I'm Still Here

Chapter 3

I sat there in silence all lunch. All my friends talked to Jessica getting to know her and I just sat there. What if she was trying to take Jack away from me? What would I do if she went through with it? What would I do if Jack fell for it and just left me in the dust? Then what would I do? How would I handle myself? I didn't know what I would do if any of those things happened. But one thing that I did know was I was going to try my best to make it so that it didn't.

I was in mid-thought when my friend, Dylan asked me a question. "What?" I asked I hadn't heard what she said because of my thoughts. Dylan laughed a little. "What are you doing this weekend. I'm thinking about throwing a party." I looked around at my friends staring at me waiting for me to reply. I just shrugged I didn't know what I was doing, so I just shrugged. Dylan nodded "Well if you can it's gonna be Friday night, at 8. Hope to see you there?" I nodded "If I can." And with that the bell to go to next period rang. I gathered my stuff and stood up.

As I was walking off Jack grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him. He seemed a little concerned. "Hey, whats up your normally more, well talkative at lunch."

I shrugged. "Oh it nothing I'm fine." I really thought I was fine I didn't think that anything was up.

"Promise?" Jack asked holding up his pinky finger.

I pinky promised with a smile on my face. "promise"