Status: Completed

The Broken Ginger

The News

*Alan's P.O.V.*
It was the weekend and I was getting ready to go over to Austin's to meet his parents. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I walked into the living room to turn off the TV when I saw something that changed my life forever.

Reporter: Today, Anthony Ashby has been arrested after he turned himself in for child abuse. Police are currently working on finding his son, Alan Ashby. If you have any idea where he is, please contact your local police station immediately.

I turned the TV off and ran to Austin's house. Austin was waiting for me on the porch. He had a worried expression on his face. "I'm guessing you saw the news too?" I asked. "Yeah. Alan, if they find you, they're going to put you in a foster home or something. I can't lose you." he sniffled. "Don't worry." Austin's mom walked out of the house. "I know how hard you fell for each other so, Alan. If you'd like, we can adopt you so you two can stay together." she smiled. "Yes. I'd love that. Thank you." I smiled. "Its no problem." she came up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back. Austin looked so happy.
*Austin's P.O.V.*
I wasn't going to lose him. My mom was right, I have only known Alan for a few weeks, but I fell and I fell hard.