Starstruck

Flowers and Decisions

Shannon woke up in her hotel room bed in her black ballgown. Last night was a fun night. Shannon recalled dancing with Kim Kardashian, she really let her hair down when she was away from her reality show cameras. She also remembered sitting with Brittany who threw a drink at Tim, which was hysterical. She rolled out of bed and stood up in her wrinkly ballgown and messy hair. She realized that her phone was still off from last night. She walked over and turned it on. She had five missed calls from Sidney. She almost immediately burst into tears. She really missed him. She had been so stupid. She knew she should’ve talked to Sidney before running away from him. She realized why she had done that too. She feared his rejection. She thought if she talked to him, he would tell her that he didn’t want her.

She sobbed on the couch in her room for few minutes, then there was a knock on her hotel room door. She wiped her face and composed herself as much as she could as she walked over to the door. She opened the door. “What don’t you understand about do not distur-” There was no one there.

She looked to the left and to the right, but saw no one, she finally looked down. There was a beautiful vase full of flowers. Pale pink roses mixed with white hydrangeas and some beautiful green leaves. She picked up the silver vase and brought them inside. She put them down on the coffee table and found the little note that came along with them. Her heart beat faster as she read the words printed on the paper in a curvy font.

Shannon, I am so sorry I was such an ass before. I know I should’ve told you before, but I am in love with you.

All my love,
Timothy

Shannon dropped the card and ran into her room. There was something she need to do. She tore the ballgown off and started feverishly pulling pins out of the rat’s nest that her hair had become then jumped in the shower to attempt to wash out the hairspray left from the night before.

She ran into her room and changed into some high waisted jean shorts and scoopneck burgundy crop top. She slid into some white low top converse, grabbed her tortoise shell wayfarers and leather fringed crossbody bag, and walked out of her hotel room. She pulled out her phone and speed dialed Chelsea while she was in the elevator.

“Chelsea.” She started. “I need you to check me out of the hotel, send someone to get my stuff, and rent me a white Jeep. It has to be a white Jeep with the top down. Rent it from the place thats a block away from the hotel. I walk and get there in like five minutes.” Shannon hung up without leaving time for Chelsea to lecture her on scheduling things ahead of time or ask her any questions.

She hurried out of the hotel and down the street, keeping her head down to avoid cameras. Her head snapped up when she reached the car rental shop.

“Ms. Burns,” a man behind the counter said. “I have a car ready for you in the garage. Here are the keys.” Shannon smiled. Chelsea was good.

“Thank you.” She replied as she whipped out her phone again. “Catherine.” She grinned. “I need to call in a favor.”