Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Cheating?

It was a normal Monday morning. Sydney woke up at 9 am. Everyone else was still asleep. She showered, dressed, ate fast breakfast and started her daily routine. Cleaning the house. For this couple of months, as she had nothing to do, she decided to clean the house as no one else, Brittany, wanted to do it. So, after a while she was quite obsessed with it. It was 10:30 when Trè appeared in the kitchen where she was currently cleaning.

"Hi Syd!" he exclaimed, sitting in a chair, grinning.

"Hello." she smiled brightly at him. "Anything you want?" he nodded eagerly.

"Breakfast! I love your cooking!" Sydney looked down, blushing a little since she hardly ever heard compliments.

"Yea! Pancakes, please." he smirked watching her. "Marry me!"

She turned around confused with mouth open as she didn't know exactly what was going on.

"Marry me!" Trè repeated, going over to her and sinking to his knees, with hands outstretched to her. "You know you want to!"

"W-what?!" she said in a squeaky voice.

"See? You didn't sound like this when BJ proposed. Well, that was sudden..." he narrowed his eyes. "But! You can have Trè! Better and funnier than moody BJ."

"W-what a-are you tal-talking about." she stared at him with wide eyes as her face was becoming more and more red with every passing second. Trè wiggled his eyebrows, wrapping his hands around her waist and hugging her, still on his knees.

"We will be a happy family, with three kids and we'll be living in an awesome bus or wherever away from Billie!" he fell silent as her jaw dropped.

"You don't need to tell him that you're leaving him."

"Wha-?"

"I'll take him somewhere a-"

"What the hell?" Billie walked in, sounding amused.

"Oh! Billie! I was…Um...talking about you just now!" Trè grinned at his friend, who glanced from confused Sydney to cheerful Trè.

"Oh? I thought you wanted to kidnap my Syd and you had a great plan?"

"What?" confused Trè looked at Sydney. "See?! He's accusing me of such a thing!"

"Bu-"

"No! I will not take it anymore Armstrong!" he walked over to Sydney "We're leaving!" he took her by arm and she looked as screaming for help and she didn't exactly know what was going on.

"Billie…help!" she said in squeaky tone. He chuckled and went after them.

"Where do you think you're going Trè?"

"Uh... " He stopped and looked at Sydney. "Right, breakfast first." he returned to the kitchen and sat in a chair, waiting till Sydney would make pancakes as she promised, but she still stood there confused by what happened.

"Syd?" Billie waved his hand in front of her and she blinked, looking up at him.

"Um…yes?"

"Can you cook pancakes for me?" he grinned at her.

"Y-yea, sure." she shook her head and went to the fridge, taking all the things she needed and started making pancakes for the two of them. After couple of minutes she put two plates in front of them and they immediately started eating.

"Seriously," Trè said as he swallowed. "Better keep an eye on her causes I'm seriously going to steal her sometime." he grinned at her and she looked towards Billie who shrugged his shoulders.

"You will never do that!"

"I won't?" Trè smirked.

"Yea. You won't."

"I will."

"You can't cause I'm here!" Billie pointed at himself. "You rather scared her then convinced to abandon me."

"We will see Armstrong. That's a matter of time." Trè laughed evilly and Sydney left, shaking her head in disbelief as something like this could take place and she believed Trè was totally serious that moment before Billie came. He was just... weird. She started cleaning the living room. Some empty beer cans and some dirty plates. Billie and Trè poked their heads out from the kitchen so they had perfect view at what Sydney was doing.

"No way...” Billie muttered.

"Hah. That's not usual thing to see." Trè said returning to his pancakes. "I suggest saving her."

Billie got up from his chair and walked to the room. He watched her with raised eyebrows.

"Syd? Why are you cleaning? It's almost clean." he checked the cabinet for any sign of dust before she had chance to dust it. He raised his eyebrows at her.

"It's clean..."

"Now it is."

"No. It was clean even when you did not clean it."

"It was not." Billie rolled his eyes and picked her up bridal style, caring her to the kitchen where Trè was already eating Billie's pancakes.

"Congrats. You saved her." he said with a mouthful of food.

"Okay. Who are you and what you did to Sydney." Billie said looking at her, with perplexed expression on his face. Sydney shrugged staring at the cloth in her hands. There were for sure things that changed that past 6 months and he felt as if he knew nothing about her now. He could imagine Mike telling him again "You can't last in a relationship with someone you don't know. You know it well, Billie.". He put his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes.

"There's no need to clean. It's even too clean in here." Billie muttered. "You should have asked me to help at least." she laughed, shaking her head at what he said.

"I doubt you would like to do all this housework's."

"Woman! You're obsessed with it! Face it!" Trè exclaimed.

"Who’s obsessed?" Brittany walked into the room with dreary expression on her face, hair sticking in every angle on her head. She smiled weakly at Billie and when she spotted Sydney, with a roll of her eyes she crossed her arms.

"Why don't you sit here with us?" Billie suggested.

"Not when she's around." she huffed and left the kitchen. Sydney looked away from the door, feeling hurt and glumly by her words.
"I can't understand what she wants from you." Trè said shaking his head. Then he eyed Billie for a while with raised eyebrow. A while later Mike appeared in the kitchen with confused expression on his face.

"Maybe you guys know wha-" he glanced at girl sitting on Billie's lap and decided not to say anything about Brittany, since he already knew what happened.

"What do you want to know?" Billie asked.

"Never mind." he poured himself coffee and sat across from Trè.

Feeling uncomfortable, Sydney excused herself and with a pout from Billie, about her leaving, she went to the living room. She sat on the armchair and stared at the window, not thinking about anything at all. She woke up from her trance when the phone rang. She hastily walked to pick it up, seeing Billie getting up. When he noticed her getting the phone he sat back, returning to conversation he had with guys. With a sigh, she answered the phone.

"Hello, sis!"

"Hey! What's up?" she smiled, hearing her brother, Matt.

"Oh, well. I'm bored as hell and no one has time for me."

"Poor you." she said with fake saddens in her voice. "So, you called me to join you in doing nothing or getting stoned?"

"That was my plan, but I thought we can go somewhere. I don't care where..."

"...You don't care about anything" she retorted.

"About you? Yes."

"Ah...stop it, please!"

"But…never mind." he sighed. "You have some time or that bastard-"

"Hey!" she narrowed her eyes at how he called Billie. Sure…he could hate him, but after all they were married and Matt couldn't do a thing about that.

"Okay, okay. Sorry. Gees." she waited for him to say something and when he didn't she sighed heavily

"So what's the plan?"

"I pick you up from hell, sorry, from the house and we go anywhere you want."

"Uh, okay, but then you will take me to my work. I don't have the whole day. See you then." she put the receiver back on the table, where it laid earlier and with bright smile on her face she ran up the stairs. She didn't notice the look Billie gave her from the kitchen. Confused and a little suspicious.

Couple of minutes later, dressed in a black skirt and red, sleeveless shirt and her green sneakers on, she left the house, not caring if she told Billie that she's leaving.

He knew that since he was watching her from the window. Waiting not so long for an old, beat up car stopping near her she opened the door and sat inside, hugging the guy at the driver’s seat. Billie couldn't believe his eyes or couldn't walk away from the window and ignore that. He clenched his fists and glared at the black car.

"Dude, what the hell?" Mike said looking from Billie to Trè. They both walked up to the window and stared at Billie's wife with some guy, before they drove away. Billie was first to look away and sit at the table glaring at the wall.

"Didn't I-"

"Save it, Dirnt." Billie hissed angrily leaving the kitchen.

"I can't believe that." Trè sighed walking out the kitchen also, leaving Mike who shook his head, thinking, how many times he told Billie Joe how he made a huge mistake and he'd see it sooner or later. For him this was a good sign. Maybe everything would become normal again. He didn't like her. He didn't want to accept her as friend or Billie's wife.