Betrayed

Crossroads

Chapter 4
Crossroads
~October's P.O.V.~
As my eyes opened, I looked around the room I was in. The room was dark red with black curtains, the bedding was black with red pillows & a big red comforter, & the carpet was black. I didn't recognize where I was. But then I remembered what had happened the night before.
"Shit." I thought to myself throwing my head back down on my pillow. Then I heard a soft knock on the door.
"Can I come in?" I heard a voice say.
"Yeah, go ahead." I replied, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. When the bedroom door opened, my eyes widened. I had stayed with Zacky Vengeance last night.
"Did you sleep well?" he asked me, walking over to the curtains to open them.
"Yeah. This bed is super comfy." I chuckled, sitting up.
"I love that bed. It's pretty nice." he sat on the edge of the bed & looked out the window. I looked over at him & I couldn't help thinking about how good looking he was. He was wearing a red & black plaid unbuttoned shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows over a white t shirt, black beat up skinny jeans, & some red & black Converse sneakers. His hair was neatly combed, too.
"So, nothing happened last night, did it?" I asked him, slightly worried.
"No, no. We dropped your friend off at your house & then we went to the pier, had a beer, came back here & went to sleep." he assured me.
"I just don't remember drinking as much as I did. I don't get that drunk that often." I chuckled, nervously.
"It's fine, really. Well, are you ready for me to take you home?"
"Yeah. That sounds good. I'm sure Amy's wondering where I'm at." We left soon after & he drove me home. The ride was mostly quiet except for the low music on the radio. Once he pulled into my driveway, I looked over at him.
"Thanks. I really appreciate it." I told him.
"Yeah, no problem." I got out of the car & then I looked back at him.
"Bye, Zack." I waved, walking up to my door. He waved back, sat there for a few seconds, just staring at me, then drove away.
~Zacky's P.O.V.~
I had just dropped October off when my phone started ringing. It was Brian. Shit.
"So, did you fuck her?" he asked me.
"Well yeah. That was the bet, wasn't it?" I chuckled.
"Is she still there?"
"No, I just dropped her off."
"She stayed with you last night?"
"Yeah. I wasn't gonna fuck her & then make her go home. Besides, we did it again when we woke up." I lied.
"You little animal. Maybe you're not so much of a wussbag anyway."
"Gee, thanks." I sighed.
"Well, I suppose I'll pay up when I see you later today. We're all going to Matt & Val's for some drinks later. You game?"
"Brian, really? You already know the answer to that question." I laughed. Once I reached my house, I went inside & sat on my couch. I turned on the tv to see what was on & flipping through the channels, I started thinking about October. Her eyes were the perfect shade of green, her hair was blonde & came down to her shoulders, she was skinny, but it was a healthy looking skinny. She was so interesting, but yet, I didn't really know much about her. Shaking off the thought of her, I turned off the tv & went to go find my guitar. I sat down in my bedroom on the edge of my bed & started strumming a few chords. Her face drifted slowly into my mind again. What the fuck is going on here? Seriously. I couldn't stop thinking about her. This wasn't good. Especially if Brian found out. He'd go bat shit crazy. I figured if I didn't say anything to him or anyone else about it, I'd forget about her. Then I wouldn't have anything to worry about anymore. Hours passed & I decided to start heading over to Matt & Val's. I put on my Night Of The Living Dead t shirt, black skinny jeans, & my red & black Converse shoes. I combed my hair neatly again & was ready to head out the door. Pulling into their driveway, I parked my car behind Brian's.
"Vengeance is back!" Rev shouted, running towards me with open arms.
"Hey, dude." I laughed as he picked me up & spun me around.
"Everyone is in the backyard. Come on." Rev chuckled, setting me down.
"Vengeance, my man. What's up bro?" Johnny smiled, looking over at me.
"Hey, guys." I waved, walking towards the group.
"So what happened?" Matt asked me, handing me a beer.
"With what?" I replied, confused. They all looked at me, knowingly.
"Zack. Really? Come on, man. Spill it."Johnny chuckled, sipping his beer.
"Oh, that. It was great. We took a cab to the pier, had a beer, went back to my place, I charmed her, & let's just say that things escalated from there." I lied.
"So you really did, didn't you?" Valary asked me.
"Yeah. Brian & I bet on it." I told her, feeling pathetic, but trying not to let it show. Valary just glared at both of us.
"You know, that's really awful. You can't go doing that to these girls." she said.
"Val, come on. We're rock stars now." Brian piped up.
"Yeah, but that's still not right. You're taking advantage of your fans." she argued. Matt just gave her a look that said, 'let it go'. Matt knew how stubborn Brian could be sometimes. We sat around drinking for a while & at sunset, Matt made a small bonfire & we all dragged some chairs to sit around it.
"Johnny, throw me some cigarettes." I shouted to him across the yard. He searched his pockets, started looking around him, then he saw his pack on the table. He threw them to me & then threw me his lighter once he was done lighting his cigarette. I pulled out a cigarette, lit it, & watched the flames in the fire as I inhaled the grey smoke into my lungs.
"Red is the new black! Pink is not the new black! Red is like I told them!" Brian slurred his words, sitting in his chair.
"I agree good sir. Cheers to that." Rev grinned, clinking his bottle with Brian's.
"Hell yeah bro." Brian slurred.
"How much do you think he's had?" I asked Rev.
"Enough." Rev said, looking at me.
"Yeah, if he has anymore, well, we all know what happens then." I replied, taking the last drag off of my cigarette & flicking it into the fire.
~October's P.O.V.~
I walked into Amy's & she was sitting on the couch, watching tv.
"Where were you? What happened last night?" she asked me, turning around to face me.
"Well, you got way too drunk, Zacky Vengeance came over to our table, started talking to me, asked me to go down to the pier with him, we dropped you off here, I tucked you in, we went to the pier, had a beer, & I slept at his house. He just dropped me off back here." I explained.
"Did you sleep or did you do the dirty deed?" she winked at me.
"No. No, nothing happened. I was just a little too drunk & his place was closer so he let me crash there for the night. That was it."
"He's pretty sexy, huh?" she nudged me as I sat down beside her.
"Fine, yeah. He is quite good looking." I grinned, sheepishly.
"No kiss? No nothing?"
"Amy, no. We just talked on the pier, had a drink, went back to his place, I slept in his guest bedroom, & he slept in his bedroom. That was it. No more, no less."
"Ugh, I'd have jumped all over that." she sighed.
"Yeah, well, I'm not looking to do that anytime soon. I'm fine where I'm at right now. I don't want to talk about this. I'm going to go eat something." I said, frustrated. I walked into the kitchen & started making myself some bacon & eggs. As I sat down at the table, my phone rang alerting me that I had a text. It was Wil.
"Hey." he texted.
"What?"
"Can we talk?"
"Yeah, sure."
"Really? :-)" he texted.
"No! Ha ha ha. Seriously? I told you. I'm done. Get lost."
"October, please." I didnt reply back to him. Maybe if I quit talking to him long enough, he'd leave me alone & take the hint. Then my mind turned to Zacky. He was really cute & he seemed so lonely. But he had a girlfriend. He had to have a girlfriend. With his good looks & him being a rock star, I'm sure there was a special girl in his life. I pushed him out of my thoughts & went about my day as usual.
"You do realize your stuff is still over here right? You can't avoid me forever." Wil texted me later that day. Damn. Still, I didn't say anything. As much as I hated to admit that he was right, he was. I couldn't avoid him forever & I really needed to get my things out of his apartment.