Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

You're Dead Wrong

Vic’s POV:

I wish there was a guide for life. Like a guide that would tell me what to do in every situation, that would be pretty fucking handy at this moment. I’m standing in the middle of a parking lot, watching as the boy I’ve been developing a crush on lately gets driven away by his abusive ex-boyfriend who probably should be in jail. What the hell am I supposed to do in this situation?

So I did the first thing that came to mind. I ran to my car, quickly unlocked it and hopped in. I didn’t even bother to put on my seatbelt, I just sped out of the parking lot, probably scaring the pedestrians, not that that really mattered at this second, and pulled out into the direction that Nikon’s car just went to. I was going to kick this guy’s ass before he would lay another damn finger on Kellin.

It wasn’t that hard to find the familiar car, so when I found it, I slowed down and started to follow it at a safe pace. I don’t really want the guy to see me, not that it really matters. I’m kicking his ass either way.

It all makes sense to me now, everything going on with Kellin. From the first day, to the fact that he has bruises on him that were most definitely not from falling, and the night that he was attacked. The fact that he could never hang out, especially with me. He couldn’t tell me what was up with him because he was too damn scared that he would get hurt again. It kills me knowing that I didn’t notice sooner. I can’t help but blame myself, yanno? I care about him a lot and I just let him continue on getting abused…

I swear I’m going to go crazy if I continue thinking about this, so I turn the radio on and listen to whatever was on at the moment. I just need to get my mind off of it and focus on getting Kellin back. This guy’s not going to hurt him anymore.
---

Kellin’s POV:

“I’ve missed you so much, Kellin.” Nikon shoots a sickeningly sweet grin in my direction as he clutches the steering wheel. “I can’t help but wonder what you were doing in the hospital.” To anyone else it seems like a statement, but I knew better. It was a demand to tell him why I was there.

“I-I took some pills, a lot of them.” I glance in the opposite direction of him, avoiding his emerald eyes. “And I hurt myself more…” I whisper the last part, hoping he won’t hear it. But of course he does, just my luck.

“You did what?” He raises his voice, and I can practically feel him seething from the driver’s side of the car. “Did all this time with me teach you NOTHING? You know hurting yourself is fucking stupid. You’re fucking stupid for doing it, Kellin. You’re too pretty and I don’t want any more of those scars on you.”

“Like the scars you leave on me?” I shoot back, sending a glare in his direction. Fuck. My big mouth just can’t keep shut can it? I close my eyes and wait for the smack that I know is coming.

“I’ve never done that!” He yells at me, stepping on the gas pedal. “Why would I hurt you when I love you? Fuck, Kellin.” He continues accelerating the car; we gotta be doing at least 95 at this point.

I don’t even take the time to acknowledge the fact that he’s lying straight through his teeth about the year of abuse, I’m too busy clutching onto the seat.

“Slow down Nikon! Please!” My words go right past him, all I see is his face turning beat-red, and his green eyes have a glint in them that I’ve never seen from him before.

Before I even know what’s happening, there’s a terrible screeching sound. The world around me starts spinning as the car flip over. We must have rolled over a few times before there’s a huge crashing sound from the side of me. I hear a blood curdling scream from next to me before it’s replaced with silence and blackness.

How many times am I going to black out this week?

---

“Kellin? Kellin wake up!” I hear the faint sound of a voice calling my name, but I ignore it. I just want to sleep for longer. My body feels numb and I easily slip back into dream-land. Dreaming seems to be a better option that being awake right now. I don’t want to go back with Nikon.

---
My eyes shoot open; I forced myself to wake up this time. I don’t want to dream anymore, they started to turn into nightmares. I’m just praying that those nightmares don’t turn into reality.

The room is bright, the curtains are blue and they match the quilt that I’m curled in. The bed is soft and I feel cozy, but that’s not the best part about waking up here. It isn’t a hospital. It’s not my room, but I’m finally not waking up in a hospital. Although that’s a good point, it’s still not the best part about where I just woke up. I recognize the room, its Vic’s.

I smile at the thought of the tanned boy, I miss being able to spend time with him, I’m sure now that Nikon’s back I’ll never see him again, except for the fact that I’m in his bed right now.

The door slowly creaks open and he walks in, his hairs in curls on his shoulders and he’s wearing a muscle tank. In other words, he’s the sexiest person in the world. He smiles when he sees that I’m actually awake, and he sets the glass of water he’s holding down on the bedside table before sitting next to me.

“Good morning princess.” He smiles at me and I roll my eyes at the nickname.

“Hey.” I croak. “What happened?” I ask him, tilting my head to the side.

“That seems like the most frequently asked question in our friendship.” He jokes before continuing, “Car accident, although thankfully you weren’t hurt at all. Apparently you blacked out from the shock, I dunno. I guess you got really damn lucky. Which I’m so thankful for.” He adds. I sit up, chewing on the inside of my lip.

“Is Nikon in the hospital? Or is he here too?” I’m dreading the answer, really hoping he’s not here to take me to his house.

“Oh, yeah… About that.” Vic looks down at the ground, refusing to look at me when he answers. “Kels, Nikon’s not coming to get you. He died in the accident.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is where the fun begins. He's out of the picture :)

I haven't planed anything for this story ahah. All of this is just my mind thinking while I write. Car crash was totally last minute, but I think it turned out pretty rad.

Whatever, leave feedback and I'll update soon. I'm actually feeling really motivated lately.

I'm moving so that's why i'm not updating a lot, sorry baes.

Title Credit: You're Dead Wrong - Mayday Parade