‹ Prequel: Long Gone
Sequel: My Darling
Status: Enjoy. Ehehehehe

Hate Me

Consequences

“That must be a very interesting book.” Loki grunts, but does not take his eyes off of the text in front of him. “Is it a new kind of writing style or are you just ignoring me?”

“What?” Loki glanced up confused by the question.

“The book is upside down, dear.” Looking down at the book in his hand, Loki frowns seeing that the book is indeed upside down. “So…?”

“Will you shut up?!” Loki growls and snaps the book shut with one hand, glaring at the young woman sitting on the foot of his cot. She pouts and folds her arms underneath her bust making Loki sigh. “What do you want?”

“I don’t know, you tell me. After all you’re the reason I am here.” Loki grumbles under his breath and rubs his temples.

“I am in no mood for games. Go away.”

“You’re lying,” the woman says in a sing song voice and Loki narrows his eyes. The woman frowns and stares at Loki, “You might feel better if you talk…you’ve been in this cell for two weeks now. No one has come to see you. You don’t have anything to say about that?”

Loki glances at the woman and shakes his head, “What good would it do? You’re not even real!” Loki shouts, his anger getting the best of him.

“Even more of a reason to talk to me. Who will I tell? I’m not real,” the woman argues and Loki snorts. “Who do you turn to when there’s no one left?” The unanswered question hangs in the air and rattles around in Loki’s mind. Pushing himself off the cot, Loki starts to pace back and forth in front of the woman with his hands clasped behind his back.

“I…” Loki opens his mouth and quickly shuts it. He glances over at the woman and she gives him a light smile, making Loki stop pacing. Looking at the woman, Loki lets out a huff of air and runs a hand through his hair. “You know, I would burn world to see that smile?” Loki questions softly and the woman’s eyes sparkle. “I would do anything for you. I would kill for you. I would destroy realms for you. I would…” Loki chuckles to himself without any humor and shakes his head. “No, you wouldn’t want that would you?” Loki questions and the woman shakes her head. “Of course, your heart is too gentle for such thoughts.” Loki looks away from the woman and he stares out at the dried blood on the prison floor.

“My Prince…”

“Do you know how much it hurt me to see you bleed? To watch you be mistreated like some common filth? I wanted nothing more than to strike Odin down, gut him like the animal he truly is.” Loki looks over his shoulder at the woman and she stares at him with tears in her eyes. “I wanted to protect you and I couldn’t.”

“It is in the past, it doesn’t not matter anymore.”

“Does not matter?!” Loki spins around on his heels, his eyes bright with the thought of murder. “He made you bleed!”

“And you have not?!” the woman’s voice is sharp and clear as she narrows her eyes at Loki. “Do you think nothing of what your hateful words have done to me?” Loki’s eyes waver and he looks down at the ground unable to speak. The woman gets off the bed and walks over to Loki, “You knew I love-“

“Love?” Loki questions and he picks his head up. “Who needs love?”

The woman’s eyes sadden and she steps closer to Loki, “Everyone needs love, Loki…even you.” The woman smiles sadly and Loki shakes his head.

“Do you understand the meaning of what you speak?” Loki’s face twists up as he tries to make the woman in front of him see what he is feeling. “Love is all about trust. Can you trust me: the liar, the bearer of mischief?” Loki’s voice raises as he speaks and the woman frowns at his words, she can hear the pain in his voice. “Cora…are you strong enough for that?” Loki whispers brokenly as he searches Cora’s eyes for any sign that she will leave him.

“My Prince, Loki…I do not care what you did. It does not matter, it never has. I love you and I always have. I want the deepest, darkest, sickest parts of you that you are afraid to share with anyone-”

“Cora-” Loki’s voice is pleading as he cuts Cora off, but she ignores him determined to get through to him.

“Because I love you that much,” Cora finishes as through Loki had not interrupted her at all. Tears blur Loki’s vision, but he refuses to cry. Blinking his eyes he forces his tears away and he steps around Cora shaking his head as he goes.

“You speak words that have such meaning…they chip away at the ice that has encased my heart. I feel nor care for no one, but when I think of you-” Loki turns and walks up behind Cora, making sure not to touch her. “When I think of you, I crave nothing, but you love. I said things I did not mean. I pushed you away, I nearly killed you and yet you love me still.” Cora turns around and stares up into Loki’s glowing green eyes. “Any person would question your sanity, but I am unable to bring myself to do so; for that I am grateful beyond all means because your love is the only good thing I have.” Loki stares down at Cora and reaches up to touch her face, but he stops himself.

Cora smiles sadly and folds her hands in front of her, “Do you care nothing of Frigga and Thor?” Loki’s eyes show his conflict and Cora smiles, “You say you care for no one, but again you tell lies. They are your family and they love you, your blood means nothing. It is only you who hates what you are, yet you do nothing to prove the stories wrong. You have become the monster you always feared, but you can change. Repent your wrongdoings and forget all thoughts of hate. Was it not hate that got you here?”

Loki purses his lips and thinks before he opens his mouth, “I was wronged since birth.”

“The Allfather saved your life and yes he had an ulterior motive for doing so, but I do believe he came to love you as his own.”

“No,” Loki shakes his head.

“Is that a no you truly believe or a no because you’re stubborn?”

“He used me! He was never going to give me the throne!” Loki hisses and Cora nods her head.

“You knew Thor would become King before you, he is the eldest.”

“He is reckless and daft!”

“Sounds kind of familiar…” Cora gives Loki a pointed look and Loki scarfs.

“I am nothing like Thor.”

“Oh? You may think you’re different, but you are not. You act on impulse and think nothing of consequence.”

“When?” Loki demands glaring and Cora raises an eyebrow.

“Twice…or was it three times you let Frost Giant’s into Asgard all because you didn’t want Thor to become King. If my memory serves me right, my father died because of that!” Cora shouts and Loki’s glare drops. Loki forced those memories to the back of his mind, he did not want to remember that he was the reason Cora was now an orphan.

“I never meant for Kellin to die…I only wanted to have a little fun.”

“I know, Loki.” Loki looks at Cora and watches as tears fall from her eyes. “Your actions have consequences and you have to deal with them…no matter how bad they might be. You are the one who put you in this cell.” Cora smiles sadly and reaches out. Her fingertips brush across Loki’s cheek and she starts to fade.

“Please don’t…” Loki whispers, his eyes sparkling in pain. “I-I still need you.” Cora smiles and leans in. Loki closes his eyes and he can feel the air around him warm as it touches his lips softly. “I love you…” Loki opens his eyes and sighs, he’s all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loki's outfit
Cora's dress

“Do you know how much it hurt me to see you bleed? To watch you be mistreated like some common filth? I wanted nothing more than to strike Odin down, gut him like the animal he truly is.” Loki looks over his shoulder at the woman and she stares at him with tears in her eyes. “I wanted to protect you and I couldn’t.”
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.