Welcome to Paradise

Your Guardian Angel

“Alex!” I cry, wrapping my arms tightly around him.
“Ow” he coughs.
“Sorry Lex” I pull back and feel a hand on my shoulder.
“Jack come away from him for a second” says Sam.
“No, why?” I ask, I push Alex’s hair from his face getting a good look at him. He’s look tired and pale, almost ill but I spouse having a demon in you for a few weeks isn’t going to leave you feeling refreshed.
“Just come on” Sam grabs my shoulder and pulls me backward.
“What? Hey let me go!” I struggle against Sam’s grip to get back to Alex but he’s a lot stronger than I am and holds me back. I watch as Dean steps towards Alex, something in his hand.
“What are you doing? No!” I struggle and yell, Alex is too out of it to know what’s going on and Dean takes Alex’s arm and I see what’s in his hand, a long blade.
“NO! Stop leave him alone I cry” I break free of Sam’s grip but before I can reach Alex he grabs me around the middle and pulls me back again.
“What you are doing to him?” I ask.
“You heard what Vicky said; ‘he’s one of them’ we need to what or who ‘them’ are” says Dean.
“You can’t believe her, she was a fucking demon! She would have said anything to stop you from exorcising her” I yell.
“Clam down Jack” Sam says calmly. “We don’t know what’s going on here but we need to check okay?”
“W...What are you going to do to him?” I ask shakily.
“It’s an iron blade, it hurts forms of sprits and such” says Dean.
“Sprits? He’s not dead!” I cry.
“Just let us to it Jack, he need to know if there’s anything wrong, then we can help him” I give up and stop struggling against Sam, it was no use anyway both of them were stronger than me and well...What if they’re right? I close my eyes as Dean puts the blade to Alex’s arm, I hear him moan in pain but it’s weak. I open my eyes again as I feel Sam let me go, I rush to Alex’s side, Dean it pressing a cloth to the cut on Alex’s arm.
“No he’s not a sprit” he says.
“Maybe he’s not anything” I snap.
“Jack he can’t risk it” says Sam.
“Just stop it, stop it both of you. Can’t you see he’s been through enough?” I say, looking down at Alex, his eyes closed, his skin pale and his breath light.
“Jack’s right, we can’t put him through more we might kill him” says Sam, I sigh with relief.
“You’re not seriously listening to this kid?” asks Dean.
“Dean, he’s no use to anyone if he’s dead then we’ll be no better than that demon bitch. Let the kid sleep” I bite my lip knowing this isn’t over but at least it was for now.
“Fine, but I’m not sleeping on the couch” I carry Alex on to one of the beds, he curls up and is asleep straight away. I wrap my arms around him and curl up behind him.
“Thanks Sam” I say sleepily.
“It’s only a bed, the couch will be fine” he says.
“I don’t just mean for giving up your bed, thanks for saving him”
“It’s not over yet”
“I know, but this is the closest I’ve had to Alex to weeks and I’m thankful”
“Well no problem” he smiles, for the first time and takes a blanket t the couch. I close my eyes, a smile creeping onto my face as I know its Alex asleep in my arms.

I wake up to muffled sobs next to me; I open my eyes to Alex crying with the blanket completely covering him.
“Lex? Lex, are you okay?” I ask, pulling the blanket away from him to see him still curled up in the ball and tears running down his face.
“I’m sorry” he sniffs.
“Hey it’s okay, you don’t have to be sorry” I say, rubbing his back gently.
“But I did all those things, I watched myself do it, I watched myself break you and there was nothing I could do about it” he says.
“Lex it wasn’t really you though” I pull him up so his head is resting on my chest. “It was fucking demon not you, I knew that I always knew there wasn’t something right”
“Really?” he asks, looking up at me with messy bed hair and red tired eyes.
“Really” I say, I lean down and press my lips to his. The feeling the butterflies, the feeling of warmth that spreads through me every time our lips touch.
“I missed that” I say.
“I wouldn’t celebrate just yet” I groan and turn over to see Dean leaning against the wall.
“Now?” I ask.
“The sooner that better” he says.
“Now what?” Alex asks.
“Hmm, when Vicky was being exorcised right before she was taken back to hell she kind of scream you’re one of them and Sam and Dean want to know what ‘them’ she meant. So they want to check you’re not some kind of demon thing”
“You’re kidding?”
“Sorry kid” says Dean. I take Alex by the hand and we both carefully get up, him shakily not quite used to be in control of his body again. Dean leads us to the table in the ‘living room’ bit of the motel room and motions for Alex to sit. Alex sits down at the only chair at the table as Dean puts a glass in front of him.
“Drink?” Alex questions.
“Drink” Alex raises as eyebrow but takes the glass and drinks, he takes a few sips before he starts to cough. Dean looks down at him, expecting something to happen but Alex just continues to cough.
“Sorry” he splutters. “It’s been awhile”
Alex finishes the glass in a few more sips.
“What was that?” he asks.
“Holy Water, if you were any form of demon it would have burned you up inside” says Dean.
“How could I be a demon possessed by a demon?” Alex asks.
“No idea, but we have to try”
“How can you be sure she wasn’t lying?” I ask.
“He can’t, but we can’t risk not looking into it” he says. Ales does whatever Dean asks him to, from drinking strange things to pricking him finger with a weird type of mental.
“Jack, my head hurts” he whines about two hours later.
“Got a headache Lex?” he nods.
“Can we stop now? Nothing’s happened so far and it’s making him feel unwell” I say, running his hand through his hair as he rests his head on my shoulder. Dean sighs.
“I spouse so I can’t think of any...” Mid sentence Sam comes through the door.
“We’ve been idiots” he says.
“We have?” Dean questions.
“Alex, where were you born?” Sam asks,
“Essex, England, 14th December 1987” I answer for him as he has his head pressed into my shoulder, obviously in pain.
“I knew it” Sam says, opening his laptop.
“Knew what? What’s going on Sammy?” Dean asks.
“Alex was possessed by a demon, she said he’s one of them and we’ve been looking at other demon things. See the mistake?”
“No”
“If it had been a demon thing she would have us one of us, not them. Them means it’s the other end of the scale, Alex isn’t something evil, he’s something good” Both mine and Dean’s mouths drop and stare at Alex who’s still got his head resting on my shoulder.
What kind of thing....”
“Ha got it!” Sam cut me off. “In that part of England in 87 there was a mentor, something that fell from space or from....” Alex groans loudly in my ear.
“You okay baby?” I ask.
“My head really hurts” he moans.
“Jack” I look up Sam is looking at me with a worried expression on his face.
“What?”
“Come here, quickly” I try to get up but Alex is resting heavily on me.
“Leave Alex there and come here”
“What?”
“Quickly!” he yells, I get up and go over to Sam as Alex moans loudly.
“Lex” I call out.
“Close your eyes” Sam demands.
“What?”
“Stop with the what and close your eyes” I do and there’s a blinding white light, a light so bright it hurts me eyes through my eye lids.
“Okay it’s safe to open them” says Sam about thirty seconds later. I open to see Alex lying in the middle of the floor.
“Alex!” I kneel down beside him, he’s still breathing.
“Jack...”
“Shh Alex it’s okay”
“But Jack I remember”
“Remember what?”
“What I am” I look down at the boy in my arms, the sweet brown eyes and the caramel coloured hair and his smile that could light up the room, how could he be anything?
“I’m an Angel”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's late, hope you liked this chapter! Thank you all for reading <3