Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

It's Not A Secret Anymore

The waiting room was filled with worry, fear, anger and blame, which was felt clearly in the heavy atmosphere. Five people waited nervously for someone to tell them what's going on, how does Billie and Sydney feel. It seemed like ages since they rushed into the hospital with Sydney passed out and Billie's arm bleeding furiously, with the bullet stuck in his arm.
Allison looked like she was about to faint any time soon. She was white as a wall and she was breathing heavily, holding tightly onto Matt hand. He seemed to take it bad as he held back tears and tried being the one optimistic, but he failed. Tre and Mike sat quietly, patiently waiting to get an information about the state of their friends, tough Mike seemed to lost in thoughts as a look of disbelief crossed his face not only once that evening. Dave held his head in his hands, mumbling how he was stupid to leave Billie and Sydney alone. The memory ran through his head all the time. How he smiled at her reassuringly, how Billie walked after her and they rounded the corner. He remembered rounding the corner, seeing Brittany walking in the direction where he came from. He remembered how Mike walked up to him and they joked about Brittany and then there was a loud, terrifying sound, scream and another shot.
Billie came back to them with a concerned, guilty and scared expression on his face. He was also very pale. His arm was bandaged and he got painkillers. All eyes fell on him and he stood propped on the wall, with his healthy arm stuck in his pocket. No words were spoken and as fast as they spotted him they returned to their own worlds, waiting nervously for the news about Sydney. Matt wrapped his arms tightly around Allison as she started sobbing. She wanted to tell them so badly, but she vowed to Sydney she won't tell. Tre glanced at her sadly and bit his lip as he spotted Billie looking so broken. He deserved to know.

"Goddamn it!" Billie Joe yelled, causing people to stare at him confused. "How fucking long will they keep us waiting?!"
"Billie, man." Mike got up to his feet. "Calm down." Mike put a hand on his friends arm in attempt to comfort him, to let him know he wasn't alone there.
Billie shook off his hand and started pacing near the doors, where the doctor and nurses rushed with Sydney. It seemed like ages...
"It's all your fault, Armstrong." Matt spat venomously and threw a dirty glance towards Billie, who didn't even dare to look at Sydney's brother. "If only she-"
"Shut up, Matt." Allison said in a trembling voice, but sounding very strong. "It's no one's fault. Things like this happens, you know?"
"Yeah? But then why is it my sister in a fucking hospital?!"
"Matt, she's not fucking dying, so fucking calm down, dude. You're not the one worried in here." Dave said for once looking up from the floor and glaring at his band mate.
"No. He's right. It's all my fault." Billie sighed sitting on the nearby chair, running a shaking hand through his hair.

"Oh, it's n-" Allison said, but as she spotted a doctor coming out from the room, she fell silent and stared at him with anticipation. Everyone stared at the doctor as he closed the door behind him and looked indifferently at every each of them.

"Is anyone from her family?"
"I am." Matt replied, getting up slowly. "How is she?"
"Nothing bad happened. She and her child will live."
Matt's face went pale and everyone beside Allison and Tre, who looked at each other like they wanted to say 'she's screwed', looked at the doctor with wide eyes.
"Sydney's... pregnant?" Billie rose to his feet, with his mouth open in shock.
"Yes." The doctor replied.
"T-that's impossible... she...that's some fucking mistake." Billie blurted out.
"Can I... see her?" Matt said in a voice slightly above a whisper. The doctor nodded and walked away.
"Whoa... I didn't expect this." Dave chuckled. "So.. What do we do next? I mean.. she can't be on tour when she's pregnant, huh?"
"I don't see how this can get in a way here." Allison rolled her eyes. She looked at Billie, who was white as the wall and was staring at the doors, just like he was burning holes in them with his gaze. He probably suspected something. Seemed like they'd have to talk about it. This was good and bad news.

***
"What the fuck Sydney?!" Matt yelled, causing her to flinch and move away to the edge of the bed. "How long were you supposed to hide this?! Do you think we wouldn't notice?!"
She didn't say anything. She gripped the sheets tightly in her palms and hoped he'd stop yelling. He reminded her of her dad when he was furious and yelled at her for every mistake.
"Whose the father." he said in a sickeningly calm voice, glaring at Sydney. "It's Billie, right?"

She refused to look or speak to him. She stared blankly at her hand, feeling slightly sick. There was no way she could tell him. He looked like he was about to kill anyone right now. He was shaking with furry, throwing daggers at her with his gaze.

"Whose the father!" he yelled, making her jump a little, causing tears to fall down her cheeks.
"Leave me alone, Matt." she replied quietly.
"Whose the fucking father?!" he advanced to the bed and Sydney whimpered, moving away to the edge of her hospital bed. "It's Armstrong, huh?"
"He's not!" she exclaimed and more tears fell down her face. They didn't hear the doors open and someone walk in, through this whole argument. They didn't see him glaring at Matt or even standing there.
"I think this is enough, Matt." Billie spat, glaring at Sydney's brother with hate. Matt laughed and shook his head.

"Don't you fucking tell me what not to do." he hissed.
"Leave or I'll force you to do so." Sydney looked up from her sheets at Billie, who looked like he was about to throw out her brother. They glared at each other, but after a while Matt walked out the door, without even glancing at his sister. When Billie looked at her, her eyes fell to the ground and she could feel a lump in her throat. He stood there in silence for a while, silent. Finally, he sat next to her on the bed and they stayed silent as they didn't know what to say. She bit her lip and looked anywhere, but at him. He reached for her hand and squeezed it gently, making her look up at him. He was confused and it was reflected on his face. He was searching her face for any kind of an answer, but found none as her expression didn't give away any emotion right at that moment.

"How are you feeling?" she shrugged. "You should have told me, you know. I should know that-"
"And what? Wait for you to freak out? Push me away?" she asked quietly. "It's not even your problem."
"But we... did you.. and somebody else.." he was confused and his anger faded as fast as it appeared. Now it was disappointment at some point.
"A one night tournee." she shrugged. "With a present."
He caressed her hand with his thumb as he stared at their hands, with mixed feelings.
"You know, even if it's not my kid I'd help you. I'd do anything for you, if you only asked me for help..."
"Forget it. I'd get in the way. You've got a girlfriend."
"I don't!" Billie exclaimed, narrowing his eyes. "I wanted to break up with her long time ago... after.. never mind, but I wanted and she was back. I... she wanted to fucking kill you!"
"Well, I didn't know she meant it literally." Sydney smiled weakly. "But that's what kept me away from you, if that's what you wanted to know. This and my child."

Billie nodded his head slowly and sighed. This he already knew. She stared at him sadly, mentally kicking herself for not telling him the truth, but would he leave her after that? It didn't seem like that, but when he raised his voice a little... Lies are always getting in the way.
"This was a one night stand then, huh?"
"Um..I guess so."
"So.. you don't love him." he stated, looking up at her. "So, that means you don't have anyone and that I can still annoy you."
"B-Billie? What are you talking about?"
"I'm going to help you out in anything you'll need." he smiled at her.
"Everything alright with you?" she asked titling her head to the side. He nodded with a small smile. Tears welled in her eyes. She regretted not telling him the truth even more now, but it disappeared quickly as she realized she can tell him as soon as it'll be the right time. She grinned and threw herself into his arms, grimacing as pain shot through her thigh. "Thanks for...everything, Billie."

She put a hand on his right arm and he winced a little.
"I was shot there. I guess I'll have to deal with it while playing guitar." he chuckled.
"Oh, Billie! It's all my fault!" she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head into his neck.
"S-Sydney! You're... suffocating me." he choked out. She let go off of him quickly and blushed, apologizing.
The doors flew open and Tre walked in.
"Hey, mommy!" he exclaimed cheerfully.
"I'll see you later, Sydney." Billie mumbled, not looking at her. He hastily walked out and Tre looked after him with a raised eyebrow.
"Did you tell him?" he whispered. She shook her head. "You should."
"Tre..." she bit her lip and lied down on her bed.
"Yes?"
"Peanut butter. I want some peanut butter."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "You just... You could have died and you want peanut butter instead of talking with me?!"
"Tre, please..." she pouted at him.
"Only if you tell him." Tre crossed his arms, looking at her with his eyebrow raised.
"Oh, come on." she whined. "He's going to hate me. I don't want him to.. leave everything and stay with me out of pity."
Tre shook his head in disappointment.
"I can survive by myself. We'll only come back to USA and... I'll get myself a house.. raise the kid..."
"What will you tell him or her, if you'll be asked about daddy?" he asked in a serious voice, sitting down on the hospital bed. "You can't just tell them there's no daddy. He deserves to know too."
"You talk like not yourself, Frankie."
"Don't call me that!" he exclaimed throwing his hands into the air. "Anyway, it's not only about you. You're selfish right now." he got up and winked at her.
"Where are you going?"
"To get some peanut butter."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is updated specially for GreenGirl22. :) I hope you liked the update ^. - Thanks for everything ^^