Status: Lyrics credited to: Circle by Flyleaf

To Live Again

His Sacrifice

"I'm a terrible person," she muttered in an undertone as her feet dangled off of the cliff. The wind picked up and her long silky locks of hair whipped around her delicate face before settling back down in a tangled hot mess.

Her dull eyes shifted from looking at the city of Midgar to looking at the large rusted sword that was sticking out from the ground behind her. This is where she spent most of her days, sitting in front of her fallen comrade’s sword.

For a long time she lived with an unsettling emptiness before the guilt took over. Cloud blamed himself for Zack’s death, for not being able to fight, but how could he blame himself? He was in a coma. She… she had no excuse. It was her fault Zack died, her fault, because he stood against an army of over a hundred soldiers. He fought with all his strength to protect them. She knew he needed help even though he insisted that he could take them all on himself.

She had been too scared to move, too scared to help him, so she sat there and watched, sat and pretended that he didn’t need help when the ugly truth was right in front of her.

By the time she had mastered up the courage to move, it was too late. Zack had fought against a hundred or more soldiers and defeated every last one of them however his wounds had been too much and he was slowly dying.

“Even in the end, you still looked me in the eye and told me not to cry, that everything would be okay,” she whispered, before getting up and approaching the sword. She laid her hand gently on the hilt. “But the truth is, everything isn’t okay Zack, because you aren’t here and that’s my fault. I know you’re looking down from up above, I hope one day you’ll forgive me.” She let the hilt of the sword go and moved to head to her vehicle; she spared one last look at Zack’s sword before speeding off toward Midgar.

His sacrifice meant that she and Cloud could live. It was the greatest kind of sacrifice someone could offer.

Image

No man shows greater love, than when a man lays down his life for his beloved.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! What do you think? :)