Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

The heartless part

{A/N: SORRY TO ANYONE WHO READ THE LAST CHAPTER AND WAS REALLY CONFUSED ON WHY THE LAST PART SAID THAT NIKON ATTACKED OLIVER SYKES BECAUSE I’M A SHITTY PROOF READER AND MY OTHER STORY IS ABOUT OLIVER AND UGH. Oliver won’t even be in this story, so, it was supposed to say Kellin. I’m sorry can you please forgive? XD This, kids, is why you don’t write two stories at once. Then you get confused and mix their names up and then you just suck. Yeah. Sorry. It’s just hard to write both stories and get in the mindset of them both, it gets confusing, yanno? Here, another update to compensate!??!!? And it’s super long so love me?!?!?}

Kellin's POV:

“Yellow, obviously. What about you?”

“How is that obvious?” Vic laughs as we pull in my driveway. He puts the car in park and turns to look at me “Green.” He smiles and leans back in his seat. “Favorite movie?”

Vic and I were playing 20 questions on the way home from the hospital. He was really funny and I was glad we were having this alone time where I didn't have to worry about anything. That was until I got home, of course. I was about to answer Vic’s question when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw a number I didn't recognize, so I picked it up. “Hello?”

“Kellin?” I heard the one voice that I dreaded to hear on the other end of the phone.

“Y-yes? Nikon?” I stammered, trying not to break down crying on the phone with him.

“Kellin, I don’t have much time to talk. I only get one phone call tonight, so listen to me, okay? First of all, I never meant to hurt you like I did, I’m so sorry. I know you've heard it from me hundreds of times before but I really mean it this time. Anyways, I turned myself in. I need help and I realize that now. Don’t worry about me, I’m going to get the help I need and I won’t be able to hurt you ever again. I love you, Kellin Quinn. I’m hoping they’ll let me call or write to you again soon so that I can explain myself fully, but for now, I have to go. I love you.” Before I can even respond, he’s gone. I hear beeping on the other end and that’ it. Vic’s looking at me, a confused expression on his face.

“Kellin? What was that about?” He questions me, he sounds worried.

“I- uh. Uh, nothing. Don’t worry about it. I have to go.” I quickly open the car door and run inside before he can question me any further.

---

He turned himself in. How does that even work? Why would he do that? I’m in the bathroom currently, looking at myself in the mirror. Looking at the deep purple bruising around my eyes and the now scabbed over cuts on my face. I didn't know whether or not to be happy or to break down crying at this point.

So I did neither. I just looked at myself, taking everything in for a few minutes. I blinked slowly, and reached my hand up to run it through my hair. In the matter of two days, all of this has happened. From cuddling on the couch and really feeling loved for once, to my new neighbor who is just full of laughter and happiness, to nearly dying because of the man I thought I loved so much.

He had saved me from my depressed time, and I’ll be forever thankful for that. Nikon would probably go to jail now, or at least some type of loony bin. Would I miss him? I couldn't decide yet. What would happen when he got out? Would he want to start a relationship again? So many questions ran through my mind, and I couldn't answer a single one for myself. Only time could tell, I guess.

For once, I felt like my life could be normal. So I turned away from the mirror, and headed up stairs to go to sleep. Tomorrow, I would go to school like a normal person. I would try to live for once.

---

The next few weeks proved to be weird. I would find myself picking up my phone to text Nikon, or waiting for him after school like I used to. I haven’t heard from him again, so I’m assuming they’re not letting him talk to me at all.

It hurts to know that I wasted over two years of my life building a relationship up with a man who just abused me in the end. I miss him like hell; I miss the way he would look at me, calling me beautiful. I miss his morning texts and the way his green eyes would glass over when he would tell me he loved me. I miss the way he smelled, and the way he would play with my hair.

I miss a lot about him, but I surely don’t miss the abuse. I don’t miss the hurtful words that would come out of his mouth, or the way he would hurt me on instinct if I ever did something to upset him. I don’t miss the way his eyebrows would furrow or his face would turn red when he yelled at me. I don’t miss the way his fists clenched every time he would get upset.

I guess it balanced out, the things I liked about him and didn't like about him. I knew, now that he was gone, nobody would ever love me like he did. Nobody would care for me, or save me like he did. I might need that saving now, because I’m starting to feel really lost without him.

Vic’s POV:

It’s been a few weeks since Kellin got out of the hospital. He hasn't talked to me much, I've tried to hang out with him in school but he always makes up some excuse. In class he always seems really lost; he kind of just stares down at his papers and does nothing the entire class. Sometimes I’ll look over to see a few tears staining his notebook.

I know there’s something he hasn't told me yet, and I’ll give him time. He might tell me when he’s ready, and I’ll be here to listen.

I slammed on my wall, yelling at Mike and Ace to keep it down. “You guys really have to be so loud every time you’re fucking?” I scream at him, rolling my eyes in disgust. My parents were gone for the night so Ace snuck over so her and Mike could smoke pot and have sex all night. I tried to drown it out with music, but fuck, that girl was loud. I closed my notebook, deciding that I wasn't going to be getting any studying done tonight with those animals next to me. Plus it was a Friday, so I had all weekend. So I decided to go and check on Kellin. Maybe he’ll hang out with me so I don’t have to listen to this anymore. I grab my coat and throw a beanie on, rushing down the stairs and slamming the front door quickly.

I made my way over to Kellin's house and knocked a few times, hoping he was home. He opened the door, looking cute as ever, with a big smile on his face. “Hey Kellin, I was hoping you’d be home. My brother and his girlfriend are having a little “sleepover” and I really needed to get away from that.” I made air quotes around the word “sleepover” and Kellin burst out laughing.

“You can hear that from your room? Dude I feel so bad for you!” I laugh with him and nod my head.

“Sadly, yeah I can. Anyways, enough about the animals at my house, wanna go for a walk or something? We can grab ice-cream.” I rub my arm and send him a small smile, hoping he’ll accept.

“Sure, sounds nice.” He smiles at me and closes the front door. “I need an excuse to get out of the house anyways.” He chuckles a bit and we start walking.

“So how've you been, Kels?” I ask as we walk down the street at a slow pace. He seems to brighten up a little bit at the nickname that I called him.

“I've been okay, it’s just weird with Nikon gone, yanno?” As soon as the words slip from his mouth he looks like he regrets it, and he actually puts his hand up to his mouth to cover it.

“Nikon?” I question him.

He sighs, looking at the ground. “My boyfriend, or, ex-boyfriend I guess.”

“You broke up?” I want to know.

“Can we talk about this another time, Vic?” He looks at me, sadly and bites his bottom lip. I nod and we continue walking.

We spend the night getting to know each other, and he opens up a little bit about his mom. Apparently she’s a drug addict and is never home, so he says I can come over any time, really.

“You should text me some time.” Kellin smiles at me and hands me a piece of paper with seven digits scribbled on it.

“Will do.” I tuck the piece of paper in my back pocket. I leave Kellin's house with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess i'm trying to lighten the mood and try to move things along because I don't want this to be extremely long but I don't want things to move to fast. YOU FEEL ME? DOES THIS CHAPTER EVEN MAKE SENSE? ugh i feel like such a shitty writer. I think i'm gonna take a break on updating because this is shit and i need time to think i guess. ugh.

Title Credit: The Heartless Part - SECRETS (<- i'm going to see secrets and blessthefall on the 19th and i'm so excite.)

xoxo
Ribbon