Starstruck

Stitches and Falling

“TMZ has a really cute video of you stumbling out of that club.” Sidney smiled.

“Don’t mock me.” Shannon sighed. “This hangover is punishment enough.”

“So what exactly did you do?” Sidney asked.

“I might’ve accidentally told my ex fiance that I still love him. I don’t though.” Shannon replied. “I don’t even remember doing it.” Sidney sighed.

“Okay.” Sidney inhaled loudly. He paused as if he was thinking of the right thing to say. “What did you say after?”

“Nothing.” Shannon replied. “Please don’t be mad. I don’t know what to do.”

“I’m not mad.” Sidney laughed. “I actually think this is pretty funny.” Shannon rolled her eyes.

“Its not funny.” She whined. “Its embarrassing. And why don’t you care?”

“Did you want me to?”

“I thought you would.” Shannon said. “But its a relief that you don’t” She stretched out on the couch and rested her head in Sidney’s lap. She looked up at him as he ran his fingers through her hair with his good hand. “So how’s the shoulder?” She asked.

“Feels pretty good.” He smiled. “Stitches out on Tuesday.”

“Nice.” Shannon replied. “Guess what I’m doing on Tuesday!”

“It’s probably better than getting stitches out.”

“It is.” Shannon smiled. “I am filming a guest appearance on Nashville!”

“You sing?”

“I do sing.”

“Awesome!” Sidney laughed. “That is better than getting stitches out.”

“You have a really cute laugh.” Shannon grinned.

"Do I?" He smiled.

"You do." She grinned. Shannon sat up and let Sidney kiss her. She ran one hand through his hair and kept the other around his back. she didn't want to hurt his shoulder. She felt his hand move up and down her lower back. Shannon froze when she heard a knock in the door. She groaned as she let go of Sidney. She have him one more peck on the lips as she stood up. She opened the door. Chelsea was standing there with Alice.

"What are you doing here?" Shannon asked.

"Seriously?" Chelsea raised her eyebrow. "We talked about this yesterday."

"Oh right." Shannon had no idea what Chelsea was talking about. "Come in." They walked into the kitchen.

"I have the Nashville script and the songs you'll be singing." Alice handed a stack of papers over to Shannon. "Your recording time is 10 am on Sunday and you're call time on Tuesday is 8 am." Sidney walked in as they talked a little more about Nashville. "Who's this?" Chelsea's eyes widened.

"My friend, Sidney. " She smiled. "Sidney, this is Chelsea my manager and Alice, her assistant."

"Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"So the car will be waiting for you at 9 am on Sunday, and again at 7:30 downstairs on Tuesday morning. I'll be up here at 7:00." Chelsea said to Shannon.

"Alrighty." Shannon smiled. "I'll see you both soon." Shannon lead them down the hall and out the door.

"Bye, Shannon, Sidney." Chelsea said as she walked out. Shannon closed the door behind her and Alice.

"Sorry." Shannon frowned.

"So they're what people on tv mean when they talk about 'their people' huh?" Sidney asked.

"I guess so." Shannon laughed. She looked up at Sidney. “We should do something.”

“Like what?”

“Can you ice skate with your arm like that?” She asked.

“I’m not supposed to.” He replied. Shannon frowned. “But I’d be okay skating as long as I don’t fall.”

“You’re a professional hockey player. How often do you fall?” Charlene asked.

“Probably more often than you’d think.” He smiled.