Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

So Take My Life, I'll Hand It To You

People started arriving around six thirty at Alex’s house. I was still getting ready, because I decided to shower right after Alex and I got back from our secret date. What no one knew though, was that I dyed my hair to actual blonde. I was getting tired of my dirty blonde locks so I decided to lighten my hair. Alex and the rest of the gang were going to be surprised. I looked in my closet mirror and smiled. I looked amazing. I had a blue dress on that I had bought with Alex just a week prior to today, along with white wedge shoes, blue dangle earrings and a silver bracelet. My make up was done a little more fancier this time, since it was a party.

“Kat, are you read-” Alex stopped in my doorway. I turned to face him and when I saw the way he was staring at me, I began to blush. He took a few steps into my room and gave me a look over. “You’re so fucking gorgeous Katherine.” He said, tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear. “I love the new hair.” I smiled and laughed.

“Why thank you Alexander.” He smiled and then reached into his pocket.

“I have something I want to give you.” What?

“Alex, it’s your birthday. Not mine. So I shouldn’t be receiving anything.” I gave him a confused look.

“I know, but I can’t wait any longer.” He pulled out a necklace from his pocket and I let out a small gasp. It was so cute and simple. It was a little gem encrusted ball that was on the chain of the necklace. Alex walked around behind me and I lifted my hair up. He put the necklace around my neck and hooked it together. I let my hair down and he walked back to the front of me.

“Alex, it’s gorgeous but I can’t accept this.” I said, suddenly worrying about how much it cost him.

“You just did, Kitty Kat. It looks great on you.” He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back. I wanted to kiss him but I started hearing more people come in downstairs and it was only a matter of time before someone came wandering upstairs. “I’m going to go see who’s here. Don’t keep me waiting too long.” He winked. I nodded and he left my room.

“I love you..” I whispered to myself. I felt like I was in a dream. Jack never got me a gift at all and Alex did, despite the fact we aren’t even together. Well, technically speaking anyway. Jack and I may have only been dating for a couple of months but even Aaron gave me flowers within the time we dated. Well, I guess, in the time where he was just trying to buy me so I’d have sex with him. Either way, I still got flowers and Alex still got me something. Jack never did. I sighed and pushed the thoughts out of my head. Tonight was a celebration. Tonight was going to be fun and nothing was going to ruin that. . .I hope.

I made my way downstairs and into the crowd of teenagers that I didn’t know for the life of me. I found my way to Alex’s kitchen and smiled when I saw Jack there. “Hey, Jacky, what are you doing all alone?” I laughed.

“I was waiting for you, Kit Kat, and wow. You look amazing.” He smiled, kissing my cheek. Amazing? Why not gorgeous? Or beautiful? Alex always calls me beautiful and gorgeous. Fuck, I was doing it again. Comparing Jack to Alex.

“Thank you, Jack.” I plastered a smile on my face. He handed me a bottle of beer and I took a huge swig. It burned my throat and tasted horrible but tonight was about celebration. I was going to have a good time, damn it.

“Slow down, Kat.” Jack laughed as I finished off the beer in less than a minute. I motioned for him to get me another and he handed me my second beer of the night.

“It’s a party, Jack. It’s Alex’s party for crying out loud. I’m going to get drunk in honor of it being his birthday.” Okay, that made no sense but it sounded like it did in my head. I was a light weight so it wasn’t going to be long before I got drunk. I chugged my beer and when my lips pulled away from the bottle it was nearly gone.

“You have a completely new attitude compared to the last party. I love it!” Jack cheered, grabbing another beer for himself. “Care to dance with me?” I finished the last of my beer before grabbing another and smiling at Jack.

“I’d be honored.” I giggled. Jack grabbed my free hand and pulled me into Alex’s living room, where the space was cleared for dancing. The music was loud, the people were already drunk, and even then there were more people piling into the house. Jack and I danced for about four songs and once the fourth song was over, Alex came stumbling over to us.

“Can I danceth wiff Kat?” Alex slurred as he smiled at Jack. “As a request for da birfday boy?”

“Sure, I’m going to get another beer.” Jack smiled and kissed my temple before leaving me to dance with Alex. As if by coincidence, a slow song broke through the speakers and into the room. Alex put his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Alex was even a better dancer than Jack. We moved with perfect harmony and I felt like I was floating from how happy I was. Or maybe it was the beer. The slow song ended too soon and Jack reappeared with two beers. He handed one to me and I drank it in record time.

“Whoa,” Alex yelled over the music. “Slow down a bit.” I didn’t care to listen. I may be a light weight but as far as I could tell, I could hold down my liquor.

“They’re doing shots in the kitchen.” Jack yelled. “Want to join?” I nodded and he looked over at Alex who nodded as well. We stumbled through the crowd and into the kitchen where, as Jack said, there were people knocking back shots. Jack walked over and set up three sets of ten shot glasses on the counter. After pouring what I assumed was vodka, he stood on the table in the kitchen. “Tonight I challenge Alex Gaskarth and Katherine Evans! The first one to finish all ten shots gets to drink the rest of the bottle!” Jack jumped down and took his place at the counter. Alex and I took our places as well and I gave them both a look that I hoped said ‘I’m gonna kick your ass’.

“Okay, get ready,” Rian yelled. Rian? When did he get here? Oh well. “Set,” I smirked. “Go!” I grabbed the first shot and downed it. It burned like hell in my throat but I knew I had to keep drinking. I downed the second one, then the third, fourth, fifth…

“Katherine Evans has downed all ten of her glasses!” Zack yelled. Seriously, when did all of our friends get here into the kitchen? Zack held up my arm, like I had just won a match in wrestling. Jack and Alex looked over at me, defeated. I winked at them and cheered. If I wasn’t drunk before, I was now. I mumbled something about getting some fresh air and somehow made my way outside to Alex’s patio. I took a couple of breaths and looked at the sky. It was clear tonight and I could vaguely see some stars. The moon was visible though, and it looked gorgeous even if it was just a fraction of it.

I must have gotten lost in my own world, because ten minutes later Rian and Kara came rushing over to me.

“Kat, you have to go find Jack.” Kara told me. I looked at her, confused.

“Why?”

“He knows.” I was about to ask about what, but then it hit me. And before you ask, yes, I did tell Kara about Alex and I. She was my best girl friend, and she kept it a secret even though she knew what I was doing was wrong. I thanked her so much for that, but now it seems like it was all for nothing. “I swear, it wasn’t me who told.”

“What is going on?” Rian asked. Rian followed Kara since she looked frantic, but he had no idea about the affair.

“I have to find Jack.” I said, the words ‘he knows’ finally slapping me in the face. I ran past them, suddenly feeling sober. I dashed into the house and made my way through everyone. I couldn’t find Jack anywhere. “Zack!” I yelled as I ran over to him. “Have you seen Jack?” He shook his head and I became even more worried. I couldn’t find Alex either. I decided to look upstairs and I checked my room first. I saw Jack sitting there on my bed, looking at the floor. “Jack..” I said. He looked up from the ground and looked right into my eyes. A shiver went through my body.

“When were you going to tell me about this?” He said, no emotion in his voice.

“Whatever you were told, it isn’t true.” I tried to lie but Jack wasn’t buying it.

“That’s fucking bull Katherine!” He yelled, standing up. “I didn’t want to believe her at first, but after she showed me the picture I knew I couldn’t deny it.” Her?

“Who are you talking about, Jack? Who is ‘her’?”

“Lisa! Lisa saw you guys at the park earlier today and saw you guys kiss. She took a picture and she showed it to me.” He took a step closer and I didn’t move. “When the fuck did this happen? How long have you been fucking Alex behind my back?” He screamed. I could tell that there were people behind my back, looking in to my room from the hallway. Jack didn’t seem to notice and I tried to ignore them. “I thought you loved me, Katherine. I thought you and Alex were just friends? Why did yo-”

“Because I’m in love with him!” I yelled, cutting him off. My eyes widened, realizing what I just said in front of everyone. Jack’s face fell.

“You..what?”

“I’m in love with him.” I turned around to face the people behind me and gave them all a frightening glare. “Get the fuck out of here.” I growled. They scattered back downstairs. Jack walked past me and I tried to stop him. “Jack, wait.” I reached out for his arm.

“Fuck off, Kat.” He swatted my arm away. “I hate you. I never want to see you again.” I watched him walk down the stairs, tears forming in my eyes. Jack hated me and it was all my fault. I noticed Alex’s door was closed, so I barged in, hoping he’d be in there.

“Alex, Jack found out…” I trailed off. I couldn’t begin to fathom what I was feeling right now. Alex was in bed. Naked. With Lisa.

“You snooze, you lose. Skank.” Lisa laughed and I backed out of the room, feeling like I was going to puke. I wanted to run, but I didn’t have anywhere to go. I wanted to sleep, but I couldn’t with all the noise. I ran to the bathroom instead. I shut the door and spilled all of my insides into the toilet. When I was finally done, I wiped my face with a towel. I stood up and looked at my face in the mirror. My make up was running down my face, making me look like a clown. My eyes were red and puffy and my skin looked pale.

“Jack hates me..” I said to my reflection. “Alex.. Alex never loved me..” Alex was with Lisa. Kissing her, pleasuring her. Where was I? Crying in the bathroom, talking to myself. Alex never loved me. I was just a toy for him.

“Kat!” I heard Alex’s voice. I quickly locked the bathroom door so he couldn’t come in. “Kat!” He banged his fist on the door. “Kat, I swear it wasn’t what it looked like.” Yeah, right. I looked back at my reflection. Jack hates you. Alex never loved you. The voice was screaming at me. You’re just a filthy whore. Everything is your fault. I couldn’t shut the voices out. Aaron was right, you are an easy target. You couldn’t keep your legs shut. Slut. I tugged at my hair. “Kat!” More banging. You’re a disgrace. You deserve this. You deserve this pain. More banging and yelling. I opened the drawer where Alex kept his razors. “Katherine Evans, open this fucking door!” He kept banging on the door. I let my eyes admire how new and sharp the blades looked before I slid it against my wrist. The blood starting flowing out right away as I switched hands and slid it across the other wrist.

Yes. Nice and deep. The blood was rushing out of my body and I hoped I hit a vein. I sat down, leaning against the tub. The door flew open as my vision started to blur. “Katherine!” Alex screamed. “Katherine, please don’t close your eyes. Please stay with me. Zack, call 911!” Zack must have been the one to break the door. He was the strongest in our group. My vision was growing hazier by the second and the last thing I heard was Alex telling me to stay with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
In real life I actually love Lisa. I know she's nothing like how she is in most fan fictions.
Anywhore, Lisa is the one who told Jack. Alex ended up sleeping with her, but was it because he was drunk or was it because he was blackmailed? How could he be blackmailed if Jack already knows? Well, here's a hint. Not everyone in the school knows. Not yet. So Katherine's demons make an appearance and they seem to win. This was agonizing to write in a way. I didn't cry while writing this chapter but I could feel the emotions, if that makes any sense at all. Anyway, I'll be uploading the next chapter later today or tomorrow.
Katherine's Outfit