Status: Finished!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

My life in two

{A/N: I have a small case of writers block on BOTH of my stories. I know that I want to happen but i'm having trouble getting there. I guess this chapter might seem kind of shitty, but it's relevant. I hope everyone understands the end, if not I can explain it further I guess.}

Vic's POV:

“Vic, you’re going to make us fucking late again dude.” I can hear Mike pounding on my door and I groan, pulling the blanket further over my head.

“I’ll be out in five.” I call in a weak voice. I was up pretty late last night, thinking about my day with Kellin. He seemed to open up a lot with me and started to trust me, it was a nice change from his normal conservative self. I’m just worried about his home life, honestly. His mom was never there to take care of him after he got attacked, and he seems really upset lately, although I don’t really know why.

Thoughts of his ice blue eyes and raven hair filled my mind while I got ready for another long day at school.

“VIC! GET DOWN HERE ALREADY!” Mike yells from the bottom of the stairs.

“I’m coming right now, calm down.” I call back, slinging my backpack over my shoulders and bouncing down the stairs.

“Finally.” Mike rolls his eyes and makes his way to the car.

“I was up pretty late.” I sigh as I get in the car, putting the key in the ignition and starting to pull out of the driveway.

“Thinking about Kellin again?” Mike smirks at me, a knowing look on his face.

“He’s got me puzzled, I can’t figure him out.” I bite my lip and try to focus on driving; ignoring Mike’s chuckling from the passenger’s seat.

“You like him, don’t you?” His tone is serious this time.

I let out a loud sigh and run one hand through my hair, waiting for the light to turn green. “Is it that obvious?” I chuckle a bit before continuing. “Kind of, I don’t know.” I mumble, hoping he doesn't ask more questions. Which he doesn't, and I’m grateful for that. I don’t know if I like Kellin, honestly. He’s a really nice guy but I don’t know if it could be more than that.

The first part of the school day goes by achingly slow, and I find myself doodling song lyrics on my notebook again. Eventually the lunch bell rings and I rush to the cafeteria to find my friends. I see Kellin already sitting alone at a table. I decide to join him.

“Hey.” I smile at him and he looks up, surprised that somebody’s talking to him. “Wanna come join me and my friends?” I hope he’ll come eat with us; I really want the rest of my friends to get to know him. He shakes his head quickly and tugs on the end of his hair, which is insanely adorable by the way.

“Nah, I don’t wanna be a bother. Thanks anyways.” He smiles up at me.

I reach over and grab his hand, pulling him up. “You’re not a bother; we want you to sit with us.” I roll my eyes and continue “Why would you be a bother?”

“Just thought you were being nice because I was alone.” He shrugs and glances at the table with my friends at it. “Sure they won’t mind?”

“Of course they won’t. Now come on.” I turn around the go to our table, hoping he’ll follow. “Hey guys, this is Kellin.” I say as I approach our table. “I told you about him, he’s gonna hang out with us.” I clear a seat next to me and tell Kellin to sit there, which he does.

The guys ask Kellin a few basic questions, which he doesn't seem to mind.

“How old are you, Kellin? You look so young!” Ace questions him, laughing a little bit at his reaction.

“16!” He pretends to sound offended. “How about you guys?” He looks at the rest of us.

“I’m actually 16 too.” Ace replies, looking down at her sandwich. “So is Mike.”

“The rest of us are 17.” Jaime pipes in.

“I’ll be 18 in two weeks!” I add on.

Mike rolls his eyes. “How could anyone forget?” He throws a french fry at me and Jaime breaks out laughing.

“You have ketchup on your face now.” He points at me, still laughing. I clean it up and we continue talking, everyone getting to know Kellin better. Kellin seems to get along with everyone and I decide that it was a really good idea to ask him to hang out with us. He seems to really loosen up until Tony asks him to hang out with us at Jaime’s house after school. That nervous look returns to his eyes and he stammers a response.

“I… I-uh.” He stops talking, furrowing his eyebrows in thought before looking back up at us. “Actually, yeah, that’d be cool.” He shoots me a smile right as the bell rings.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for all the dialog ._. I hope everyone understands the end, if not I can explain it further I guess.

i'll try to update tomorrow but i really don't know man

Title Credit: My Life In Two - Ice Nine Kills

xoxo
Ribbon