Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Weird

Before the concert, everyone sat together in one of the buses doing whatever came to mind. Sydney wanted to be alone before the concert, away from Billie, who found it more entertaining to make fun of her then doing some crazy things with his two friends. It seemed that even Matt got along with him by now. He didn't really mind that his little sister was chased with a cake full of creamy cream or first thing that happened to her in the morning was cold water poured on her bunk bed.
She went out the bus, with annoyed expression on her face and a headache. There was nothing worse than 5 noisy guys and a best friend being too busy making out with her brother. Sydney thought that it was way too much and some things should stay private. She still didn't recover from her divorce and seeing Billie wasn't anything good. It was quite painful, but once he started being annoying...
She rounded the corner, completely lost in her thoughts, not paying attention where she was going. She bumped into a tall guy and stumbled backwards.

"Sorry." she muttered.

"I-it's Sydney!" one of the two girls yelled, pointing at her.

"Holy crap!" the other exclaimed, staring at Sydney in awe. The guy Sydney bumped into rolled his eyes at his friends.

Damn. Damn. Damn. Sydney thought, assuming that were Green Day fans probably. Girls seemed to wish her a quick death.

"Oh, hi. I'll…just go." she turned around on her heels and started walking away with closed eyes, wishing she'd survive until the age of 89.

The teenagers had another idea. They run up to her with huge smiles on their faces and walked with her. Sydney glanced at them with a weak smile.

"I guess you're here to see Billie Joe?"

"Nah! My friend hoped to see Mike or Dave, but I wanted to meet you!" the same girl that recognized her said. "I like the message from the songs."

"Story?" Sydney laughed. "Yeah, sure. Everything about me and my life…”

"No... seriously." the girl said. "You said that you wrote Always With Me for him, Allison wrote Excuse Me. It is a little different, but then comes Rightside up and it's like.. People told you that it's wrong to be with him.."

"Oh, yeah, they did. So?"

"I like Day In Hell and Stop Playing God. That are quiet different songs." the blond guy said.

"Ali wrote the first one and we wrote together the second one." Sydney smiled. "I like that two also."

"Hey, Syd, Not Me is another part of the story! Listen...


Go just go if you feel you gotta go away from me
Take away all those bad things you said to me
Tell me that I'm not the one for you
That you got another waiting for you too

You made up your mind but you look at me and maybe hope
That I'll cry for you, that I'll beg of you
Don't go away but no, not me
I won't play the game I won't call your name, not me

Go and do
-"

"I know the lyrics." Sydney smiled at them, deep inside thinking how to get out of this.

"But you admit it's about Armstrong!"

"Who?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Another one!" the other girl said "Shout Louder. Another of Ali's song?"

"Yup."

"So-"

"Okay! Okay!" Sydney exclaimed to stop another questions. "Before you decide to investigate about Baby Doll, Even If Without You, Keep on Breathing and Sweet Rain it is about him, okay?"

"That's what we wanted to hear." both girls grinned.

"Wanna hung out with us?" the guy asked.

"Um... the concert is soon.”

"So? It's not like in 5 minutes..."

"Well, right. Hey, I'll take you to meet the rest." the girls started jumping around, screaming and laughing. "But! Promise me not to talk about the album again. I know it. They know it. Billie and I hate each other, so don't start yet another war okay?"

"All right!"

She started walking again, feeling more annoyed than before. She liked to meet her fans, but this talking about her songs when everything they need is with the CD and that are mostly questions asked during interviews.. That was getting on her nerves. She walked up to her bands bus, looking back at the three teenagers, walking casually behind her, whispering in excited voices. She tried opening the door, but it was closed and she forgot to take her key.

"They're quick..." she sighed. "Well, why don't we try Green Day's bus?" she smirked at the teenagers. "You might try taking some of their belongings. I'm sure they won't mind. Really."

"I'm not so sure about this, but that's a cool idea!" the girl squealed. "I'm taking Blue!"

"No... Blue's staying." Sydney replied, stopping in front of the bus. She walked up closer to open the doors. "That's Green Day's bus.” she said glancing at the now open doors "...and a naked Billie Joe."

Both girls giggled, while Sydney looked at them with the frown and then slapped herself on the forehead.

"I'm not naked, Syd." Billie said, trying to hold back his laugh. "Seems like... you can't resist me, huh? I wouldn't mind y-"

"Shut.up" she said through gritted teeth. "And you are almost naked. Go and put something on!"

"Almost makes a difference." he smirked at her as he walked out the bus. "And you can't order me anything... I'd rather take it off!"

"No...” Sydney said in a tone of disbelief.

"Yeees."

"No and no!" she caught his wrists, which slowly wandered to his boxers. Sydney heard girls giggling behind her, but before she could say or do something, Billie wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. She stared at him confused, feeling his warm breath on her lips. How much she wanted him to kiss her right there... everything seemed to disappear for her and she didn't fight with him.

"Uh... we'll see you on the concert.” the guy said, pulling away the two girls. Sydney or even Billie didn't care that much.
Billie's hand slowly went up her back, sending shivers through her spine. His faces was closer and closer.

"B-Billie?" Sydney asked, suddenly, waking up from her daze.

"Huh?" he stopped and stared into her confused eyes. "Something's wrong?"

"E-everything... I think." she replied in a whisper. "Where are the others?"

Billie looked away and let go of her a little so they weren't so close.

"They went to eat somewhere."

"Oh...”

"Yea."

"Why are you here anyway?" she asked in a still weak voice.

"I'm not hungry, you know."

"Oh, right." she slowly nodded her head. "Um... Billie?"

"Yes?"

"Could you... let me go? It's quite... awkward."

"Oh, yea, sure." he quickly let go of her and stepped back. He didn't smile or act like that cocky guy he always was. He looked confused. Like he was lost. Sydney smiled weakly and tore her gaze away from him. She spotted the others slowly going their way and she felt more confident with them back.

***
Trè ran into the hotel room, which he thought that belonged to Dave. He stopped confused in the middle of the room, titling his head to the side.

"Mother of the freaky nation! You're not Dave!"

"Of course I am! And see? Freaky is an invisible cow, Franklin"

Trè shrieked and ran out the door, covering his ears. Billie entered the room with a perplexed expression on his face. He still acted quite weird around her, because of the accident near the bus. It confused him to the point, he had difficulties with thinking about other things.

"What did you do to my friend, doll?"

"Nothing William." she yawned. "Leave?"

After the concert she was exhausted. Sydney had difficulties with sleeping and when she felt like it, everyone had to disturb her. Just like Billie did now... why him again?

"My cat!" Billie exclaimed. "You-you're cheating on me with a cat?!"

"Sure. Leave? I got no idea where you get this energy from... please, at least let me sleep now.” she said in a sleepy tone, hugging her cat’s thick fur. Billie smiled slyly, when another idea came to his mind.

"Hey, Bill!" Mike poked his head inside the room. "Let's go. Guys are waiting downstairs."

"Au revoir, amigo." Sydney waved to Billie, not even looking at him.

"Hasta la vista, baby" Billie said in a voice, mimicking Arnold Schwarzenegger. Sydney raised her head, laughing at that and shaking her head.

"Come on, Romeo!" Mike sighed. Billie glared at Mike, but followed him, leaving Sydney to herself.

She buried her head once again in her cat’s fur and sighed happily. It didn't last long as Allison burst into the room.

"What's going on?!"

"I want to sleep..." Sydney whined.

"But I need to know! That's why I got rid of Matt!" Allison jumped onto the bed, making Freaky run away. "Anyway, we don't talk so often.”

"I wonder why...” Sydney sniggered.

"Oh, shut up." Allison hit Sydney hard on her arm. "When you was with B-"

"Don't mention it." Sydney cut her off. "It was ages ago."

"No, it wasn't. And you love him. You still do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"And he loves you too."

"No."

"Yes"

"He just makes fun of me."

"Yea... and he didn't do that before he asked you out."

"So?" Sydney sat up. "Took you long enough to go out with Matt and now you can't spend one minute without eating each others face!" Allison shrugged.

"Besides, I'm not in love with Billie." Allison rolled her eyes. "How can you even tell me what I feel...”

"Because you lie to yourself. Thanks to that someone, who decided it'd be cool to put you on the same tour!"

"Yeah, cause one of us is not getting out of this alive.." Allison chuckled.

"It might be you... died of stress and love.." Sydney crossed her arms. "Or Billie, strangled by Sydney, who only tried to hug him cause she missed him so, so, so much!"

"I hate you." Sydney said in a whiny voice, when she realized there's no way she'd prove Allison was wrong about her and Billie. She was too tired for this.

"Hey, what happened before we came to the tour bus? You both were so... how can I say it.” she tapped her finger on her knee, scanning the walls with her gaze and finally looked at Sydney. "...like we caught you on doing something?"

"You could actually name it like that.” Sydney smiled weakly.

"Really?! What happened?" Allison sat closer to Sydney, with a huge, sly smirk plastered to her face.

"I think he almost kissed me.”

"You think?" Allison raised her eyebrows "And... almost?" Sydney nodded her head.

"I was with that fans and then he came out.”

"In just boxers.”

"Yea.” Sydney sighed. "I really feel uncomfortable being here... It's hard. It's not so easy to deal with my feelings if he's near."

"Didn't you think that he might feel something towards you?" Sydney chuckled.

"Yea, sure. That's why he divorced me, huh?"

"No. I mean... maybe he didn't really want that back then?"

"That's why he did it?"

"I don't know!" Allison sighed. "He's complicated."

"Tell me about it."

"But you do miss him, hm?"

"Not really. I see him when I wake up with a bucket of cold water, he jumps out from the corner at me in the dark, he chases me with cakes and some creamy things... and all of that silly jokes. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran out onto the stage and did something weird. He's being like a... second Trè."

"Trè is nicer to you." Allison said.

"Oh, yea!" she grinned. "But he takes part in those things too. Matt won't even help me.”

Sydney pouted, thinking about her brother. Allison sighed.

"That's what you get when you say you don't need overprotective brother, sis."