Status: Active and New

Unwanted and Obscure

Chapter 8

I felt sick, and not just because I saw a dead body and a lot of blood, it was whatever they drugged me with. I shot out of the bed and was quickly dry heaving in the toilet I had nothing on my stomach because I was studying so hard, I forgot to eat and trying to put off the visit from my parents as well.

My hair was quickly pulled back and I felt rough hands rubbing my back.

“Why did you do this to me?” I asked my voice breaking here and there in serious need of some water.

“Because I could kitten, let’s get you some water and food and then maybe we can talk”
He whisked me up off the ground and into his arms.

We were back at his house, I recognized it from the first time even though I was only there for a short time. I wanted nothing more than a hot cup of tea with milk and a hint of peppermint. He pulled out a kettle and some peppermint tea almost like he already knew what I wanted.

“You do like peppermint tea right, because if not one of my informants will be dying for giving me false information.”

“It’s my fav-favorite” I answered.

He talked so lightly about killing people, like life doesn’t matter to him. Maybe he’d been doing this for too long that he doesn’t understand the importance of someone else's existence. Maybe he was just damaged oh who am I kidding the man is psychotic.

“I’m only kidding love, I don’t just kill random people. I only do it when necessary.”
Killing is never necessary.

He made my tea just the way I liked it, and I started to realize there was no getting out of this no going back I was stuck. Zayn found me interesting, and I don’t think I would be going anywhere away from him anytime soon.

Zayn finally took me home, he got a call before anything else could go a wry. As he dropped me off he told me, he’d be gone for a few days and once again kissed my temple. I was happy to be home, what I wasn’t happy about were the nightmares, I had been seeing that poor kid and then I saw my brother in the same position. I also saw some nightmares from the past that were coming to haunt me very soon.

My parents arrived that wednesday. I offered to meet them at the airport like any normal family but my family really isn’t normal either. After my brother Christian died things got really bad, I was never good enough. I wasn’t like Angelique, she was beautiful and had everything worked out for her. I was struggling just to pick a college and then I was pressed into this one because of Cassidy.
I met them for dinner at a restaurant near the Thames. We ate and had normal conversation and then we all hailed a cab back to the house my parents were renting for their short stay. My mom can’t stand hotels, she thinks it’s gross and unsanitary to sleep in a bed that someone else has slept in.

As soon as we reached the inside hall that was when the first slap of the night occurred.

“We sent you to London to learn and when I checked your grades before we left you have gotten a C on your last two quizzes” My Dad roared.

“I-I-”

“Enough with the stuttering Aurora Faye, you are not at all like Angelique she is working and going to be a doctor and has kept her grades at a B and above no matter what happens. Maybe sending you away wasn’t a great idea after all.”

Another slap. I was on the floor and a few kicks for good measure he always has to drill it in. This is why I am so diligent with my studies and papers. I don’t know what I did wrong but it must have been something, it’s been so hard to focus with the nightmares and everything going on that I just can’t seem to keep everything in check. I knew they were coming, I knew better than this but it still happened. I was doing so well before Zayn I might have even gotten a little praise but no I slipped up like I always do.

I carefully limped into my bedroom after everything, thankful that Cass was out for the night with some new guy she had been seeing. I carefully eased myself into an ice cold bath to help the swelling go down. This is my life and I feel like it’s a very sad one. I walked back down the stairs ready for some tea and a warm cuddly blanket.

“Hey there Princ-” he cut off mid sentence and was at my side in less than a second it felt like. “Who, who, hurt you?”

Was Zayn trying to be gentle, I must be going crazy or one of those smacks was too hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is not too sure how I feel about this one. What are your thoughts? What do you think is gonna happen? Where do you see this going? Do you think Zayn is as messed up as he seems? Do you think he has a soft side? Do you think he actually cares about Aurora? Give me your thoughts.

Xoxo
Aj