Starstruck

Contact and Flowers

Sidney skated out onto the ice wearing a bright orange “no contact” jersey. It was his first time on the ice since his injury. He wasn’t a hundred percent yet, but he needed to get back out there and skate. “Sid the Kid!” Kris called as he skated over. “You’re back.” He looked up and down at Sidney. “Orange isn’t your color.”

“Thanks.” Sidney rolled his eyes.

“So what’s all this I’ve heard about you in the tabloids with that big actress?” Kris asked.

“Ugh.” Sidney groaned. “I want to talk about that less than I do the orange jersey.”

“She dumped your ass. Didn’t she?” Kris smiled.

“No, dumbass.” Sindey replied. “I actually have no idea what happened, but I’m pretty sure I messed up. Bad.”

“Ouch.”

“Like she won't answer me, and, dude, I think I’m in love with her.”

“Well shit.” He replied. “You should send flowers. Nothing says love like red roses.”

“Red roses mean sex.”

“Nah.” Kris said.

“No.” Sidney replied. “They definitely do.”

“Fine.” Kris said. He shot a puck into the net. “Then send red roses and kill two birds with one stone.” He elbowed Sidney.

“That’s a NO CONTACT jersey Letang!” Coach yelled from across the ice.

“Hah!” Sidney laughed and skated off.

“The day that jersey turns grey you’ll be in the boards, Crosby!” Kris called as he skated after Sidney.
.........................................................................

SIdney sat on the couch on his computer and ordered flowers while he iced his shoulder. He definitely was not getting red roses. He wanted something that said. “Sorry I was an ass.” not “Hey! Lets have sex!” When he had picked out the most beautiful, vibrant, and appropriate flowers that would get his message across.