Status: keeping this alive!

Dreams Only Last for a Night

Chapter Five

17 year old Jack stumbled across the hallway of the rowdy house, his mind clouded with alcohol. He had to navigate through the party crowd to go to a bloody bathroom, and Jack was already shoved twice. He had to stick to the walls to support him through the labyrinth of drunk teenagers.

Jack wasn't sure why he agreed to go to the party, he didn't fit in with the scene. That average kid with a little bit of weird certainly didn't fit here. It was probably how convincing his classmate, Jim was to Jack about this party. Whatever, it doesn't matter since I am here, Jack thought.

He went up the stairs, step by step, struggling to not trip and fall over. Jack, to be honest, didn't really know where he was heading, he was just exploring the house with an intoxicated mind.

He accidentally bumped into somebody at the top of the stairs and Jack cried out loud.

"Watch it-" the person he bumped into sounded awfully familiar.

"Oh, hey there Lex." Jack replied, giving him a salute.

"Stop saying that gay nickname to me, you little asswipe."

Jack rolled his eyes, before turning away. He was grabbed by the shoulder, and spun around to face Alex. The raven haired boy wasn't sure on why his heart was thumping to the extent, the music pumping around the party faded away to make way for his accelerated heartbeat.

"Kiss me, Jack." the older boy smiled, before slamming Jack against the wall and pressing his lips against the younger boy's.

It seemed everything went into slow-mo, as Alex's soft lips met with Jack's chapped ones. Jack kissed back, closing his eyes, ignoring the remarks of party goers passing by such as, "Go get a room." or "Stupid fags.". Jack didn't mind, he was finally kissing Alex, and nothing else mattered.

As the caramel haired boy pulled away, he gave a goofy grin and blew Jack a kiss, before he strolled off to the bedrooms. Jack wanted to run after him, but he was still rooted to the spot, butterflies churning in his stomach. He grazed his lips, still in disbelief Alex Gaskarth just made out with him.

Jack spotted his reflection in the a decorative mirror across him, and he stepped towards it. He touched the mirror with his fingertip, and his 17-year-old self melted away to be somebody else.

An older Alex Gaskarth, his face streaked with tears and reaching out of the mirror.

"Jack!" He wailed out, his voice strained. "We made a promise!"

His hands slipped out, and pulled Jack in.

Jack was in a dark room, he can't see anything. He hears soft crying, which then turned to sobbing and eventually turned
to wailing. Then somebody spoke up.

"You promised, Jack." the voice taunted, sounding like Alex. "You fucking bastard."

Jack didn't reply, but the voice didn't stop.

"What kind of best friend are you?" it continued. "I loved you, Barakat!"

Suddenly the lights switched on, and Jack was sitting on the chair. Across him, was also... Jack, but a younger person, not who is today. The other Jack smiled at the older Jack and looked up to the light.

"I love you too, Gaskarth."

That was when Jack woke up from his dream, in his elderly body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh okay, I suck at writing this, but I love it. I'm sorry if I still haven't uploaded a photo for my story, but I haven't got around to editing it so, I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)