Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

Six Feet Under The Stars

-Jack’s POV-

I couldn’t believe what Katherine did to me. I couldn’t believe that it was Alex who she was cheating on me with. My best friend! He knew how much she meant to me. I loved her and now my heart felt like it was in two. I was walking back to my house, thankfully it was down the street, when I heard the sirens. An ambulance sped by and when I looked back, it stopped at Alex’s house. What could have happened there? I turned around and ran back to my former best friends house, suddenly worried that something happened to Katherine.

The medics were already pulling out someone to the ambulance when I finally reached the house. My eyes widened and the color was flushed from my face. I saw Katherine’s body on the gurney as they rolled it back to the ambulance. Alex ran passed me and I heard him ask if he could ride to the hospital with them, since he was drunk and couldn’t drive. I saw the medics be reluctant at first but they gave in after seeing that Alex wasn’t going to give up.

Once they left, I sprinted as fast as I could back to my house. I hurried inside just to grab my keys and as fast as I went in, I was back outside. I was sober enough to drive, or at least I hoped. I sped to the hospital, making it there in one piece. I ran inside and saw Alex sitting in one of the chairs. He was looking down to the ground and I could hear small cries coming from him.

“Alex,” He looked up as I said his name. “What happened?” I asked frantically.

“Shouldn’t you hate me or something?” He asked coldly. I frowned.

“I am super pissed off at you but that can wait until after I know Katherine is okay.” I sighed. I didn’t hate Alex. I only hated what he did.

“She locked herself in the bathroom after she found me in bed with Lisa. I had Zack break the door open and I found her there with blood spewing from her wrists. She tried to kill herself, Jack.” He looked even paler than two minutes ago, if that was even possible. “It’s all my fault.” Katherine tried to kill herself. She tried to kill herself and now she was in the emergency room fighting for her life.

“It’s both of our faults.” I sighed, sitting next to Alex. He looked at me, confused. “I told her I hated her and that I never wanted to see her again. She must have found you after that.”

“I fucked up royally. With you and with her.” Alex said, burying his face into his hands. “I know saying sorry won’t cut it, so I won’t say it. I knew she was your girlfriend and I still went after her.” I didn’t bother replying. We sat in silence for a while, each moment that passed more agonizing than the last.

“Sir?” Our heads shot up. A doctor was standing in front of us and Alex was the one who spoke.

“Is Katherine okay?” He asked, anxiety flowing from his body. The doctor nods and I finally breathe in relief.

“She is going to be just fine. She needed a blood transfusion and some stitches, and we will have to keep her overnight for observation, but she will be fine.” Alex sighed in relief and asked if we could see her. “She isn’t awake yet, but you may go in and see her.” He nodded and I got up. We followed the doctor to Katherine’s room and he let us be alone.

“Oh my God,” I said. She looked so pale and weak. “Katherine…” I stood next to her bed. “Why would you do this to yourself?”

“Because we’re horrible people who made her feel like shit.” Alex said. “It’s been so long since she’s felt that way, Jack. So fucking long. We messed her up. We fucked up.” He was crying again and I couldn’t help but shed a tear. My girlfriend, well ex girlfriend, was in this hospital bed after almost losing her life. Because of me. If I hadn’t said I hated her, she may not have been in this situation. “Jack, I know what you’re doing. I’m at fault for this too, so don’t blame yourself for all of it. Even if you hadn’t said you hated her, she would have found me in bed with Lisa. She still could have gone off.” Alex was right. I could have just broken up with her without saying those three words and she might still have gone off the rails after seeing Alex with Lisa.

“I know, but I was the one who made her upset in the first place.” I ran my fingers through my hair out of stress. “Why were you in bed with Lisa anyway?” I saw Alex tense up.

“She’s such a manipulative bitch. She threatened to tell the whole school about Kat and I if I didn’t sleep with her. I had no idea that she told you first. She has proof that I was with Katherine.” Alex sighed.

“I know, she showed me. Do you think she’s going to tell the school anyway? A few people already know…” I trailed off. He looked at me surprised.

“What? How?”

“A few people witnessed the scene where I broke up with her.” I said, embarrassed. Alex groaned.

“Well, I told them to cover her up with a blanket at least when they got her out of the house. I didn’t want anyone seeing her wrists.” That was really smart of Alex. People were already going to be talking about how she cheated on me and if they found out she tried to kill herself then things would get really bad really fast. “I just wish I could take back what I did.” Me too, Alex. Me too.

-Katherine’s POV-

I was slowly coming into consciousness when I heard voices.

“A few people witnessed the scene where I broke up with her.” Jack? What was he doing here? I heard another person talk but I couldn’t make out what they said.

“I just wish I could take back what I did.” Alex was here too? Why the fuck were these guys in my room? I just wanted to sleep. My eyes fluttered open and I saw the white tile ceiling. I wasn’t in my room. I tried sitting up, which got Alex’s and Jack’s attention.

“Kat, take it easy!” Alex said, helping me sit up.

“Relax Asskarth, I’m fine. I just wanted to sit up. Why am I in the hospital?” I saw Jack glancing at my wrists and I looked down at them. It was all coming back to me now. Jack saying he hates me, finding Lisa in bed with Alex. I tried killing myself. “How am I alive?” I asked, feeling stupid. I could of sworn when I blacked out that was it. I was finally gone.

“I had Zack call 911. They gave you a blood transfusion, stitched up your wrists and now you’re here in bed.” Alex said. “I’m so fucking glad you’re okay, Kat.” I could tell that he had been crying. “I promise to explain everything when we get home tomorrow.” I knew what he meant by that. He was going to tell me why he was in bed with Lisa. I really didn’t want to hear it though, but I knew I didn’t have a choice.

“I was worried sick, so I followed after Alex left in the ambulance with you. In case you were wondering.” Jack said. I looked at him and frowned.

“I thought you hated me.”

“I could never hate you, Kat. I was just mad. I’m still furious but I don’t hate you and I’m sorry I ever said that to you.” Knowing that Jack didn’t actually hate me made me feel a little bit better. Though, I wanted to know about Lisa and Alex now.

“Jack, could you leave the room for a minute? I need to talk to Alex.” I looked at him with begging eyes. He nodded and exited the room. I looked back to Alex, who was sitting in a chair next to my bed. “Alex, tell me why you were in bed with Lisa. Now.”

“I swear I wouldn’t have done it if it was under any other circumstance.” He sighed.

“That doesn’t answer my question, Lex.”

“She was blackmailing me. She told me she would put the picture up all over school and tell everyone about you and me if I didn’t have sex with her. I had no idea that she had already told Jack, and I didn’t want him getting hurt so I agreed. I guess it doesn’t matter now because everyone is going to know by Monday. I’m so sorry Katherine. I know that doesn’t help at all, but if I could take it back I would.” His eyes were filled with tears and I could see how sincere he was about this. “I love you, Katherine Evans, and I will do everything in my power to make it up to you.”

“How do I know you really love me? We had sex last night and then tonight you were in bed with Lisa. You know how that made me feel, Alex? It made me feel used. Like I was just some toy for you to play with. I gave you all of my heart and you decided to smash it into the ground.” I said, tears forming in my eyes. “You made me feel beautiful and loved but now I just feel used and played.” I couldn’t hold them back anymore, so I just let the tears fall. “How can I ever trust you again? How ca-” His lips were on mine in an instant, cutting off my voice.

“Because you love me, Katherine.” He said pulling away. “You love me enough to let me earn your trust back.” He kissed me again. “I love you so much, Kat. I will do anything to be with you and to have your trust again.” I already trusted him again. He could hurt me until I was dead from heartbreak and I would trust him again. I would still love him even if he tore me apart.

“I trust you.” I whispered. He looked at me, dead in the eyes.

“What did you just say?”

“I said I trust you, Alex.” His eyes lit up and a smile spread across his face. He reached over and gave me an awkward hug.

“I promise I will make up for this Katherine. I swear that I won’t betray your trust again.” He kissed my forehead and I wondered if I just made the right choice.

-

I was released from the hospital the next day and luckily for me, Alex had brought a change of clothes that I could change into. After getting back to Alex’s house, I was greeted with hugs from everyone. Peter, Isobel, Zack, Rian and Kara. Jack wasn’t there, which made me a little disappointed but I could understand him not wanting to be around me right now. Or Alex for that matter.

“Oh honey, please never scare us like that again. When Alex called us saying you were in the hospital, we rushed home as soon as we could. I’m just so glad you’re okay.” Isobel cried. I hugged her tightly.

“I’m sorry for worrying you so much, Isobel. Everything just happened so fast and I messed up. I’m going to do better.” She smiled at me and Peter hugged me as well before they left to their room upstairs. The rest of us ended up hanging out in Alex’s basement. I was cuddled into Alex’s side with his arm around me when Rian asked the question everyone was dying to know the answer to.

“So are you guys a thing now?” Alex and I looked at each other, trying to find an answer.

“Uh, well I guess it’s up to Katherine. Jack and her just broke up so I don’t know if she needs time to deal with that or something.” Alex said, looking at me. I just gave him a small smile and buried my face into the curve of his neck.

“If Alex wants to be a thing, then yeah. I’m his girlfriend.” I said, my face probably as pink as a flamingo.

“Really?” Alex smiled.

“Yes Alex, really.” I smiled back and he kissed my forehead.

“Awe, that’s so cute.” Kara chimed in. When I told her about Alex and I, she was so happy. She had always thought that him and I would be cute together.

“So will you actually start coming to see us practice?” Zack asked.

“Not sure. Jack is in the band so it might be weird at first.” I said, frowning.

“Don’t worry about Jack, babe. Ignore him and focus on my sexy ass.” Alex laughed and I rolled my eyes. What a dork. “Speaking of the band, I have an idea for a song.” We all looked at him.

“What is it about?” I asked.

“You and I, my dear. I have an idea of where it could go but I need help writing it. You promised you would write with me one day, so will you help me?” I nodded.

“Of course I will.”

-

“Meet me on Thames Street
I’ll take you out, though I’m hardly worth your time
In the cold you look so fierce, but I’m warm enough
Because the tension’s like a fire, we’ll hit
South Broadway in a matter of minutes
And like a bad movie, I’ll drop a line
Fall in the grave that I’ve been digging myself
But there’s room for two
Six feet under the stars.”

Alex’s voice was dreamy. I could listen to him sing all day, every day for the rest of my life. I loved how far the song was coming. Alex had told me it was about us, but also saying six feet under stars is a place that doesn't exist. It's a place in your mind where everything and anything is possible. It's a place with no rules or limitations. It's a place where only two people can be at a time where no one can judge them and no one can try to break them apart. Obviously the lyrics “meet me on Thames street” was about our secret date. It had felt like nothing could break us apart that day. That nothing could ruin the world we had built together.

“This song is so good, Alex. We make a great team.” We high fived and I laid back onto his bed. We had written the whole song in just two hours and I was proud of us.

“It’s an amazing song, written by an amazing girl.” Alex said, laying next to me.

“Half written.” I pointed out. He shrugged and I cuddled up into his side. I always felt safe around Alex. He has become my rock over the few months that I’ve known him and I was hopelessly in love with the goof. He was really the best in every way possible. He always made sure I was happy. Today, he made sure that everyone was careful with my arms and always made sure that I wasn’t in any pain from my wrists. I kept taking Advil, which helped a lot, and kept pressure off of my wrists. The stitches hurt like a bitch, but I deserved it for being so stupid. This was the price I paid.

“I love you, Katherine.” He said, moving my head so that his lips could connect with mine. His kiss always gave me a zoo running around in my stomach. I kissed him back with as much passion as I could muster. His tongue licked my bottom lip, begging for entrance. As much as I wanted to escalate this, I was in no condition to. I pulled away, just to be confronted with a pouting Alex.

“I’m sorry Lex, not tonight. I want to wait until my wrists are all healed up to do anything.” I knew that if I had given his tongue entrance, that I would be naked within minutes. I would have been sleeping with Alex. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted to have sex with Alex so badly, but with my wrists all fucked up I didn’t want to risk hurting them in any way.

“It’s alright, Kat. I understand.” He kissed my forehead. “Besides, I think we’ve both had enough action and drama for the weekend. We’ll save it for a different time.” I nodded.

“I love you a lot, Alex.” I said, curling back into his side.

“I love you more.” He said. We laid in a comfortable silence for the next hour. I felt myself drifting in and out of sleep so when I woke up for probably the third time, I got up and told Alex I was going to bed.

“Why can’t you stay here with me?” He whined. “I want Kat’s cuddles.”

“I can’t risk hurting my wrists by you rolling onto them or by me putting any pressure on them at all. I love you, Alex. I’ll see you in the morning okay?”

“Fine. I love you too. Sleep tight.” He smiled at me before laying back down. I walked the short distance to my room, closed the door and sank into my bed. I let the sleep wash over me gratefully. I didn’t know how much I really needed it until the next day because I was met with a lot of stares walking through the doors of Dulaney.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking a while to update. I was sick with a cold and didn't feel like writing but I'm feeling a lot better now so here is the new chapter.
so the chapter started out pretty good but then it just got worse and I don't know why I blame myself idk. So yeah, Katherine is just fine. Kalex is a thing :D Sorry for the horribleness near the end of the chapter though. So Katherine is in for an interesting/terrifying day at school. I guess Lisa went ahead and told everyone everything. Such a gossip whore.