‹ Prequel: More Than This

Over Again

9

Instead of going into the house, Harry stopped me on the front lawn.

“Are we just going to stare at the house?” I asked.

Harry groaned.

“I’m trying to be romantic, here, Bails. I’m showing you the house, yes.” He took my hand and looked at the house.

“This house.” Harry continued. “Is where my life changed forever.” He took my hand and pulled me with him toward the front door.

“You walked in this door.” He opened the door. “And into this kitchen.”

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why Harry was bringing up the first night we met.

“And then we sat down on this couch, and we watched a movie, but I can’t for the life of me remember what movie it was, because your knee was touching mine the whole time.”

I blushed, and realization started to set in, as tears brimmed in my eyes.

“It was Harry Potter.” I replied softly. Harry mock glared at me.

“Bailey, that’s not the point.” He chided, rolling his eyes. “The point is that that was the night that I knew I wanted to be with you.” He pulled me over to the doorway again. “And this is where we hugged goodnight, and I don’t know about you, but I had butterflies. You smelled like vanilla and that… Bailey scent that I just love.”

I was full on crying now, but Harry grabbed my hand, pulling me down the street.

I knew where we were going next, but I let him lead me there anyway.

He took me to a familiar bench and sat me down.

“I can’t take you everywhere we’ve had our special moments tonight, because some are hotel rooms across the world, but I can take you right here. This, this is where we kissed for the first time. And it is also where I ask you to marry me. Bailey, I love you more than anything else, and I know our lives have been crazy, but I didn’t want to wait anymore. I want to spend forever with you. ”

Harry dropped down on one knee in front of me, and I grinned.

I wasn’t sure that this was really happening, so I reached my hand out and pinched his arm.

He reached over and rubbed the spot that I pinched.

“Sorry, just checking.” I muttered through my tears.

Harry chuckled and looked up at me, nerves written all over his face. I debated on torturing him for a little while longer, but I couldn’t. I connected my lips quickly to his. When we broke apart, I smiled at him.

“Of course I’ll marry you, you idiot.” I muttered softly. He laughed and reached into his pocket, pulling out an engagement ring and slipping it on my finger.

I took only a second to look at it before I put my arms around Harry’s neck and he picked me up as he stood up, spinning me around.

When he put me down, we kissed again and he was grinning into the kiss.

“Okay, now it’s the best birthday ever.” I declared as we pulled apart.

Harry laughed and kissed my nose before we walked hand in hand back to our house.

I was officially not bitter about my birthday anymore.

xxx


I woke up to an audible bang of something being dropped and a swear from Harry.

I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes, taking in the fact that it was still dark outside, but Harry was awake and moving about the room.

“What time is it?” I muttered.

Harry whipped around quickly and sighed.

“Sorry, babe. I didn’t want to wake you. It’s early. Go back to sleep.”

Suddenly, I realized what day it was, and I jumped out of bed quickly.

Harry was over at my side in a second.

“Bails, go back to bed.” He said sternly.

“But, you’re leaving today. I have to come with you, I have to drop you off, I-“

Harry cut me off with a kiss to my lips.

“No, you don’t.” He said softly.

I didn’t understand.

“Do you not want me to come?” I was a little hurt at the fact that he didn’t seem to want me there.

He looked at me and sighed, running a hand through his hair, shaking his head.

“No, I don’t want you to come, because if you come, there’s no way in hell I’ll get on that plane.”
His voice cracked, and I immediately pulled him into a hug.

This was even harder than I thought it would be this time around.

“Okay.” I replied after a few minutes of silence, rubbing his back.

My breath caught in my throat, and I wanted to cry, but I knew we had to be adults, and he had to go.

“Go. Get on that plane before I don’t let you.” I told him.

He sighed and leaned down, capturing my lips on his.

“I love you.” He said simply.

I nodded once and started pushing him toward the door, not wanting to drag this on any longer.

“I love you too. Call me when you land. Send my love to the boys!”

He saluted me and walked out the door.

And just like that, my life was back to the way it was before he showed up in my living room the day before.

Except at the same time it wasn't. So much had changed.