Watch Your Step

Diamonds are a girl's best friends

The final notes of the well known song were heard as the redhead kicked her legs and ran off the stage, the audience in the dimly lit bar applauding madly and cheering on the dancers. The first part of the show was over, where they sang and danced to 'Diamonds are a girl's best friends', one of the musicals that was interpreted the most in cabaret clubs.

However, that night the customers were in for a surprise because the club has just introduced a new performance where the dancers would dress up like the usual waitresses and 'serve' the customers with a new show.

Alana, with her new, improved sight and far less clumsy movements, was now fully changed and waiting for the lights to go on so she'd start her routine. Gripping the tray tightly, she wondered if Mable would disapprove of her choice of performance. For she had a certain customer in mind.

A spotlight was on her and she soon trotted from behind the curtain, dancing proudly all the way to the table that was closest to the scene. Without a second thought, she plopped onto the lap of said customer, placing the tray on the table. She started her routine, doing small agile gymnast-like moves around him, gently pushing his hands away each time he tried to get a hold of her.

Right before the routine was over, she straddled him, cupping his face as she placed a soft kiss to his thin lips. This time she let him wrap him arms around her to deepen the kiss but only because the lights were already off by the time he made his move.

"I'll be out in 10. We just have to bid the customers goodbye. Come backstage after that."

"I know. I'll meet you there." And indeed he knew because he always attended her performances.
He never even approached the bar when she wasn't there. In all honesty, as much he appreciated her talent and dedication for what she was doing, he hated to have her dance not exactly properly dressed in front of the weirdest of men. He loved to see her perform, but he would have liked if she only did it for him.

Thus, if the signs she wore weren't proof enough that she was taken, he would always sit by the stage to guard her. He didn't cared who called him over protective. It was something he loved doing. She stood from his lap and sautered backstage before all the performers for the night thanked the audience for their presence, striking their signature poses.

While this was happening on the stage, a man in his mid-fourties approached Loki, eventually sitting next to him.

"How did you get her to do that? She even kissed you. Before the attack she never even approached the customers." Loki ignored him for the most part. It wasn't the first time somebody did this and he usually ended it with a sarcastic remark. However, this man didn't seem to understand that he was being ignored.

"How much did you pay her?" Was the questioned that ticked the God off. He had a madman look on when he eyed the man that seemed to finally get the hint as he backed off.

"A marriage." Loki spat, lifting up his left hand that sported and elegant, thin yet intricately designed golden ring. The man's jaw dropped and his head snapped to the stage, searching 'Chanel''s hand that indeed held a similar golden ring. Her middle finger too had a big diamond right that sparkled in the spotlight.

The man backed off completely, leaving the table without another word. Minutes later, Loki was already backstage, kissing his wife passionately, ignoring the jealous looks of her coworkers.