Status: In The Works c:

Oh, Calamity

Call Me A Name, Kill Me With Words

“Alex! Wake up or we’re going to be late!” I yelled as I threw my black long sleeved sweater on. I hurried to put on my All Stars and put my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my bag and walked across the hall to Alex’s door. “Hurry up, Alex. I’ll make bacon if you’re out in five minutes.” I said loud enough for him to hear. The mention of bacon always got him up and running. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen so I could put some bacon into the microwave. A couple minutes later, Alex was downstairs all dressed and ready to go.

“I can never resist bacon.” He laughed as I pulled the bacon out of the microwave. I put three slices on one napkin and handed it to him before putting the other three onto my own napkin. We headed out the door, munching on the greasy goodness.

“Alex, I’m kind of scared.” I admitted as we grew closer and closer to the school. I could feel my hands begin to shake and my heart was beating faster. Alex wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple.

“You’re going to be okay, Kitty Kat. You have me to look after you.” I calmed down as he spoke those words. He was right, I was going to be okay. Or, that’s what I believed for those few minutes. We walked inside Dulaney and we were met with a lot of stares from a lot of students. I squeezed Alex’s hand, feeling anxious once more. He squeezed back and we walked down the hall towards the locker rooms. I could hear whispers from every angle.

“I heard she slept with Jack and then with Alex the next night.”

“What a whore.”

“She’s such a slut.”

“Why is Alex with her anyway? She’s nothing but a skank.” By the time we reached the locker rooms, Alex was pissed. He turned around and gave everyone a glare. If looks could kill, they would all be dead.

“Do you guys really have nothing better to do than to bully someone? I’m sure all of you have made mistakes and have done shit you aren’t proud of!” Some students cringed at his words. “Stop calling my girlfriend names, and stop believing in everything you fucking hear!” He turned back towards me and kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you in the gym, okay? Change quickly and get in there.” I nodded and we both hurried into our respective locker rooms. Alex stood up for me in front of all of those people. He really was the best. I changed quickly and was about to close my locker when I heard someone talking to me.

“So who are you going to fuck this week? Rian? Maybe Aaron?” I turned away from my locker to find Cassie and another girl, Brooke I think her name was. Brooke giggled.

“Or maybe she’ll just screw the entire football team.” Alex wasn’t here to stand up for me now. I had to find the confidence to do it myself. I felt my hands shake, and when I spoke I couldn’t recognize my voice.

“You do realize you’re just making false accusations right?” I said coldly. “As far as I’m concerned, I’ve only had sex with one person. No where in the definitions of a slut or whore does it say that sleeping with a guy while dating another makes you a slut or whore. As far as I’m concerned, you girls are the sluts here.”

“What did you just say?” Cassie glared.

“By definition, you’re a slut if you have many casual sexual partners. A whore is a girl who has sex with people for money. I slept with one guy who I love. As far as what I know about you guys… well by definition, you guys are sluts.” I smirked. “It’s not hard to get information at this school you know. Pretty much everyone knows that you,” I looked to Cassie. “Have slept with at least half the guys here. And you,” I looked to Brooke. “Have slept with the other half. I’ve only slept with one guy. Who are the skanks now bitches?” I slammed my locker shut, glad that I changed before they arrived at my locker. I walked into the gym and sat next to Alex who was already sitting on the floor.

“Any drama in the locker room?” Lex asked. Was there ever. My hands were still shaking and I honestly couldn’t believe I had stood up for myself like that just now. I felt invincible; like I could do anything and that nothing could hurt me.

“Yeah, but I handled it.” I smiled.

“You didn’t punch anyone did you?”

“I wouldn’t be in here if I had, now would I?” I laughed and he smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right.” From the corner of my eye I could see Cassie and Brooke glaring at me. I ignored them. If I could stand up to them, I could stand up to everyone.

-

“I swear if I hear one more person call you a whore, slut or a skank I will kick their ass. Guy or girl.” Alex huffed as he sat down with his lunch at our table. I rubbed his back and he seemed to calm down a little.

“Lex, it’s fine. All of us know that those names that they’re calling me isn’t true.” I smiled. I ended up telling off anyone who called me anything the past few classes and people were starting to back off.

“Kat’s right, dude,” Rian said. “We know that she isn’t any of those things and even if she were a whore, literally, we wouldn’t judge her or leave her.” I smiled at Rian, glad to know that he would still have my back even if these things were true.

“Thanks Rian, that means a lot.” I said. I rested my head on Alex’s shoulder and he kissed my forehead. “Has anyone seen Jack today?”

“I haven’t seen him.” Kara said.

“I don’t think he came to school. If he did, he’s clearly avoiding Kat and Alex.” Rian shook his head. “Hopefully he doesn’t go off on someone.”

“Why would he?” I asked.

“Because he still cares about you even if he says he doesn’t.” Kara sighed. “He may act like he doesn’t but deep down he does. It’s just the way Jack is. Whenever Alex and Jack would fight, Jack would avoid him and ignore him, but if Alex was in trouble then he would step up and help him.” I nodded.

“Jack cares too much. It’s just how he is.” Kara said. “I wouldn’t worry about it too much though. He’ll come around eventually.”

“I just hope he doesn’t go off on someone like Rian said.” I frowned at the thought of Jack yelling at an innocent person or hurting someone just because he’s upset. It wasn’t him and I don’t think any of us wanted him to be that person. We ate in silence until the end of lunch and Alex walked me to my next class.

“Are you going to be okay?” He said, touching my arm lightly.

“I’ll be fine, Lex.” I smiled. “I can take on whatever they bring me.” Alex gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead.

“Okay, Kitty Kat. I’m just a text away if you need a prince to swoop in and save you.” He kissed my lips quickly and walked away so he could get to class on time. Butterflies flew in my stomach just like all the other times when he kissed me. I walked into my classroom and once again, people stared and whispered. Ignoring them I walked to the back and sat in my desk.

“How does it feel knowing you’re the talk of the school?” Casey. I looked up at her standing in front of my desk and smiled.

“Are you jealous? I know how much you love attention. I guess that’s why your boobs are always hanging out of your shirts.” She pursed her lips.

“Me? Jealous of you? Please.” She scoffed. “As if I would be jealous of a skank.” She said loud enough for others to turn around and listen in.

“Says the girl who has slept with the entire football and basketball team.” I said, giving a laugh. I heard a few ‘ooh’s’ and ‘damn’s before Casey got frustrated.

“Yeah, well,” She spat. “Fuck you, slut.” I couldn’t help but laugh as she walked away. She didn’t deny what I said and when you do that along with walking away frustrated, it’s a sure sign that it’s true. How did I know about her sleeping with those guys? Well, a little birdy whose name rhymes with rack told me.

I managed to get through the last few classes of the day and I bolted from my seat after the last bell rang. I hurried to the front of the school and waited for Alex.

“Hey babe,” Alex said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled and turned my head slightly so his lips could meet mine.

“You guys are so gross.” I heard Kara say as she came up to us, hand in hand with Rian.

“You can’t talk, Kara!” Alex laughed. “You’re just as bad as us with Rian.” She blushed and the rest of us laughed. Today may not have been the greatest but it sure as hell wasn’t horrible. I was really glad to have these guys in my life and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHMYGOSH GUYS IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE I'VE BEEN BUSY LATELY OR TIRED AND NOT HOME AND LIKE AHHHH IM SORRY
This chapter kind of sucks, but the next one will be better. WARNING. the next chapter will have a time skip. It will skip two weeks so it will be around New Years.
Katherine's Outfit