Status: This is the first walking dead fic I've written, so please leave feedback if you have the time: ) thank you

Arrow to the Side

Dinner

Dinner was a fairly relaxed affair. People seemed to come, get what they wanted, have a quick chat and go. Everyone seemed friendly, or mostly everyone. There was that one guy with the shaved head that kept shooting her dirty looks. She refused to let him get to her. There was always that one asshole in every group that was never happy. Ah, well, c'est la vie.

Rick introduced her to a few people and Anna was surprised to find that they had a kid with them. She had been given a slight rundown on how the group had gotten here but didn't realize before how big the group was. A girl named Beth came and sat down next to her and handed her a plate of some sort of meat. Squirrel, she guessed. Beth was incredibly friendly to her and she eventually came to find that she was Hershel's daughter. After making friends Beth exclaimed that she had to go help her sister with something and promptly left with a friendly little wave.

It was then that Anna realized she didn't know what had happened to Daryl. She decided to go ask Rick. She eventually found him leaning on a truck having a very heated discussion with Shaved Head Guy. She decided not to interrupt and hid behind a tree.

"Look, man, I'm just saying that we both know how low the chances are that we will find Sophia. We both know that we are looking for a body now... Or a walker." It was Shaved Head speaking.

"Shane, Don't say that. That's sick." Ricks voice sounded distraught and angry.

"I'll say that because it's true. You know that I wish we had found Sophia, But that's it. I wish we had, and we haven't."

Apparently Rick had heard enough and walked away. Not that she could blame him. She barely knew the guy and she already wanted to punch him in the jaw. The guy was repulsive speaking that way about a kid. Anna was realistic, she knew that their chances of finding the kid were slim but it was the way Shane said it. She Shuddered involuntarily.

Anyway, she knew she couldn't ask Rick now so she went off to find Lori, Ricks wife. She didn't know the woman well, but they had been introduced.

"Hey ,Lori?"

The woman looked up from her laundry.

"Yes?"

"Do you know what happened to Daryl? I feel kinda bad for not even checking up on the guy."

Lori gave her a strange look like she thought he was mad.

"He's up in the house, I don't really know whats happening but he should be okay I think. Why don't you ask Rick?"

She thought for a quick second. She didn't want to end up keeping secrets but something made her hold back from telling Lori about Ricks conversation with Shane. She didn't want to sound like a stalker, anyways.

"I can't find him" She lied smoothly.

"Well I'm afraid I can't help right now. But I'll let you know If I hear anything."

"Okay, thanks."

The night was getting dark and she realized that she needed to find somewhere to sleep.
She didn't have a tent because she usually slept up in a tree but that didn't seem to be an option.
She decided to just sit by the fire and deal with it later. If it came to it she would just sleep in the shed.

Eventually Andrea came and sat next to her. She knew her by name purely because she had been the one to shoot Daryl. She could see that the woman was tearing herself apart with guilt over it, though, so she didn't hold too much against her.

"Do you have anywhere to sleep tonight?"

"Not really, I was thinking about just setting in the shed if I won't be here for a while."

"You can stay in my tent for tonight if you like. I might as well try to do some good today."

Anna gave her a sympathetic smile.

"That would be nice. If you really don't mind."

"Of course not. Just don't stab me in my sleep or anything 'cause that would be a major downer." The women chuckled together and spent the rest of the evening chatting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback, feedback, feedback! please : )