Disconnected

16

“I’m so excited!” I yelled into the phone as I got dressed for the day.

“I’m so proud of you, babe.” Luke replied, yawning. “I can’t wait to hear the song when it’s done. Then I can brag that my girlfriend helped write an All Time Low song!’

I laughed, running a brush through my hair.

“Don’t get too ahead of yourself, who knows if they’ll end up liking it.”

“Abby, of course they’ll like it.”

I sighed, biting my lip.

“Okay, I have to go. I’ll call you later, Lu.”

“Alright. Bye, darling! Have fun!”

I hung up the phone and bounded down the stairs excitedly, ready to help write with All Time Low. When I got to the studio, I walked into the room and Alex got up, grinning as he embraced me in a hug.

“Abby! How are you, love?”

I felt my cheeks flush.

“I’m great, Alex, how are you?”

“I’m awesome now that you’re here to help with our writer’s block.” He looped his arm through mine and led me over to where Jack was sitting.

“Abby, this is Jack. Jack, this is Abby.”

“Hey, Abby, I’ve heard so much about you!”

I wanted to pinch myself. My favorite band in the entire world knew about my existence. Immediately, I tried to snap myself into professional mode.

“Okay, let’s see this song.” I clapped. The two mean smiled as we sat down to pen the song.

Half an hour later, the song was finished, and we were all buzzing with excitement.

“I’m so happy we did this!” Alex exclaimed. “You need to write more songs with us, girl.”
I blushed, and Jack slung an arm around me.

“Yeah, let those 5 Seconds Of Summer boys fend for themselves. They don’t need you!”

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“I’m pretty sure they do need me actually. I mean, I’m the only one who can get those hyper idiots focused.”

Alex and Jack laughed, just as Alex’s phone started ringing with a facetime call on the table, Ashton’s name flashing across the screen.

“Speak of the devil.” Alex mumbled before opening the call, seeing all 4 boys on the screen.

“Hey dickheads.” Jack greeted, laughing as he casually squeezed my shoulder with the arm that was still draped around me. I rolled my eyes and shoved him off me, giggling.

“Hey, losers. Just wanted to make sure you’re treating my cousin okay.” Ashton replied.

I rolled my eyes and frowned at the screen.

“We’re treating her fine, dude.” Alex said. “She’s an amazing song writer. You guys are lucky to have her.”

“I know.” Luke said bluntly.

I cringed.

“Lukie-“
Immediately, Ashton turned to fill the whole screen with his face.

“Alright, bye, love you guys!” Ashton blew a kiss and then hung up.

“What’s up Lucas’s butt?” Alex asked. I sighed.

“I don’t know. But I want to forget about it. Let’s go out tonight.”