You Are Not Alone

Best Day Ever

Michael's POV

Michael couldn't stop grinning for the life of him. He was so happy right now, he felt like he could explode! Michael just smiled as he watched Lily laughing and having the time of her life. He was so happy he could help bring together all the people in her life that mattered most. He was also glad he was able to meet her parents. It was nice to see Carrie again after so long. He didn't forget to thank her for essentially getting him and Lily together.

Michael was still walking hand in hand with Lily and little Ava was still clasped onto her other one. Carrie, who had also been taken with the little girl, was holding Ava's free hand. Judy was walking behind them, talking amiably with Henry and Sophia. It hadn't slipped his mind that Lily's parents were walking side by side, with Sophia's arm linked in Henry's. Michael was pretty sure that Lily noticed as well. She didn't say anything, but he saw her smile and the happiness that was shining in her eyes.

The group of seven made many stops throughout the park. They rode rides, played games and snacked on the delicious foods the park was known for. Michael had paid to have the entire theme park closed down. The only people in the park were their group of seven and hundreds of less fortunate and sick children. There were adults there, of course, chaperoning the children. The sound of laughter filled the air and Michael was in heaven.

Ava brought everyone to a halt when they walked by the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride. She begged Lily to ride with her, to which she agreed, of course. Since Lily was already partnered up with Ava, Michael rode with Carrie. Henry and Sophia decided to sit the ride out. They opted to stay with Judy, who was still trying to eat her way through a rather large elephant ear.

After the ride was over, the group of four rejoined the other three. As they continued walking, Michael, Lily and Carrie stopped for Dole Whips. They were delicious! Michael pointed at Lily and laughed. When she pulled back from sipping through her straw, she had touched her nose to the large mountain of whipped cream on top. As he continued to giggle, Michael swiped the sweet cream off the tip of her nose and sucked it off his finger.

"Oh, Michael", Lily sing-songed.

"Uh....yes?" He replied, sounding more than suspicious.

"I think I just found our next stop", Lily smirked, running ahead before he could question her further.

However, when Michael watched after her, he didn't have to wonder what had caught her eye. Looking past Lily, who was now running and giggling with Carrie, Michael groaned. Just ahead was a sign with his face plastered on it, next to the words Captain EO. He did NOT want to sit for twenty minutes, watching himself. It was embarrassing!

"Uh, if you wanna watch it, that's fine. I'll, uh, I'll wait out here", Michael said, blushing as he sat on a bench outside the theatre.

"Uh, no. That's not happening. You're going in with me", Lily said, pulling him back up to her.

"Lily", Michael whined. "I don't wanna watch myself. It's weird!" His girlfriend raised an eyebrow, clearly telling him he sounded like a petulant child.

"Just think of it as taking a trip down memory lane", Lily supplied helpfully.

"Right", Michael said, pursing his lips in disbelief.

Knowing he wasn't going to get his way, Michael followed after the rest of the group. He stuck his tongue out at Carrie, who was snickering. This only made her snickering transform into full-blown laughter.

"Shut up, Care!" Michael whined, reaching behind Lily's back to shove the other girl's shoulder. This was only the second time they had met, but he was already treating her like a little sister.

"You'll live, Mike", Carrie shot back. Reaching over to retaliate with a smack to the back of his head.

The group made it to their seats, and talked amongst each other as they waited for the show to start. Once the lights went out and the opening to Captain EO began, Michael slumped down in his seat. He glared playfully when Lily elbowed him and smirked excitedly. He covered his face with his large hand every time Captain EO came on the screen. Basically, he missed most of the movie, in favor of looking at the back of his eyelids. Thankfully, the longest twenty minutes of his life ended, and they were back outside.

"Michael, that was so awesome!" Ava exclaimed, bouncing over to him. Michael's embarrassment faded quickly and he grinned at the little girl.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I'm glad you liked it", he replied honestly.

After several, fun-filled hours, it was time to wind down. To end their magical day at Disneyland, everyone had taken seats along the street, ready to watch the fireworks show. Michael was cuddled up with Lily in his arms. His arms wrapped around her as they sat, straddling a bench. Carrie was sitting on the other end, facing away from them. Ava sat in her lap, making her laugh with silly jokes. Judy sat nearby her daughter, smiling and laughing along with them. Michael nudged Lily, getting her attention. When she looked back at him, he gestured over to her parents. She smiled and had tears in her eyes, watching as her parents were arm in arm, Henry placing a kiss on top of her blonde head.

"I can't believe this is happening. Ya know, I used to wish for this when I was younger", Lily whispered, her voice cracking with emotion.

"Well, it may have taken a while, but it looks like your wish came true", Michael smiled, kissing her nose as she looked up at him.

"Thank you so much, Michael. For all of this. This has easily been the best day of my life", Lily spoke softly, turning to hug him. Michael returned the hug, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"You're welcome, babygirl. I'm glad I could do this for you. All I want is to make you happy", Michael said, speaking just as softly. He stroked a curl behind her ear, which had come loose from her ponytail.

"I love you, Michael", Lily said, looking up into his eyes. Michael smiled.

"I love you more, Lily", with that Michael leaned down and claimed her lips in a soft kiss.

The romantic atmosphere was overwhelming. The fireworks were casting a soft glow over Lily's features. He was pretty sure he had paid more attention to her than the lights in the sky. He felt his heart flutter when he watched her, smiling up at the sky. She looked on with childlike excitement, gasping at the different shapes the fireworks made. They had stolen plenty of kisses and laughed as they joked with each other. Michael, being in a silly mood, stole her hat off her head, putting it on his.

"Hey!" Lily exclaimed, reaching for her hat.

"What? Doesn't it look good on me?" Michael asked, smirking.

"You always look good", Lily winked. "But that's mine. You should've brought your own. Besides, aren't fedora's more your thing?" She joked, sticking her tongue out.

"Yes, but they don't look that much different", Michael shot back, sticking his tongue out in return. Lily laughed as he took the hat off, replacing it on her head, covering her eyes.

When the fireworks show was over, it was time to head home. Everyone gathered around as Michael thanked everyone for coming. He blushed and smiled when all the children shouted a thank you back to him. He laughed when they all piled on top of him, knocking him to the ground.

Exhausted, Michael and Lily slid into the limo. Carrie and Lily's parents rode with them as well. As one last surprise, Michael revealed that they would also be staying at Neverland for the remainder of Lily's visit. Wanting to give Michael and Lily some semblance of privacy, her parents were fine with staying in a guest house. It didn't go unnoticed that Lily raised her eyebrows in surprise when Henry and Sophia opted to stay in the same guest house. Since Lily had really been staying in Michael's room for most of her visit, she moved her things into his room. Carrie was then given Lily's room.

Lily's POV

"So, Mom, is there something you want to, uh, I dunno, tell me?" Lily asked her mother when they were alone. She smirked when her mom's cheeks grew a dark shade of pink.

"I don't know what you mean, sweetheart", Sophia said, trying for innocence. Lily rolled her eyes.
"Oh, please, Mom. I've been watching you and Daddy all day. I'm pretty sure I even caught you kissing during the fireworks!" Lily said, giggling as her mother's blush deepened.

"Oh, alright", Sophia sighed, but she was smiling. "Your father and I...we think we might try giving things another chance." She was talking barely above a whisper, not daring to look at her daughter.

"Are you serious?!" Lily shrieked. Sophia jumped, thinking her daughter was upset. "Oh, my God! This really is the best day ever!" With that, Sophia's head shot up in surprise.

"You mean...you're not upset, darling?" Sophia asked, hope in her voice.

"Upset? Why on earth would I be upset, Mommy? I've wanted this for years! Anyone could see that you and Daddy never stopped loving each other." Lily smiled, leaning in to hug her mother.

"I'm so relieved to hear that, sweetheart. Your father and I have been trying to figure out how to tell you. I guess we were worried for nothing", Sophia smiled as she played with one of Lily's curls.

"I'm happy for you both, Mom. Really", Lily assured her.

With one last hug and a kiss on the cheek, Sophia left to go find Henry. Smiling, Lily turned and went up the stairs towards Michael's room. On the way, she knocked on what used to be "her" room. Carrie opened the door, smiling when she saw Lily standing on the other side.

"Hey, girl. Just wanted to say goodnight", Lily said to her.

"Goodnight, sis", Carrie replied, reaching out to hug her friend. "Love you", she said, pulling back.

"Love you, too, Care", Lily replied, waving as she turned to walk the rest of the way to Michael's bedroom.

Lily smiled when she saw Michael. It was clear that he had tried his best to wait up for her. He was propped up a bit on his pillows and the light on his nightstand was on. A book was lying on his lap, open but forgotten in his slumber. She smiled at how cute he looked in his sleep. He was snoring lightly and his arm was stretched out, touching her side of the bed.

Lily quickly changed into her pajamas. Walking over to the bed, she lifted Michael's arm gently, sliding under the covers. As soon as her head hit the pillow, Michael's arm had come back to pull her to him tightly. Absentmindedly, he placed a kiss on her shoulder, never truly waking up. Lily smiled in the darkness, feeling more content in this moment than she had in a long time.