Disconnected

4

I woke up to someone incessantly poking my side. When I opened my eyes, Michael’s voice cheered loudly in my ear.

“Good you’re alive! We’ve been literally poking you for 10 minutes.”

I groaned, knowing my side would be bruised, and rolled over, only to come face to face with a grinning Calum.

“What do you two want?” I mumbled. “It’s early.”

I grabbed my phone and confirmed my statement, noticing it was only 8 in the morning.

“We’re bored and nobody else is awake.” Michael replied, shrugging.

“Because it’s too damn early.” I muttered, trying to close my eyes and go back to sleep, but it wouldn’t be possible now that I was awake. I sighed and sat up. “Okay, how about we get to know each other a little? Help pass time?”

“Oh! Good idea!” Calum exclaimed.

“Okay, so we know you like Blink 182, but who is your favorite band?” Michael asked me.

I grinned.

“All Time Low.” I replied.

They both nodded their heads in approval.

“Favorite color?” Calum asked.

I rolled my eyes at the stereotypical question, but answered without hesitation.

“Purple.”

Just then, a sleepy looking Luke appeared in the doorway of the bathroom that connected our rooms. I instantly felt bad, we must have woken him up with our talking.

“Scoot over, I’m joining this slumber party.”

That was all he said. I laughed and Michael scooted over and Luke flopped down on the bed, letting out a yawn.

“Aw, did we wake poor Lukie up?” I joked, reaching over to ruffle his hair. He growled and hushed me in response, burying his face in my pillow.

I laughed, and then got an idea.

“Hey! Let’s take a selfie to commemorate the first full day we’re going to have together!”

I pulled out my phone and the boys laughed, but all posed next to me, making silly (and in Luke’s case, sleepy), faces for the camera.

I laughed at the picture and quickly posted it on Instagram, deciding on a caption.

Woke up like this.

I tagged each of the boys and posted it.

Then, I turned to them.

“Okay, want me to make breakfast?” I asked. Each boy looked up at me with pleading eyes, except Luke, who had his face back in the pillow.

“Okay, on one condition.”

“What’s the condition?” Michael asked.

“You two go wake up Ash.”

Both of the boys groaned, knowing that Ashton was a pain in the butt in the mornings, but I could tell their stomachs were grumbling.

“Wait, Luke doesn’t have to come?” Cal pouted.

I laughed.

“No, we woke Luke up, let him sleep a little while longer. We’ll wake him up again when breakfast is ready.”

The boys shook their heads and mumbled about how unfair it was as they got up and walked down the hall towards Ashton’s room.

I looked at Luke facedown on my mattress and smiled, not being able to resist snapping a picture, posting that quickly on Instagram too.

It’s too early for sleeping beauty.

Then, I clambered out of bed and to the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone.

I swear I heard Luke mutter a thank you as I walked out the door.