Welcome to Paradise

Art Of War

We get off stage I go straight to shower and back to the bus, nearly everyone goes out but how can I go out when there’s something so wrong with Alex? I sat in the back lounge laptop balanced on my lap.
“You alright Jack? You’re very quiet there” Asks Matt, I only think he’s staying behind to keep at eyes on me. I know I’m a bit of a mess at the moment but I don’t need babysitting.
“Yeah, yeah I’m fine” I say, not looking up from the screen.
“You did well out there, despite you know...”
“I’m okay Matt, really. Why don’t you go catch the others up? I’m fine on my own, I’ll probably just stay here and watch some movies”
“You’re sure?”
“Yes Matt, go get drunk” I smile at bit and he gives me a sympathetic look.
“If that’s okay” he gets up and grabs his wallet and phone. “Call me if you need anything”
“Fine, now go” I wave my hand at him and he gives me one more disapproving look before I hear the bus door close. I go back to staring at my laptop, I try search ‘black eyes’ to see if there’s anything but all I get is some strange pictures and a few medical stories. None of which explain what’s going on with Alex.
“I don’t know, I don’t know what to do” tears come to my eyes as I get frustrated. I wish I could still hear Alex in my head, I wish we still had that connection I need him now more than ever. It is possible the things that happened to us then are affecting us now? No can’t be, that thing she’s dead, isn’t she?
I try to remember what Alex told me he was... A demon like straight out of a horror film, a demon. I try looking up demons the internet, finding lots of old myths and rumours, some even taking on a demon taking over a person. The more I read the more I think it might he what’s going on here, especially as I read that demons eyes are black and when taking over the body’s of innocents they can’t hold back their demon eyes from showing, even more so when they’re angry. Most people wouldn’t believe that their boyfriend was possessed by a demon but for me and Alex it’s not exactly new... When he first met four years ago we were being torn apart by a demon before we’d even started. The demon died or we thought she did. Maybe we’re just kidding ourselves and she’s been waiting all this time to come back, to try to tear us apart once more.
“It all makes sense” I say to myself.
“What does?” I look up to see Alex leaning against the counter in front of me. I stare up at him, the playful smirk on the lips that I know all too well, his eyes are once again the normal chocolate colour but they’re not bright like Alex’s, they’re missing his usual spark.
“You” I say, finding the courage to stare at him back.
“What about me?” He asks, still smirking.
“You’re her, you’re the demon that nearly killed me and Alex!”
“I keep telling you Jack, I am Alex”
“There’s no way in hell you are”
“Oh don’t speak to me about hell” he shivers, pushing himself off the counter.
“I know you’re not Alex, he doesn’t go around speaking of hell like he’s been there”
“Alex wouldn’t last in hell, he’s such a scared little boy”
“Ha, you said Alex in third person. You’re not him, I knew it!” I shout.
“Jack you are persistent, no I’m not Alex” he steps closer to me, why does it always scare me when he does what?
“What have you done to him?” I ask, trying to keep my voice steady.
“Oh he’s in here, fading a little bit each day until I won’t be able to hear his voice screaming anymore”
“NO” I scream. “You let him go; you let him go right now”
“Why would I do that Jacky? It took me long enough to get here in the first place. Four years I followed you around, trying to find a way back in” Tears are running down my face now.
“Why though? Why us?”
“Don’t you remember what I told you? Not everyone gets their happy ending”
“You don’t spend four years following people trying to break two people just so they don’t get their happy ending. There’s something bigger going on here”
“Oh you think so?” he starts coming closer again, I try to shuffle backwards on the couch but there’s nowhere I can go.
“You know what? Yeah I do”
“You’re cleverer than you get credit for Jack”
“So who are you?” I ask, I have a bad feeling something’s bad going to happen so I try to stall him...It whatever.
“Vicky, my name’s Vicky”
“Right Vicky....” I stare up again and met with those horrible black eyes that make me cringe away. “What’s going on? What’s the real reason you’re doing this to us?”
“Jacky, Jack, Jack you are a persistent one. I’m not going to go slipping all our secrets to you, in fact is wasn’t even spouse to go like this but you refused to believe your precious Alex would do this to you” I stare at ‘Vicky’ still using Alex’s body to talk to me, the body I’ve held in the middle of the night, the one I’ve woken to up, the one I’ve made love to and now it’s not even him anymore.
“Surely you knew it wasn’t going to work that easily? You tried to kill us last time and you couldn’t!”
“Ah last time... I won’t be making the same mistake twice”
“What? No!”
“Sorry Jack, you know too much. If you’d just expected Alex it wouldn’t have to end like this”
“I could never....”
“Then you brought it on yourself Jack” Alex’s hand reaches towards me I fly backwards, crashing into the wall on the other side.
“Wha...” then I’m thrown against the wall again, I fall to the floor clutching my side.
“Please... Don’t do this” I cry out, I look up at those eyes back to Alex’s eyes again and I see it that sad look he used to get in his eyes.
“Ale...” I get slammed against the wall again, there’s a sharp pain in my side and there’s blood dripping from my nose.
“Alex, Alex I know you can hear me. Alex please stop I’m begging you” I say, tears spilling from my eyes again. His hand starts shaking, like he’s trying to control what he’s doing.
“Come on Alex, fight this please” Tears start slipping from his eyes, like he’s trying to fight what’s inside of him.
“Please Alex” I crock out.
“J...Jack?” His voice breaks and I look up to see my Alex, his beautiful brown eyes filled with tears, biting his lips hard as he tries to hold to control, fighting the demon inside of him.
“Alex?” That’s all I remember before I’m thrown against the wall again and everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really liked how this chapter came out, hope you guys liked it too!