Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

To be happy now.

Garrett was nervous. He really didn't know why, but he was. He breathed in as he held onto Remi's hand and she led him to John's front door.

Her fingers slid in between his and she opened the door without knocking.

"Are you two that close now?" He joked and she chuckled, "Sadly yes."

He shook his head as she pulled him inside. People crowded the living room and between the music and chatter going on it made him feel a bit better for some reason.

"Remi!" They both heard and it didn't take them long to find the source. John was waving them over to where he stood and Remi tugged on his hand pulling him over.

"Didn't think you two would come." He spoke with a smirk on his lips and she punched his shoulder, "Shut up."

He chuckled as he looked at Garrett, "I take it she's holding your hand because things turned out well and she didn't kill you."

Garrett rolled his eyes, "You're so smart. I'm going to get a drink. Want anything?" He asked the girl beside him and she nodded before he kissed her temple and walked to the kitchen.

"So what's that?" John asked with a grin.

"Well, John, you'll be happy to know that we are actually, well...together." She spoke and be chuckled, "Like, he's your boyfriend?"

She nodded and he laughed, "Please tell me you didn't ask him."

"No, jerk!"

John laughed and she glared at him.

"I'm kidding! Seriously, I'm happy to hear that. You two are good together. I mean it."

"Thanks." She replied with a smile and he threw his arm around her pulling her in for a hug.

"My little girl is growing up." He joked as he faked a sniffle.

"I hate you." She mumbled against his shirt and he laughed as he let her go.

"Here you go." Garrett spoke as he walked back up and John was now smiling at him like he was an idiot.

"What?!" Garrett questioned as Remi thanked him for the drink.

"You know you have to marry her, right? I mean, she's the only girl you've dated that we like."

Garrett rolled his eyes, "I think she's the only girl you'll ever like that you aren't trying to sleep with."

"All of that may be true, but regardless..."

Remi laughed and he patted Garrett on the shoulder, "Keep in mind, I'll hurt you if you hurt her."

Remi was in a fit of laughter thanks to the face Garrett was making as John walked away.

"I've known the guy for ten plus years and he picks you over me."

"I'm awesome so..."

Garrett shook his head with a grin as she laughed once more, placing her arm around him as she leaned against his side.

"See, hasn't been so bad, Nickelsen." She stated and he kissed her quickly. Of course that was interrupted instantly.

"Excuse me! Are you kissing up on Remi?!" Pat all but shouted at the two of them making Garrett cringe.

Kennedy stopped what he was doing and looked over at the two and Garrett groaned causing Remi to laugh.

"So..." Kennedy spoke with a smirk and Garrett now glared at the boy.

"What?! What is that look for?! I think we have a right to know if you actually grew a pair and asked her out!"

Remi was in a fit of laughter as John walked up deciding to speak for the two of them.

"Yes, they are together. I know. Surprises me too, but let's not continue embarrassing the guy."

Garrett rolled his eyes, "I'm going to need something stronger than this." He grumbled out as he left and headed to the kitchen.

"Be nice." Remi spoke looking at Kennedy and Pat.

"What?!"

"You know how he is!"

Kennedy snickered, "You two together is slightly amusing."

She shoved him lightly as she made her way after Garrett.

"Hey try not to get drunk, yeah?" She teased as she found the boy tipping back a red plastic cup.

His eyes met hers and she grinned before wrapping her arms around his torso and looking up at him.

"Are you ashamed to be dating me, Nickelsen?" She joked and he rolled his eyes, "Of course not."

She raised up and kissed his cheek, "Then what is it?"

"I'm just not fond of unwanted attention."

She chuckled and he brought his hand to her hair.

"I know."

He kissed her gently, "It's ok though. After all, I want everyone to know you're my girl now." He replied with a smile as he slid his arm around her waist.

She chuckled and he leaned down, kissing her once more before grabbing up his now empty cup.

"You want everyone to know so you're becoming intoxicated?" She joked and he laughed, "The woes of dating someone awkward like me."

She chuckled, "Well let's go my awkward boyfriend." She mused grabbing up his free hand and pulling him from the kitchen.

"What are you doing to Gar?" John asked realizing that the boy was now drinking more than beer.

"Nothing!" She defended and Garrett rolled his eyes as he walked over to Kennedy who was yelling his name.

John looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she chuckled, "He's just, well, Garrett."

He rolled his eyes, "I am aware. Want me just to tell everyone you're together and get it over with?"

"Do you want Garrett to die?"

John snickered, "It'll be hilarious."

"For you, but I rode with the guy so..."

John laughed throwing his arm over her shoulders, "Fine, but when you get hit on, which I'm sure will happen, we will see how Garrett feels about it."

She rolled her eyes and he messed up her hair before noticing Pat was standing near her. She smiled at him as she stepped beside him and he eagerly greeted her.

"Oh hey!" He spoke with a smile and she chuckled, "Hi."

"Oh, Austin this is Remi."

She said hello and Pat continued, "And you know Halvo."

Halvo scoffed, "She doesn't like me so there's that."

Austin started laughing, "I like her already."

"Don't get too friendly, she's Garrett's."

Austin gave him a look before speaking, "Garrett's what? Sister that I didn't know about?"

"Girlfriend." Pat replied and Remi couldn't help but laugh.

"Girlfriend? Garrett has a girlfriend?" Austin asked as if it was the most unbelievable thing in the world.

"What?! Since when?!" Halvo chimed in and Remi rolled her eyes, "Since like; not even 24 hours ago."

"Ugh! Now you'll forever be in our group!" Eric whined and Pat shoved him, "Hey! We like her!"

"Garrett Nickelsen!" Austin shouted and Remi groaned knowing the boy was going to not like this.

She watched the boy walk over to the group with a grin and she chuckled knowing very well he was a bit intoxicated already.

"Yes?"

"Why would you do this to me?" Halvo asked seriously and Remi shot him a look.

Garrett looked at the boy in confusion, "Do what to you?"

"Be with this girl!"

"Would you rather me be with Catherine?"

Eric frowned as the question seemed to resignate in his head, "Well no..."

"Exactly. So shut up. Plus, I like her."

Remi grinned and Austin nodded, "I can see why. She's definitely way hotter than that ex of yours."

"Yes, that's exactly why I'm with her." He replied sarcastically and she giggled at his remark.

"I gotta go back to the game before Kennedy comes after me." He spoke and she chuckled removing her arm from his and he pressed his lips to her cheek before walking back over to the growing group who was now playing beer pong.

"The world is ending." Austin stated and Pat laughed, "It's not, I promise."

"Remi Quinn come here!" She heard John shouting after an hour or so of talking to the guys. She of course excused herself to walk over to the boy.

"Your boyfriend is drunk." John said watching the boy in front of him.

She laughed, "He was a little nervous."

"Not anymore."

She laughed as they watched Garrett high five the guy who was on his team.

"He's cute."

John rolled his eyes, "Glad you think so."

She chuckled and patted his shoulder before walking over to Garrett.

"Hey you." He spoke with a smile and she laughed as she grabbed his hand, "You may be a little drunk, boyfriend."

He frowned, "Sorry?"

"It's ok. Kind of amusing."

"How so?"

She shrugged, "Funny seeing you all social and what not."

He rolled his eyes, "Thanks for making me sound like a loser."

"You're not a loser."

He shrugged and she raised up to kiss his cheek.

"Go, I don't want to keep you from your friends."

He scoffed and slid his arm around her waist, "I'd rather be with you more than them."

She chuckled, brushing his hair from his face and a grin hit his lips, "You're cute."

"So are you."

He pecked her lips quickly, "I'm gonna finish this game and then we can leave."

"No rush. I'll go hang with John."

"Don't go near Austin, he'll try to flirt with you." He stated and she laughed, "Thanks for the heads up."

He chuckled kissing her once more before she headed back over to john, falling beside him on the couch he now was sitting on.

"Man, now you're the loser in this relationship, huh?" He teased and she shoved him causing him to laugh.

"Nah, he's happy. This is happy Garrett. Kind of forgot what he was like." John stated before finishing off his beer.

"That makes me sad."

"Nah, it's all good. He's happy. You make him happy. And we like you so it's awesome."

She chuckled, "I like you guys too."

"Good." He replied with a smile and she relaxed her head against the boy's shoulder.

"Tired?"

"Yeah, but I don't want to make him leave."

"You're a good girlfriend."

She laughed at his remark, "Usually girlfriends let their boyfriends have friends..."

"Oh, well, that's new coming from his girlfriend so sorry for finding it odd."

"Ah yes I forget that."

The two laughed together before John announced he would go get them new beers. As he left her, her eyes immediately landed on Garrett. A smile hitting her lips as she watched him laugh with his friends. She liked him this way. He deserves to be happy and she wasn't going to lie and say she was glad she was part of why he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updating both of my stories in one night?! It's a miracle I tell you!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing to this story! It keeps me happy that's for sure! :)