Status: In Progress

We Could Happen

Chapter Four: First Match

Neymar watched as his son played with his blocks. He sighed and tapped his foot impatiently. His ex-girlfriend couldn’t watch their son today, so Fernando and Carolina forced Della to watch him.

Neymar was playing as a starter for tonight’s game against Levante and he was running late for the team’s lunch. If only Della would hurry up. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Neymar quickly sprung up and ran towards the door. He pulled it open to see Della standing there. She was wearing black skinny jeans and…his jersey.

He bit his lip and tried not to smile at how much he liked her wearing that. “Sorry! Traffic was horrible.” Della frowned. Neymar shrugged and let her in. He quickly walked towards Davi Lucca and smiled, bouncing him up and down.

“Della, this is Davi Lucca. Davi, this is my friend, Della.” Neymar smiled. Davi smiled at Della and shyly buried his head in his father’s neck. Neymar chuckled and set the little boy back on the floor. Della knelt down and began playing with Davi, giggling as the little boy started getting more comfortable around the singer.

Neymar raised his eyebrows, surprised that Davi had taken a liking to Della this quick. Davi was often very shy when meeting new people, so it was a surprise when he started talking to Della. He watched in awe as Davi crawled onto Della’s lap and started playing with the blocks.

Neymar stood there for at least four minutes until he realized that he was late. He quickly grabbed his gym bag and cleared his throat, “I’ll see you in a few hours.” He said before walking out the door.

Della was watching her first Barça game as Neymar’s ‘girlfriend’ and Della was really nervous to meet the other WAGs. She’s seen a few pictures of them and she worried that she’d be the odd one out. She’s seen Shakira, Daniella, Antonella, Anna, Carol, Vanesa and Thaissa and she didn’t want to be compared to any of them.

She sighed and glanced at her watch, counting down the hours to the game.
-
“Is Della coming tonight?” Gerard Piqué asked his teammate as he laced up his boots. Neymar looked up and nodded, “Yeah. Her first game.” Neymar chuckled, making sure his laces were tied up right. Gerard smiled, “We should get together and play some more FIFA.”

Sergio turned around and groaned, “This time I won’t be betting.”

Neymar chuckled and shook his head at his teammates. Tata rounded them all up and stood in the center of the team circle, giving them an encouraging talk before sending them out of the tunnel.

After a few minutes, Xavi led the prayer as team captain and after that, the team chanted shouts of victory before exiting the tunnel. Neymar smiled and confidently took his place beside Leo and Alexis and posed for the team picture. After the pictures, kick off started.

-

Della smiled and sat down, making the game just in time for kick off to start. Davi was holding on to her hand and she was trying to find her seat when she found it. Right beside Shakira.

Della took a few deep breaths before walking over to the Colombian. Della’s always been a big fan of Shakira and she loved her music, but the two had never met, sadly. Shakira turned and grinned at Della, “Hola! You must be Della. Gerard told me all about you.”

Della smiled and sat down next to Shakira, shaking her hand. “It’s nice to meet you! I’m a big fan.” Della grinned. “I’m a fan of yours too.” Shakira giggled. Shakira was bouncing her and Gerard’s baby, Milan, on her knee.

The two talked for a little more before focusing on the game again. A few minutes later, Alexis netted the first goal. Della grinned and cheered loudly, cuddling Davi tighter to her chest.

Three minutes before the first half ended, Lionel Messi scored the next goal. The second half started and seventeen minutes into the 2nd half, Neymar scored the next goal. Davi giggled and clapped his hands loudly, yelling ‘Papa’ at the top of his lungs.

Shakira giggled and winked at Della. The match ended with the score of 3-0, claiming it an amazing victory for Barça. Shakira stood up and walked over to the other WAGs, motioning for Della to follow after her.

Della smiled and took Davi’s hand, following after Shakira. “Guys, this is Della, Neymar’s new girlfriend,” Shakira smiled. Everyone turned from their own conversations and grinned at Della. “Hola, Della! I’m Antonella.”

Della nodded and smiled, “Nice to meet you.” She grinned back. All the other WAGs introduced themselves and they chatted for a while before going downstairs to meet their husbands and boyfriends.

Della smiled at Davi who was beginning to get tired. She picked him up and he wrapped his arms around her neck. She waited for a while by the locker room and smiled to herself as she thought about how well the day went.

The door to the locker room opened and Neymar walked out with a grin. He smiled at Davi and took him from Della’s arms. “Hi, Davi. How was papi’s goal?” Neymar asked with a smile, kissing Davi’s forehead.

Della brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and grinned at Neymar, “I should get going, but tonight was fun. Great goal tonight.”

Neymar nodded, shooting her a small smile as a thanks. “Oh, wait. Fernando wanted me to take a picture with you and post it on Instagram or something.” Neymar sighed. Almost immediately, Sergio walked out and Neymar handed him the phone.

Della scooted closer to Neymar and made sure her smile looked at least believable. Sergio took a couple of snaps and Neymar took the phone back, thanking Sergio. “Okay, this will be up later.” Neymar said, holding his phone up. Della nodded and Neymar put Davi Lucca down as he was squirming.

“I’m gonna go now, see you soon.” Della said, before turning to leave. “Della, wait.” Neymar mumbled. Della turned back around and froze in shock when Neymar moved to hug her. Della thought about just standing there when she shrugged and wrapped her arms around him with a small smile, feeling her heart race as she melted into his arms.

The two pulled away after a while and Neymar awkwardly backed away. Della waved and scampered away from the footballer.

That night, Neymar received a picture from Cesc. It was a picture that he and Gerard had sneakily taken from behind them. It was a picture of Neymar and Della hugging. And out of all the pictures that Sergio took, Neymar chose to post the one Cesc sent him.
♠ ♠ ♠
not my best :/