat me in strength. I continued laughing as I tried shoving his hands away from my sides.

"Who's your dominated love slave?" he asked. I continued laughing, tears running down my face. I tried opening my mouth to speak, but he tickled me even more, and the only thing that came out was another laugh. "Who's your dominated love slave?" he repeated, grinning down at me.

"Y-You... a-are...!" I got out before laughing harder. He smiled triumphantly and stopped tickling me. But, he didn't get up. I tried catching my breath while looking up at him. He looked back down at me, continuing to grin that cheeky grin of his. At that moment, I was able to notice how good looking he was. Not that he wasn't before, but I got a better look since he was so close to me. His hair was still wet from the water, but it was spiked and not flat. I figured he must've fixed in or the wind did it for him while he was running. Either way, he looked... hot.

Once I regained the oxygen I needed to survive, I tried pushing him off. "Oh no... you still have to apologize." He said, shaking a finger at me. I groaned.

"But you started it!" I protested. "You stole my cotton candy!" Billie's grin widened.

"Say you're sorry for dumping water on my beautiful self and I'll get up." He said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine... I'm sorry for dumping water on your beautiful self." I said.

"Aw, thank you! I forgive you!" he said before rolling off of me and lying down beside me. I snorted at him and looked up at the sky.

"Aha!" Billie laughed, pointing at me. I raised my eyebrows at his sudden outburst. "You snorted!" He pointed out. I rolled my eyes as he continued to laugh. Such an easily amused guy Billie is. I thought to myself. The breeze began to blow slightly once Billie's laughter subsided. We sat there in silence for a while, just enjoying the weather and each other's presence. It was one of those moments where no one had to speak.

I closed my eyes, feeling myself drift in and out of consciousness. And just as I was about to doze off, I heard a few familiar voices ring through my ears.

"There you are!" Mike shouted. I looked up and saw him and the others walking towards us. "You missed the ride! Damn, that was fun!" Mike yelled, throwing his hands up in the air with excitement. "Come on you two! Join the fun!" Mike moaned, grabbing my arm and pulling me up while John did the same with Billie. I laughed and brushed the grass off myself.

"Alright, where to?" I asked them. The three of them exchanged knowing looks before shouting in unison,

"KONG!" Billie and I obviously agreed and we ran back to the park where we made our way to the feet-dangling, 10-story roller coaster. The queue was just as long, if not longer, than the line for Medusa. I sighed, but decided not to complain.

And, once we got on our seats, I knew it was worth the wait. I sat next to Billie while Carly and Mike sat next to each other behind us and John sat next to a guy with a green faux hawk. It took a few minutes for everyone to get situated and the men running the ride to get everyone squared away and checking the safety bars to make sure they were locked properly. But, once it was ready, the music got louder and faster as they started it. I felt butterflies swarming like crazy in the pit of my stomach as we ascended the lift hill. I looked over at Billie and smirked, him smirking back before we dropped.

I nearly screamed my head off every time we went through a loop. I heard everyone screaming and laughing behind me (luckily, Billie and I got the front which was ten times scarier than the back or anything in between), especially the guy with green hair. He was basically shrieking. It looked like he was about to wet himself.

"AHHHH!" Billie yelled, flailing his arms all over the place as we went down the last hill. I half laughed and half screamed as we started slowing down. My face was flushed and my hair looked as though a bird had created it's own nest with it. My feet felt like jell-o, considering the fact that they were dangling the entire time and being flung all over the place.

Once the 2 minutes and 5 seconds of pure thrill were over, we raised our safety bars and went in the direction of the exit. I couldn't stop laughing as we walked out of the building where a new load of guests were piling into the seats for the time of their life.

"The was so fucking fun!" I screamed.

"I know! We should go again!" Billie shouted in the same tone as I did. I frowned at him for a moment before noticing the green-haired, faux-hawked dude had followed us. He grinned at me.

"Aloha!" He yelled, shoving his hand in my face for me to shake. I laughed and shook his hand. I was having too much fun to question his sanity (which, from what I saw, didn't look like he had much of). "The name's Cool. Tre Cool. And yours, sweetie?" he asked, waggling his eyebrows at me. I laughed harder. This day just kept getting better.

"Spencer Monroe. And Tre Cool? What the hell kind of a name is that?" I asked him, still feeling such adrenaline pumping through my veins from Kong.

Tre gasped, as if he couldn't believe I had asked him such a question. "Tre Cool means "very cool" in French, which is exactly what I am." He said with a lisp, flipping his hand in an overly dramatic way. I chuckled.

"Don't you mean Tres' Cool?" I asked him. Okay, so I knew a little bit of French. Yes, I actually paid attention in my freshman classes. Sue me.

"Pfft." He said, which I was guessing meant "no" in his vocabulary. Afterwards, he brushed off that comment completely and began introducing himself to the others. And, just like me, they seemed to enjoy his carefree, yet absolutely insane, attitude. He was just as quickly accepted into the group as I was.

"What next?" I asked excitedly. I just couldn't get enough. Everyone laughed at my hyper mind-set, but looked over at Tre who seemed to know exactly what to do.

"The Ark!" He yelled. He threw his hand up into the air, pointing it at the sky. "To the batmobile, Robin!" Then he pointed at The Ark that just-so-happened to be right in front of our faces. The Ark was a swinging ship and even though it was considered a "family ride", it was still loads of fun. We laughed at him before getting on the ride. It wasn't as much as of a thrill as Kong, but it still gave you that "flying" feeling. The one that made adrenaline pump through your veins like heroin.

After three more hours of fun-filled adventure, we managed to ride V2: Vertical Velocity (another extreme roller coaster that shot you straight up into the air and then back down. Tre nearly cried and I of course laughed my ass off at him), Voodoo (a swinging roller coaster that went about 40mph, flipping you upside down), Tazmanian Devil (a pendulum ride that scared the crap out of Carly), Cobra (only me and Billie went on that since Carly was vomiting all over the place—and on John—from Tazmanian Devil and Tre was getting a crapload of food. Mike obviously stayed with Carly to comfort her while John bought a new shirt and threw his vomit-filled shirt away) and the last thing we had ridden was White Water Safari (yeah, a water ride to cool us off).

Now, we walked through a crowd of elderly women who were there with their grandsons and stopped at a bench. I checked the clock on my phone and it said 3:58PM. I knew dad and Reese wouldn't be home until midnight, so I still had loads of time to kill. I sat myself down on the bench next to Billie and Carly while the others went to get a few drinks.

"You feeling better?" I asked Carly. Surprisingly enough, the water ride cooled her off and made her feel much better than before. I figured it would've made her worse, but apparently I was wrong.

Carly nodded. "Yeah, thanks. But I swear to fucking god, I'm never riding that Tazmanian shit again." She warned. I laughed. The guys came back with a few drinks and handed us what we wanted. I asked for a strawberry smoothie. I took a sip before looking at everyone.

"So, what's next?" I seemed to ask something along the lines of that a lot, didn't I? Everyone shrugged.

"We've went on almost everything in this damn amusement park." John said, glowering at Tre for reasons unknown. John was doing that a lot, actually; glaring at or avoiding Tre. I didn't know why, though. Tre was such a likeable guy. And John seemed to be the only one who didn't like him. I'm sure he had his reasons, though, so I didn't question him.

"How about Go-Carts?" Mike asked, noticing the short queue for the Go-Carts across from them. I looked at Billie.

"Sound good to you?" I asked. He nodded.

"Hell yes." I laughed and we walked to the line. That's another thing I noticed; we were all laughing quite a lot. I didn't know why, but it was good to know that everyone was having a good time.

Once we got in, we all claimed our carts. I picked a red one while Billie picked a green one, Mike chose a blue one, Carly got in a yellow one, John jumped in a white one and Tre—scarily enough—sat proudly in a pink one. A few parents threw him questioning glances, but didn't bother asking him any questions. We waited until everyone got in a cart before we got the okay to start. I immediately drove towards Carly, bumping her in the side. Carly looked at me and gasped, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"Oh, you're going to get it, Monroe!" I laughed and drove away, Carly on my heels—well, "bumper" actually. Mike suddenly rammed into the side of me, knocking me into a little kid, around 11 years old I guess. I scowled at him and began chasing after him. Carly continued driving after me while John seemed to be bumping the crap out of Tre, cornering him. I turned and bumped into John, giving Tre room to run free. He did so, then took my place and began smashing into John. I noticed Billie hitting Mike while Carly was hitting him. I giggled and went to help Billie out, slamming into Carly again.

We continued the routine of helping each other out for another 3 minutes until the ride was over; well if you wanted to actually call it a "ride". We all ran out laughing our asses off for umpteenth time that day, holding onto each other for support.

"Daaaaamn that was sooo fuuuun!" Tre screeched, giggling at his caffeine-filled attitude. I laughed at him, Billie laughed at me; it went on in a sort of pattern.

After our laughing tantrum died down, we decided to leave. It was about 4:30, so I still had some time to hang out with them afterwards. We made our way back to Billie's car, cracking jokes and discussing the day's events. We let Tre come with us—much to John's discomfort, but we singled him out easily—because he was so funny. I wondered how he got there in the first place, but when life gave you a new friend, you didn't ask any questions. And he was a great guy and very adorable in his own way.

Well all hopped into the car, the back being rather squished since a fourth person was back there. I got the passenger seat again while Billie once again was the driver. We pulled out of the parking lot, Billie cussing a few guys out for pulling out in front of him and such, and got on the main road, driving off into the sunset, continuing to laugh at nothing in particular.
♠ ♠ ♠
written 3/02/08
posted 5/21/08