Status: I'm a slow updater. I'm lazy.

My Paper Heart Will Bleed

I Just Started To Deserve It

Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months; and months eventually to an entire year. Ashley had grown tired of always fighting with Andy, they had grown distant. Gone their opposite ways. Ashley picked up his guitar again, and Andy picked up the whiskey. Ashley was writing sappy heartbroken songs, and Andy was partying. While Ashley was crying at the sight of every picture Andy posted on Instagram of him and his girlfriend, Andy was probably telling her exactly what he told him.
I love you.
You're the most beautiful person in the world.
You're absolutely gorgeous.
I'll love you forever.

All the same god damn lies Ashley had heard from his mouth hundreds of times. It was heartbreaking, nonetheless, to see him happy. Ashley pitied the poor girl who was wrapped around Andy's finger, just like he was. He would do what he did to Ashley... Leave him to pick up the pieces by himself.
Hayley had become Ashley's shoulder to cry on, too. The others did their best to stay out of it, but all of them vowed to break Andy's face if they heard of him hurting Ashley again. In all honesty, it made Ashley feel a bit better for a few minutes. He had badass friends. Why would he need a scumbag like Andy? And everytime that thought popped into his head, there would be the small voice in the back of his mind saying, because you love him.
Sadly, it was true. Ashley was hopelessly, pathetically in love.

Ashley sat on his bed cross legged, acoustic delicatley in his lap as he played flawlessly, eyes closed and lost in his own world. He had been playing Alibis by Marianas Trench for so long, he could play it in his sleep. The words fell from his lips as he let all his emotions out just like every night after getting home from another day of seeing Andy with Scout. He opened his eyes, seeing the pain and brokeness in his own reflection; the hurt, the regret, and the desperation. Suddenly his phone buzzed, being perfect timing as Ashley had just set his pick down. Ashley furrowed his brow and picked up his phone, curiously opening the message. It didn't show up with a name... but the number looked familiar.
we need to talk.
Ashley frowned more. Who is this he replied.
meet me at the old swingset behind the school the mystery texter said back. god damn it, all he wanted was a name.
when? Ashley sighed as he sent it. He felt like he was going to regret this.
12:30 tonight.
fine he turned his phone off after replying and laid down, looking at the clock. 8:43 pm. He had roughly 4 hours until he met the person texting him... It was too late to back out now, anyways.

Ashleys alarm went off at 12:15 sharp, waking him up immediately. He was anxious and a bit excited to see who it was. Could it be Hayley? No... she was in his contacts, her number would have shown up as her contact name. Who would want to see him that wasn't in his phone contacts? He put on some old sneakers and a hoodie over his tee shirt before sneaking out the door. He looked up at the moon, something about it giving him an odd feeling. It was full and bright, casting shadows on the sidewalk. The sky was cloudless, beautiful... Before Ashley knew it he was in front of the school building, the only light being the moon. He made his way around back and sat on one of the old swings, kicking at the woodchips beneath his foot as he waited. He checked his phone for the time after a few minutes.
12:31. Who ever it was, he had beaten them here.
There were footsteps behind him, the sound of combat boots crushing brittle woodchips getting louder as the person advanced. Ashley froze. He wasn't scared until now. What if he was going to get kidnapped or some shit like that?
Damn he didn't think this through... He didn't really think over the possibilities as much as he should have. This wasn't like what he was used to, its not like he was here to meet up with-
"Hey, Ash..."
Andy
Ashley groaned inwardly, stomach knotting up.
Fucking hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title cred: Alibis by Marianas Trench

haha hi I'm alive