Status: Updated when possible. Not often.

A Daydream Away

Bonfire Heart

I slipped outside. I kind of felt bad that I had left Kelsie inside alone, someone was bound to see her. The least I could do was comfort her. I re-entered through the back. I walked through the halls quietly and opened the door to the cafeteria. Kelsie jumped slightly at the opening of the door. "A-Amsel, I thought you were going outside..." she mumbled. I shook my head. "Hey, if I brought you here, I should stay here to comfort you." I said.

I walked past the other benched tables and sat down next to her. I noticed she was shivering. "Are you cold?" I asked. I kind of suspected it was her anxiety, and not the cold, but that was the point. "N-no..." she muttered. I out my arm around her and rubbed her arm. Her eyes popped open, and her face went red. I smirked.

"Hey, it's ok." I said. I leaned in near her ear. "I know you're not cold." I whispered. She let a tiny breath escape her lips, a shivering tone to it. I laughed in spite of the situation. "Alright, some kids are gonna start coming in. I gotta go. Bye!" I stood up and left. She whimpered slightly, but I pretended I didn't hear. "Bye, A-Amsel..." she said, my name shivering on her lips. I waved, not looking back. A sense of accomplishment filled my chest, and I beamed. I hoped she was good at catching hints. She was the prettiest girl at my school, by a million. Girls like Carson and her goon Jasmine with their manufactured beauty didn’t do anything for me. Kelsie is... she’s a natural beauty. There’s no way anyone like Carson could ever outmatch her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This had a 'lil insight from Amsel in it... am I good at dramatic irony or am I GREAT at dramatic irony? Ha ha ha