Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter 5: Touch

Mikey came in and he was holding a bag. The bag was black and seemed to hold something. I tried to back into a corner to keep myself from being hurt farther. I trusted Mikey. I needed to trust Mikey so I could get out of here.

“Frank I need to do a basic physical on you. But I also want to take an x-ray of your wing. Oh and I have news.” Mikey seemed to be happy with what he was doing “The feathers that Gerard had to pull from your wing were sent to a lab and the metal on the tip is real gold,sliver,bronze, and platinum.”

I knew this but I didn’t do anything I simply blinked. I wasn’t quite awake and I the bag Mikey was caring was starting to scare me slightly. I had no idea what this ‘x-ray’ would do. Guessing by the name and it would kill me. I was shaking. What did I do to be killed? I was starting to trust these people to the point that I would be able to get out of here.

Mikey pulled out a cuff that had a gage on it with a tube and bulb, along with a piece that had to pieces of what looked to be sliver and tipped with white and then went down to a single tube and had a round piece at the end. I tilted my head, I was a bit confused. What were those things?

“Oh! You don’t know what these are, this cuff like thing is a blood pressure cuff and this odd tubing thing is a stethoscope, I can hear your heart, lungs, and stomach if I need to. But right now I need to make sure your in good health and I’m going to be checking on how your wing is healing and making sure that they develop properly. But I’m going to be able to see your bones with little to no discomfort on your part. So lets began” Mikey smiled as he placed the cuff on my arm.

“This is going to get tight, but I want you not to move. I will release it soon after” Mikey smiled as he grabbed the bulb on the end of the tube and squeezed it. It got tighter and Mikey seemed to watch the gage. The pressure on my arm lessoned and Mikey nodded and smiled. “Your blood pressure is just fine.”

Time passed and I had a needle in my arm as vials of blood were taken and my heart, and lungs were cheeked. Now Mikey had pulled this wand like thing out and it was connected to this screen that was black.

“This is an x-ray, I’m going to hold it close to your wings and it will show me the bones.” Mikey smiled and tapped the screen. It hummed for a moment and then Mikey moved the wand slowly over my broken wing and nodded as his eye brows came in together. He mumbled something and I caught abnormal.

What was wrong wing? Was it worse then they thought? Were the bones to thin and likely to break and I would have to have my wings removed? I looked at Mikey with wide eyes and started to shake. What was wrong that I didn’t know about? Did I not have the bone mass I need to ever fly again?

My shaking got worse and Mikey looked at me. “Frank…. Frank look at me” I didn’t look at Mikey any longer. I moved myself back to the shadows and still shook as I put my head into my knees and my arms around my legs. Why was I so scared?

“Gerard!” Mikey yelled as he tried to approach me. I snarled. If it was more of a cautionary thing for Mikey. I didn’t want to hurt Mikey, if it was a viral thing. I was starting to trust these vampires and I want them to stay unharmed.

The door was opened and by opened I mean thrown open. Gerard came rushing in. He looked at Mikey and he walked over to his brother. I still stayed where I was and looked over the tops of my knees. Gerard nodded and he slowly walked over to me. He was about a foot away when I snarled.

“Frank, just calm down. It’s alright, it’s nothing bad. It’s just a bit unusual is all. But if you listen to Mikey and calm down everything will be fine” Gerard seemed to get closer to me as he talked. I let him and place a hand on me. I was oddly calm for some reason. Why was I so calm?

I pushed myself into Gerard’s touch. It was comforting. I had forgotten how nice it felt to be held and to be touched. It made one feel safe and I felt Gerard take in a breath of air that was more sharper then average.

“Frank all that I saw was you have slighter thicker bones in your wings then normal. It’s not a bad thing. It just means that you will have strong wings when they fully develop; and you’re almost there. I would say a few more months before they are fully develop. Everything looks normal and to say the least your wing will be fully healed in about four days. I will see you tomorrow to take the stitches out.” Mikey smiled and I nodded.

Gerard looked at me.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, I nodded a bit and he smiled. “Alright I will be back with some food and water for you.

Gerard stood up and walked out the door, as the door shut I noted that it wasn’t locked and the blackness of the room seemed to lesson as the window caught the sunlight that I longed to be in. I got up and walked over to the pool of sunlight. I sat in the middle of the warmth and looked at the room. It was small but I could hear the voices of my parents on the other side of one of the walls. They were muffled but it was nice.

The door opened and Gerard stepped in room and about dropped the plate of the fresh salad it was holding.

“You’re in the sunlight? Not the shadows? Frank are you starting to trust us?” Gerard handed me the plate and sat in my shadow “It looks like your wings are made of glitter”

I nodded and smiled as I ate the food I was handed. Gerard seemed to stand up and walk up to me and touch one of my wings in hope that I wouldn’t growl or lunge at him and I just sat there. In the sunlight eating and drinking the glass of water I was given. I finished and sat them on the floor in front of me and hoped that I would be able to come out of here soon.

“The only reason that we are going to keep you in here a bit longer is so that your wing can heal.” Gerard smiled as he picked up the plate and glass cup from me. “Frank I will see you very soon, I have to take these to the kitchen and then I have a few things to do… Your feathers are growing back.”
I nodded and he walked out, the door was left unlocked and I stayed in the sunlight and just let the sun hit the back of my wings.
♠ ♠ ♠
we have frerard moment!