Status: keeping this alive!

Dreams Only Last for a Night

Chapter Five (Part 2)

"Were you part of All Time Low as crew or band members?" the advertisement spelled out on the newspaper.

"Please contact Rian Dawson for reunion details."

When Jack saw this in the newspaper, he could have jumped for joy. Finally there was a light at the end of the tunnel for this. Jack retrieved his battered phone and dialed in the numbers, breathing heavily as the line rings.

"Hello?" an old male voice answered the line.

"Is this Rian Dawson?" Jack inquired, sitting at the edge of his seat, unconciously playing with the loose threads on his shirt.

"You know Jack, it may be 30 years since we last talked, but you still sound the same." Rian laughed.

Jack couldn't help but laugh along, he missed Rian, and his hearty laugh was one of the little things he missed about the drummer. They filled in about each other's lives and talked about the old days. As much Jack was ecstatic about talking to Rian, he was anxious to know whether he has already traced Alex.

"So..." Jack dragged on the line, his voice nervous. "Who have you found?"

"Everybody else, except you and Alex." Rian answered. "Now we are left just Alex for the reunion."

Jack felt his heart sink, when he heard that Alex hasn't been contacted yet. He ran his hands through his white hair in frustration.

"So, what are you going to do for the reunion?"

Rian explained that it was just going to be a get together, nothing too extravagant for a well needed gathering. Although that, it was going to be held at a 5-star hotel in the city.

When they hung up, Jack pulled out the scrapbook from underneath his pillow. He flipped to the last page, and read Alex's wish multiple times till every single stroke was etched into Jack's ageing mind. He slammed the book shut as he heard the front door open from downstairs and cheerful voice filled the house.

Jack plastered on a smile as shut his bedroom door behind him and headed downstairs to greet Amelia and Beatrice.

Jack needed to find Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello! another chapter heh. hope you enjoyed it! :) (sorry if don't write long chapters, i suck at it ok)